News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Velo bike ride 24th September

Started by karl724223, August 17, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 25, 2017, 08:38:03 PM
If I was a business affected by it, I would sue them for loss of income plus damages

There again my family solicitors, Dewey, Chetham and Screwem would be happy to take the case, same with Sue, Grabbit and Runne.

What damages would they be?

Kevin

I wonder if as many people will be against the road closures for the marathon, or if some are just against cycling
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

I remember Sue Grabbit & Run being 'used' on the old Ian Perry phone in on Beacon Radio.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2017, 06:03:04 AM
I wonder if as many people will be against the road closures for the marathon, or if some are just against cycling

The only closures I'm in favour of are ones to facilitate activities by the emergency services, ones for the telecommunications companies and other statutory undertakers, closures to facilitate road improvements/safety measures that affect the walls/running of the carriageway and closures to facilitate works on tramways and railways.

closing it for follies like street parties, marathons or cycle races should, in my opinion, never be allowed.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2017, 06:03:04 AM

It is not the road closures in themselves that was the problem to me, just the sheer volume of roads that were closed. Why did the organisers need to shut a lot of the roads on Wollescote and Pedmore Fields meaning that anybody needing to get out was stuck.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk