News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses/Coaches for Sale

Started by Ash, November 05, 2012, 08:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

I'm sorry but you're talking nonsense. I haven't been a politician so I can't criticise the Prime Minister? I haven't been a builder so I can't complain about a house? You don't have to have owned a bus company to have a basic understanding about what is best practice and of a good standard. For your information I have worked extensively in the industry for over 20 years and hold an operator's CPC but I will not be going into any further detail and will continue to post any observations of any operator that I feel pertinent.

I am interested in improving the public transport system in the West Midlands in general by improving quality, frequency, flexibility and value for money. Sticking a load of clapped out Darts 2 minutes in front of somebody else's bus because you can't operate them in the city centre any more and playing wacky races in 2's and 3's will do little to achieve that. And that goes for anyone that does it.

Stevo

I don't know where the independent monitor stood! At Solihull Sunny departures bear very little resemblance to the timetable - they just sit on the stop and fill up.

andyr

Not sure who Steveminor is? (think we know who he works for though?) but i hope he goes away as quicly as he appeard! This is a nice forum, lots of different opinions but no need for personal attacks!

richie

Sunny travel? What's sunny about them do they still cut up nx buses and delete part of the route to get in front on the 120 service oh and I forgot to mention wait at green lights till they turn red so the nx bus is left behind, but they are such a good operator that passengers waive them passed. So is that because they are unreliable? Or tat buses? Or the brilliant driving standards? I will let the majority decide

Tony

Quote from: richie on November 07, 2012, 10:07:49 PM
Sunny travel? What's sunny about them do they still cut up nx buses and delete part of the route to get in front on the 120 service oh and I forgot to mention wait at green lights till they turn red so the nx bus is left behind, but they are such a good operator that passengers waive them passed. So is that because they are unreliable? Or tat buses? Or the brilliant driving standards? I will let the majority decide

They still do the traffic light trick, I have a photograph of one on the 71 dropping off passengers at a green traffic light in the zigzags completely illegally. makes sure the other operators cannot get past

richie

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2012, 10:18:10 PM
Quote from: richie on November 07, 2012, 10:07:49 PM

They still do the traffic light trick, I have a photograph of one on the 71 dropping off passengers at a green traffic light in the zigzags completely illegally. makes sure the other operators cannot get past

Lets hope nx are using the forward facing cameras to put a case to the traffic commissioner !

Steveminor

If you give me the details of the bus that did that (time date registration) then that will be dealt with.
As for running 2 mins in front of NXWM well since we run every 12 mins & the combined timetable of NXWM 71/72 is 10 mins, then that is not possible all day & I'm sure you will see @ some points we depart BEHIND NXWM or Claribels. If we didn't then we would be late for the next journey (especially @ peak times). Yes the buses are old but are well maintained & we are trying to update them with low floor buses now. People do enjoy our service & we have regular customers who choose us over both competitors. If people didn't get on we wouldn't still be in business.
Perhaps when observing in Solihull you would like to observe how many Claribel buses operate to Solihull Station (their registered terminus) & how many simply turn short in the Town & wait outside Jimmy Spices. No one seems to make any comment about their practices.
Oh & for the record WE decided not to operate buses in City Centre even though we have 2 low floors & could have continued on the 14 service.
If you have any constructive comments they are welcome, but if you just want to run an operator down purely because you don't like them ( whether they be sunny travel , VIP. Diamond   Arriva or whoever). Then remember these operators spend a lot of time money & effort to try and provide a service in a very difficult economic climate. How would you feel if it were you.

Steveminor

Oh and Andy, knowing how top operate buses & actually owning a company are completely different . I mean how much experience did Mick Singh have & he couldn't make it work.

MW

I've seen one of their Darts overtake an Eclipse on the 71 on the stretch between Solihull Station and Town Centre (Station Road), where there are two lanes. And even when it got to the stop, nobody caught it lol.

andy

Quote from: Steveminor on November 08, 2012, 06:55:20 AM
If you have any constructive comments they are welcome, but if you just want to run an operator down purely because you don't like them ( whether they be sunny travel , VIP. Diamond   Arriva or whoever). Then remember these operators spend a lot of time money & effort to try and provide a service in a very difficult economic climate. How would you feel if it were you.

I have no interest in 'running anyone down' but this does not mean that I shouldn't express my views or observations, only supported ones I might add.

Well, since you ask....If it were me..:

I would ask myself why a lot of people seemingly have a poor conception of my company.
I would insist that my drivers wore something approaching smart clothing to convey the image of a professional driver, or even consider issuing them with a uniform.
I would remind my drivers of the importance of not attempting dangerous overtaking manouveres at full speed when there are pedestrians about that have just alighted from the stopped vehicle I am desperate to get in front of. (This happened to the bus I was travelling on 3 times today)
I would remind my drivers that when they are parked up in the High Street absorbing passengers at the bus stop until the second they see a competitor in the mirror, they should have their engine switched off.
I would teach them to pull into a bus layby correctly like everyone else does, and not leave the back end poking out to prevent another bus getting by, despite the fact their vehicle is half the length.
I would probably be thinking about the next route I can explode onto, leaving my 'loyal customers' behind as I have done several times before.

Please don't offer the economic climate as an excuse for shoddyness. In this business you should either do it properly or not atall.

You may have a point regarding Claribels turning early but there is very little else you can level at them, they are on the whole a very professional outfit and I think that shows itself really.

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on November 08, 2012, 06:55:20 AM
If you give me the details of the bus that did that (time date registration) then that will be dealt with.
As for running 2 mins in front of NXWM well since we run every 12 mins & the combined timetable of NXWM 71/72 is 10 mins, then that is not possible all day & I'm sure you will see @ some points we depart BEHIND NXWM or Claribels. If we didn't then we would be late for the next journey (especially @ peak times). Yes the buses are old but are well maintained & we are trying to update them with low floor buses now. People do enjoy our service & we have regular customers who choose us over both competitors. If people didn't get on we wouldn't still be in business.
Perhaps when observing in Solihull you would like to observe how many Claribel buses operate to Solihull Station (their registered terminus) & how many simply turn short in the Town & wait outside Jimmy Spices. No one seems to make any comment about their practices.
Oh & for the record WE decided not to operate buses in City Centre even though we have 2 low floors & could have continued on the 14 service.

As requested here is the photograph of the vehicle unloading at a green pelican crossing. you can teel from the position I took the photograph behind the bus laybye with nothing blocking the view that there were no other buses present. The doors are open visible through the windscreen, the gentleman in the blue coat has just got off and another lady is just alighting on the platform. The date taken was 22/10/12 it was around 11am, I would need to find the memory card the original not reduced image was on to find the exact time

richie

Looks like the platform is lowered

PM

Im wondering what position Steve minor has in Sunny Travel......

tank90

Quote from: Peter123 on November 08, 2012, 08:07:46 PM
Im wondering what position Steve minor has in Sunny Travel......
t
I was thinking that myself, Sunny Travel dont seem to have a web site  :o Or at least one I can find through google at any rate.

Do you think we should ask him?
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Steveminor

Thanks for that Tony I will follow that up & take appropriate action with the driver. I know from my records who this bus was allocated to. Thank you.

Andy you have made a couple of constructive comments I.e staff uniform. This will be looked into. As for allegations of poor driving standards as per Tony please furnish me with specific details times dates locations & registrations. I can't reprimand a driver for something someone else may have done. As for the comment about finding a different route and letting down our loyal customers, well you can't have it both ways firstly you're saying people don't catch us then your admitting we have loyal customers. As I stated in an earlier post their are reasons for pulling off the 120 & 14 that I shall not go into on a public forum.
You say we sit around on the stop in Solihull with the engine running & I will admit that is the case on occasion, however the same can also be said of Claribels 71e NXWM 31 & Johnsons S7 so I it doesn't seem fair to single us out for that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk