News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: Tony on November 19, 2020, 09:15:38 AM
They don't stop tracking when they leave the area

They do, the X51s stop just north of Bloxwich at the Staffordshire border.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Pat

Quote from: DJ on November 19, 2020, 11:22:11 AM
That's only the X51 then, as WN's services continue to track over the Staffordshire border.

Tony

6726 is currently tracking in Cannock on the X51

Adam 404

@DJ  Are you referring to the bus stops themselves not having live times?
Such as here in Great Wyrley.
https://bustimes.org/stops/3800C610301

Meanwhile further along the route they show as live times.
https://bustimes.org/stops/43000626202

Vehicles still show their location beyond Bloxwich, as @Tony  has said.

On further inspection - they do appear to not track beyond Great Wyrley
6726 - https://bustimes.org/vehicles/179008#journeys/86793518

6739 -
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/178886#journeys/86794516

V89MOA

The 10/10A/937 all stop tracking at the top of Brownhills high street too.

John

X3s stop at the A5 island

Interesting post on @Stu's site I noticed from what looks like a unhappy customer.
The part I was wondering about is this:

"Now, firstly IM is subject to DfT guidelines, not DfE, but as a former teacher, he is maybe a bit tunnel vision. Even if he was following DfE guidance though, he would have to allow exempt students the same rights as non-exempt ones. It's the law. All the government's coronavirus guidance, from whichever department it originates, insists that operators of public services must consider their compliance with existing equalities legislation when devising their coronavirus response measures. IM appears totally ignorant of this fact, despite having been challenged by several individual parents on the matter. He simply refuses to budge and is refusing access to any student (whether validly exempt or not) without a mask. He has even set up a dedicated line for children to "grass" on other children using the service if they are not wearing a mask throughout the journey to school! This totally goes against the DfT's "Coronavirus guidance for transport operators" which aims to encourage passenger compliance rather than to enforce it, and leaves room for valid exemptions. Imagine a shop or a cafe trying to open up without disabled access – this would exclude a whole set of people with a protected characteristic and therefore discriminate against them. This is exactly the same."

I would have thought they would allow access to the service to children with valid exemptions/disabled child with valid exemption. Particularly if they let the operator know on boarding the service.
Is there truth in what has been said I wander?

https://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/community/discussion/problems-with-the-green-bus/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

Disney stores do not allow for exemptions for mask wearing  thing is with masks since some of the "exemptions" are not listed as formal disabilities the DDA wouldn't apply.

Quote from: Steveminor on November 20, 2020, 09:45:44 PM
Disney stores do not allow for exemptions for mask wearing  thing is with masks since some of the "exemptions" are not listed as formal disabilities the DDA wouldn't apply.
Would it not still apply for the ones that are listed as formal disabilities? Or is that not how it works?

I would think they'd at the least be going against Government guidelines.

And i'd suppose Disney Store is a little different as well as I can't understand any reason why anyone would need to go there anyway, whereas the child probably needs to get to school.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

The key there is "guidelines". The DDA legislation goes into fine detail regarding disability rights even down to the maximum degree angle for ramps etc however face coverings of any description are not mentioned. I guess it's one of those legal grey areas that's awaiting a landmark case..
The mixed messages over face coverings really needs sorting out though, as if you have certain respiratory problems then you are more susceptible to coronavirus & more likely to become seriously ill. However if you have that same respiratory illness then you may be exempt from wearing the one thing that may afford you "some" level of protection. It has been scientifically proven that wearing a face covering does NOT restrict your oxygen intake or lower the oxygen levels in your blood.
Anyway if you dont like wearing a mask you'd absolutely loathe wearing a respirator

Quote from: Steveminor on November 20, 2020, 10:38:01 PM
It has been scientifically proven that wearing a face covering does NOT restrict your oxygen intake or lower the oxygen levels in your blood.
Yeah I was making the assumption that its a genuine customer and the child is genuinely exempt for some physical/mental reason basically/causes them severe problem.
Rather than someone who believes that it lowers, oxygen in the blood, or someone who is annoyed/upset at having to wear one etc.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Steveminor on November 20, 2020, 10:38:01 PM
The key there is "guidelines". The DDA legislation goes into fine detail regarding disability rights even down to the maximum degree angle for ramps etc however face coverings of any description are not mentioned. I guess it's one of those legal grey areas that's awaiting a landmark case..
The mixed messages over face coverings really needs sorting out though, as if you have certain respiratory problems then you are more susceptible to coronavirus & more likely to become seriously ill. However if you have that same respiratory illness then you may be exempt from wearing the one thing that may afford you "some" level of protection. It has been scientifically proven that wearing a face covering does NOT restrict your oxygen intake or lower the oxygen levels in your blood.
Anyway if you dont like wearing a mask you'd absolutely loathe wearing a respirator

Well said sir on the mask wearing situation

Trident in Travel Decourcey livery LX03BYG at Ward End on the 843 this afternoon.
In place of the the usual Gemini bus. SN55BNY I think normally, which also did the AM journey this morning.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ayyHugo

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Green Bus now that the catchment admissions system has been introduced for King Edwards schools, since nearly half their services run too and from these schools. I presume they'll start focusing more on public bus services or their bus hire.

Quote from: ayyHugo on November 23, 2020, 07:48:12 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens with the Green Bus now that the catchment admissions system has been introduced for King Edwards schools, since nearly half their services run too and from these schools. I presume they'll start focusing more on public bus services or their bus hire.
I had a look and found the catchment area map.

The routes might be altered./Areas they run to changed.
Ward End, Erdington, Stechford, Yardley, Sutton, Walmley, Bordesley Green/Heartlands etc look to all come under Aston catchment area. So would think 843, 844 and 842 will be able to remain unchanged.
https://www.schoolsofkingedwardvi.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/ALLBOYS.jpg
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk