News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

Interesting timings, I would have thought departing Wolverhampton at 9.00 or even 10.00 would be more appealing to potential users and then run the whole timetable 1 or 2 hours later. Although, the logic of an early morning shop and home for lunchtime may also have an appeal.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 31, 2020, 08:14:02 PM
Well 117 the other day hadn't got a ticket machine working, so no revenue was made on that day

Don't forget on Monday and Tuesday all journeys were Free!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 01, 2020, 07:21:10 PM
Don't forget on Monday and Tuesday all journeys were Free!

Wednesday was aswell once 117 took over

Stuharris 6360

Appears Green Bus are upsetting people in Amblecote by using Kirkstone Way instead of Sandringham Way and just stopping to pick up /drop off passengers where they please. Local MP has said she will investigate.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 09, 2020, 06:43:35 PM
Appears Green Bus are upsetting people in Amblecote by using Kirkstone Way instead of Sandringham Way and just stopping to pick up /drop off passengers where they please. Local MP has said she will investigate.

The thing is if the route is registered as Hail and Ride on Kirkstone Way then the MP has no leg to stand on. Buses have served that stretch of route before (the 250/1 when they first launched)!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

ellspurs

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 09, 2020, 06:43:35 PM

At least it is showing that the service is being used!

And man, is the complaint the fact that they're using Kirkstone Way or that they're not using Sandringham Way?

Solo1

How busy is 242 compared to 228

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Solo1 on August 09, 2020, 07:46:12 PM
How busy is 242 compared to 228

I would say not as busy, but I haven't seen may 228 journeys so I'd just be guessing.

mikestone

Staffordshire CC website says the 242 will run from 27th September, but only Kinver to Stourbridge.

fleetline6477

Should operate hourly frequency then

fleetline6477

Just been reading the COVI 19 guidelines on the Green Bus site, adding measures to the DfE guidelines, including

'buses will operate like the quiet carriage on a train, without unnecessary talking'

School buses have always been like the quiet carriage of a train!!

j789

It looked like one of the Presidents had broken down near Whitlocks end station on a school route today with a van in attendance.

V102MOA

Quote from: mikestone on September 04, 2020, 08:22:58 PM
Staffordshire CC website says the 242 will run from 27th September, but only Kinver to Stourbridge.

This is incorrect, though the number of journeys to Merry Hill is reduced to two per day.

Timetable attached

V102MOA

Quote from: V102MOA on September 05, 2020, 09:50:39 AM
This is incorrect, though the number of journeys to Merry Hill is reduced to two per day.

Sorry, I was mistaken, the timetable below will run until 27 September and then an hourly Kinver-Stourbridge service will run from then onwards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk