News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Doesnt look like the 2s coming back to Walsall. I cant believe theres 2 buses an hour from CheslynHay to Wolves ( neither of which are very direct ) and none to Walsall....

Westy

Quote from: Bob on March 30, 2021, 07:55:52 PM
Doesnt look like the 2s coming back to Walsall. I cant believe theres 2 buses an hour from CheslynHay to Wolves ( neither of which are very direct ) and none to Walsall....

How reliable is the train thesedays?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 30, 2021, 10:17:58 PM
How reliable is the train thesedays?

Not very from Cheslyn Hay station, it closed in the 1960s and never reopened

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Bob on March 30, 2021, 07:55:52 PM
I don't see the point in the 2 to Walsall being Reinstated! It would be a death sentence for D&G with NX on the X51! I heard thats doing rather well since the change took place the other week

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on March 30, 2021, 10:38:09 PM
I don't see the point in the 2 to Walsall being Reinstated! It would be a death sentence for D&G with NX on the X51! I heard thats doing rather well since the change took place the other week

Theres no bus service at all from Bridgtown, Cheslyn Hay etc to Walsall at all now

Westy

Quote from: Bob on March 30, 2021, 10:51:26 PM
Theres no bus service at all from Bridgtown, Cheslyn Hay etc to Walsall at all now

Nice little gap to fill there, along with the Stafford Road in Bloxwich & Somerfield Road in Leamore, but I'm not holding my breath with the latter!

Bob

Quote from: Westy on March 30, 2021, 10:57:07 PM
Nice little gap to fill there, along with the Stafford Road in Bloxwich & Somerfield Road in Leamore, but I'm not holding my breath with the latter!

True

WilliamLeylandNational

It would seem more likely that the 1 would come back to offer a direct service between Cannock and Walsall now that the X51 is not as direct anymore.

Bob

Quote from: WilliamLeylandNational on March 31, 2021, 09:24:30 AM
It would seem more likely that the 1 would come back to offer a direct service between Cannock and Walsall now that the X51 is not as direct anymore.

Which would still leave Bridgtown and Cheslyn Hay without a service to Walsall.

mikestone

841 Stafford-Uttoxeter operated by Chaserider from 12th April.

BusMan Greg

Wouldn't it make more sense for Adderley Green to run it? If a bus was to break down in Uttoxeter, the support vehicle would only have to drive 20 mins down the road. Driving from Cannock to Uttoxeter is a right treck

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on April 03, 2021, 02:39:18 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense for Adderley Green to run it? If a bus was to break down in Uttoxeter, the support vehicle would only have to drive 20 mins down the road. Driving from Cannock to Uttoxeter is a right treck
The same could be said if the vehicle broke down over Stafford way, it would be a trek for AG engineering to get there.  If the vehicle breaks down over Uttoxeter way, then Adderley Green would send assistance.  It doesn't have to come from Cannock. 

Also, there's a whole many reasons that determine where a route would be operated from.

BusMan Greg

On the McArthur Glen website it states that the 25/26 will be serving the designer outlet on Sundays! This can be found here https://www.mcarthurglen.com/outlets/en/uk/designer-outlet-west-midlands/plan-your-visit/

IMarkeh

Throwing an idea out there, could it be being done to even out the depots since Cannock depot will be losing a good few buses worth of work to Select and has nothing coming in to give drivers work. The routes to Select mean 4 buses less work at Cannock but the new 432 and the 841 moving would give 3 buses worth of work to Cannock so overall, less buses are messed around. Maybe save on shunt cars as well as instead of Adderley Green sending shunt cars, the 841 drivers may be able to either get the 74 back to Cannock, be used on local Stafford routes or share a shunt car back to the depot. Overall, some savings which can be made.

Shame to see how the Cannock depot has become though in the space of just a few months. D&G proper came in with their size 15s and basically cut half the routes and has now moved half the routes so passengers get much worse value for money when it comes to day and week tickets and given them a much more confusing way to get around with a new operator. Not quite sure that this is the way to get passengers back onto buses but oh well, maybe opting for D&Gs normal managed decline strategy rather than trying to get people onboard.

Solo1

The 432\841 I think ur find will Interwork with 74 for driver breaks & the drivers on the services select will b running could transfer to select

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk