News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wicksons. Clayhanger

Started by andyr, December 15, 2015, 02:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyr

Very sad to see another long established family company decide to close. I vive there final day of operation is the 18th December. There managing director Martin Wickson as decided to retire. Good luck to all of the staff and a happy retirement to Martin.

Tony

Quote from: andyr on December 15, 2015, 02:13:34 PM
Very sad to see another long established family company decide to close. I vive there final day of operation is the 18th December. There managing director Martin Wickson as decided to retire. Good luck to all of the staff and a happy retirement to Martin.

The operator that rents space in the Yard, Robinson's, seems quite a respectable outfit, hopefully they may take some of the staff & work on

B61 ANDREW

Has anyone seen any of the Wicksons vehicles with new operators ?  Wicksons vehicles always seemed tidy and well looked after.  :)

woody38

Seems so sad to see an operater like Wicksons dissapear they used to do so.e lovely day trips, can'nt beleive nobody wanted to buy the bussiness as a going concern like when Whittle's was bought.

Solo1

I would or thought parry ' s from by cannock would of brought them

andyr

Why would Parrys of been interested ? They operate there own tour programme. They don't do coach charter or contracts so hardly fits in with there business. As I understand the Wicksons business was never put on the market.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk