News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Velo bike ride 24th September

Started by karl724223, August 17, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

Looking forward to seeing what route the 9 will take.

Will also be a good opportunity to see some unusual "E" destinations, such as 4H to Coombes Wood and 244 to Whittingham Road.

karl724223

Quote from: sonic84 on September 16, 2017, 10:15:39 AM
Looking forward to seeing what route the 9 will take.

Will also be a good opportunity to see some unusual "E" destinations, such as 4H to Coombes Wood and 244 to Whittingham Road.
stour  thorns rd quarry bonk 4m to blackheath warley to bearwood bear tavern end  city rd Dudley rd sandpits great Charles st colmore row

karl724223

Good luck trying to catch buses tomorrow 

Quote from: karl724223 on September 23, 2017, 09:26:44 PM
Good luck trying to catch buses tomorrow
I tried to catch the 48 in Bearwood earlier today, I asked one of the NWM inspectors where it was going towards Northfield and was told it was supposed to be turning round in the bus station, 127/8 diversion to Spring Hill, 8a/c to Five Ways, Harborne routes to Harborne and then normal line of route from there and to catch it opposite Aldi as if I was going to West Brom, a 48 to West Brom turned up and a E200 on the 48 in the correct direction towards Northfield turned up, so I then crossed over, the next 48 (an Omnilink turned right of the High Street up the road from there in the distance. So it appeared the 48's were going allover the place on the place. I ended up giving up with it, so was unable to get to where I wanted to go.

Why couldn't these maps of the diversion route be put up at stops for passengers to see instead of only NWM inspectors having them. There was a lack of info at bus stops.

Lots of people getting confused about the 11 as well and ending up having to walk all the way from Bearwood to Harborne. Even with the 11 shuttle there was confusion because it was displaying 11E City Hospital and people let it go past wanting to go beyond the City Hospital, unaware the 11a/c were being diverted.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

V89MOA

The whole thing was a farce, you can thank the councils concerned for allowing it to happen.
It looks like it will be back next year too as they have opened applications online.... Absolute joke.

karl724223

Quote from: 2206 on September 24, 2017, 04:23:59 PM
I tried to catch the 48 in Bearwood earlier today, I asked one of the NWM inspectors where it was going towards Northfield and was told it was supposed to be turning round in the bus station, 127/8 diversion to Spring Hill, 8a/c to Five Ways, Harborne routes to Harborne and then normal line of route from there and to catch it opposite Aldi as if I was going to West Brom, a 48 to West Brom turned up and a E200 on the 48 in the correct direction towards Northfield turned up, so I then crossed over, the next 48 (an Omnilink turned right of the High Street up the road from there in the distance. So it appeared the 48's were going allover the place on the place. I ended up giving up with it, so was unable to get to where I wanted to go.

Why couldn't these maps of the diversion route be put up at stops for passengers to see instead of only NWM inspectors having them. There was a lack of info at bus stops.

Lots of people getting confused about the 11 as well and ending up having to walk all the way from Bearwood to Harborne. Even with the 11 shuttle there was confusion because it was displaying 11E City Hospital and people let it go past wanting to go beyond the City Hospital, unaware the 11a/c were being diverted.
you knew there was going to be major description with road closures and major diversions so what you moaning about

Quote from: karl724223 on September 24, 2017, 07:28:58 PM
you knew there was going to be major description with road closures and major diversions so what you moaning about
People still have to get about even if there is major disruption, people have to go to work, etc.
What I am complaining about, is that in my opinion there was a lack of info at stops about where buses were going, if there was a poster up telling me what stop the 48 was using then I would have easily been able to find my way.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

I think most people were smart to avoid and planned alternative, You went out for leisure, knew the interruptions and STILL moaned... have you got something better to do on a day with loads of disruption?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack

Quote from: Chris on September 24, 2017, 07:42:39 PM
I think most people were smart to avoid and planned alternative, You went out for leisure, knew the interruptions and STILL moaned... have you got something better to do on a day with loads of disruption?
He just went out to see the disruptions and moan about them.

Quote from: Chris on September 24, 2017, 07:42:39 PM
I never just went out for the sake of it. What do you mean by, haven't you got something better to do.
Lots of people were actually stood at stops waiting for diverted buses.
I was just stating the amount of disruption it's caused is ridiculous.
And how do you expect someone who was planning ahead yesterday to work out the mystery route the 24 was going to take to find how alternate stops and routes. Or the mystery stop the 48 was going to use in Bearwood. Lack of info.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on September 24, 2017, 07:53:16 PM
I was just stating the amount of disruption it's caused is ridiculous.
You knew it was going to be ridiculous and still decided to post it, when everyone knew it was going to be chaos...

Quote from: Jack on September 24, 2017, 07:56:02 PM
You knew it was going to be ridiculous and still decided to post it, when everyone knew it was going to be chaos...
What was stopping them from putting notices on ever stop affected telling people any info they need, alternative routes/stops what diversion route was going to take, what stops the bus was using and where the bus will come put. It'd make things so much easier.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Use uber instead, I walked from Kingswinford to Merry Hill
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

karl724223

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on September 24, 2017, 08:06:07 PM
What was stopping them from putting notices on ever stop affected telling people any info they need, alternative routes/stops what diversion route was going to take, what stops the bus was using and where the bus will come put. It'd make things so much easier.
It would make things easier if you didn't post crap about the chaos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk