News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses/Coaches for Sale

Started by Ash, November 05, 2012, 08:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

This convo has drifted a bit since i first mentioned diamond was selling darts on ebay.

tank90

That is true Ash, Maybe Tony needs to lift the Sunny Travel bits out and move them to a new post in other operators titled Sunny Travel, or put a link to a past post Looney Sunny Travel driver with a photo of a Sunny Travel Buses over taking a NXWM Bus on a Round about in Birmingham at what looks to be at speed.

But going back to the main point now which is of course these Diamond buses on ebay, maybe these have been put up by who ever bought them off Diamond and havent painted them white to cover up the last owner.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

This confuses me on Tony's fleet changes from rotala it has buses like 31414 as being sold but was in service today so dont get whats happening with them unless there being kept until the ones form yourbus are ready to go into service.

tank90

Erm unless someone from Rotala and Diamond have not got a clue on what they are selling or what they have sold  :o
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Rotala are clearly trying to shift a few of their vehicles and not many appear to have been sold, the exception being the ex preston bus solos. Why do we think this is? Because i was looking on ensignbus' website and they have 2001 lez compliant darts for £9500 and rotala have shorter, older ones for £12, 500!! :P

Discodave

winston

Quote from: Discodave on December 21, 2012, 08:33:41 PM
overpriced maybe

Its looking that way, as they have been sale for a good few months now & no takers it seems. I notice the 04 reg B7RLE's have dropped in price from £60k down to £57k, can't imagine knocking £3k off will make much difference

PM

Quote from: Winston on December 21, 2012, 08:45:14 PM
overpriced maybe

Its looking that way, as they have been sale for a good few months now & no takers it seems. I notice the 04 reg B7RLE's have dropped in price from £60k down to £57k, can't imagine knocking £3k off will make much difference

Nope i agree must be the price as southdown psv have cadets and darts for les than rotala

NXWM Spectra

overpriced maybe

Is prefer for the B7RLE to go to Diamond, and for further Darts to be withdrawn and sold.

Makes sense withdrawing and selling older buses first.

PM

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on December 21, 2012, 09:31:05 PM
overpriced maybe

Is prefer for the B7RLE to go to Diamond, and for further Darts to be withdrawn and sold.

B7rles are far more saleable and the rotala strategy seems to be withdraw midlife vehicles and sell them when new buses arrive as opposed to the oldest buses, such as tridents being sold in preston as opposed to olympians.

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on December 21, 2012, 09:32:43 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on December 21, 2012, 09:31:05 PM
overpriced maybe

B7rles are far more saleable and the rotala strategy seems to be withdraw midlife vehicles and sell them when new buses arrive as opposed to the oldest buses, such as tridents being sold in preston as opposed to olympians.

They also sold the 57 plate B9TL/Wright Gemini ex Wessex Park & Ride instead of retaining them for cascade, those were dual door though. But there were a few coach seated examples that were also sold that were bought second-hand from E&M, Horsburgh

winston

overpriced maybe

Still no takers, B7RLE's now dropped to £55k/each & 05 Darts too £33k

nitromatt1

You could probably get four or five decent 10+ year old tridents for the price of one of those B7RLEs, who in their right mind would pay those prices?

MW

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 28, 2012, 01:46:14 AM
You could probably get four or five decent 10+ year old tridents for the price of one of those B7RLEs, who in their right mind would pay those prices?

Decent is pushing the boat out. You could get 3 decent ones max. You could get 5 ex London clapped out ones though.

Discodave

What would be a more reasonable price for the rotala buses (aka scrap)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk