News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses/Coaches for Sale

Started by Ash, November 05, 2012, 08:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

does seem exstrmely mad why they are selling off newer vehicles off and keeping old tired darts on the road. The b7's would be ideal to work something at west midland operations!!! and even more mad concidering how rotala go on about being commited to quality on there group website! old darts with several different types of seat covers doesn't seem to be quality!
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

I think there just using their old darts to their actually worn out completely as i doubt anybody would actually buy them and will probably go straight to scrap, some of the older darts are not too bad but agree some of the buses have loads of different seat coverings and paint peeling off the hand rails etc.

winston

Rotala now have a January sale on with 'all reasonable offers considered' on the vehicles that have been listed for sale for a number of months. I believe they have managed to sell only one 04 plate Volvo to date.

They have also added R, S & T reg Dart SLF's on to the bottom of the list

Ash

Quote from: Winston on January 12, 2013, 12:15:13 AM
Rotala now have a January sale on with 'all reasonable offers considered' on the vehicles that have been listed for sale for a number of months. I believe they have managed to sell only one 04 plate Volvo to date.

Hi Winston, where do you find out about the vehicles for sale or the list of the ones for sale, thanks.

Is this the page you found the info from

winston

Quote from: Ash on January 12, 2013, 12:45:05 AM

Hi Winston, where do you find out about the vehicles for sale or the list of the ones for sale, thanks.

Hi Ash,

Route One online magazine

http://www.route-one.net/issues/469/index.html#/52/

Ash

Quote from: Winston on January 12, 2013, 11:08:34 AM

Hi Ash,

Ok thanks Winston, well I hope if these buses are sold they use the money to buy some newer buses as the cadets are used on the 4 and 301 2 key routes for diamond and the capacity is needed.

winston

Quote from: Ash on January 12, 2013, 04:19:33 PM

Hi Ash,

Ok thanks Winston, well I hope if these buses are sold they use the money to buy some newer buses as the cadets are used on the 4 and 301 2 key routes for diamond and the capacity is needed.

Ash, don't hold your breath, they'll probably buy new buses for Wessex & Preston out the sale proceeds.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Winston on January 12, 2013, 04:22:37 PM
Quote from: Ash on January 12, 2013, 04:19:33 PM

Hi Ash,

Ash, don't hold your breath, they'll probably buy new buses for Wessex & Preston out the sale proceeds.

If the DAFs are sold, they need some more full/nearly full size singles to replace them.
Wessex cast offs wouldn't be too bad, they take some pride in the appearance of their vehicles.

Ash

Most of the cast offs from Wessex have been the smaller midi darts and not the full size vehicles. Be nice to see some of the centro's return to the midlands doubt that though unless any new deliveries go wessex red's way to replace them. I've been on the cadets a few times they dont sound brilliant especially the 02 reg ones the 51 reg ones seem much better. One of the best ones is 30207.

winston

It seems Rotala have had a change of heart with disposing of its fleet of Cadets from Black Diamond (or had no takers.....)

On the plus side, their latest advert in Route-one still has the remaining 4 x B7RLE still for sale, along with 2 x MPD's (2005 reg), however they appear to be having a clear out of older Dart SLF's with no less than 48 x various sizes / bodywork dating from 1997 - 2000 for sale, plus one B6LE / Wright Crusader which will no doubt be 31134 T134AST

http://www.route-one.net/issues/470/index.html#/52/

Ash

Quote from: Winston on January 18, 2013, 11:54:18 PM
It seems Rotala have had a change of heart with disposing of its fleet of Cadets from Black Diamond (or had no takers.....)

On the plus side, their latest advert in Route-one still has the remaining 4 x B7RLE still for sale, along with 2 x MPD's (2005 reg), however they appear to be having a clear out of older Dart SLF's with no less than 48 x various sizes / bodywork dating from 1997 - 2000 for sale, plus one B6LE / Wright Crusader which will no doubt be 31134 T134AST

http://www.route-one.net/issues/470/index.html#/52/

I'm glad there not getting rid of the cadets, most of the darts for sale i guess are the ones stored at Tividale the old touchwood connection buses and the ones parked up at Long acre with all different route brandings. I'm sure some of those V reg darts (VXXXSVV) ones could replace some of the older S and T reg darts in service with diamond. I wonder what happened to y283hua (30217) got withdrawn was this due to accident damage.

winston

Rotala have finally sold the 4 remaining 04 plate B7RLE / Wright from Wessex Connect too.............. Yourbus, Nottingham

Ash

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2013, 12:56:44 PM
Rotala have finally sold the 4 remaining 04 plate B7RLE / Wright from Wessex Connect too.............. Yourbus, Nottingham

This doesn't surprise me there fleet is very impressive especially with the introduction of brand new citaro's not good when previously rotala have purchased there old 52 reg darts it seems Rotala are going in the opposite direction with improving the fleet.

winston

Quote from: Ash on February 17, 2013, 01:49:26 PM
Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2013, 12:56:44 PM

This doesn't surprise me there fleet is very impressive especially with the introduction of brand new citaro's not good when previously rotala have purchased there old 52 reg darts it seems Rotala are going in the opposite direction with improving the fleet.

I'll second that! I don't think the good people of Redditch & Kidderminster can expect to see any more investment under Rotala than they currently do under First

Cedric

think  we might  do , the only buses with the new style reg  are 3 54 reg darts  At KR,   the next newish a p reg darts
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk