News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses/Coaches for Sale

Started by Ash, November 05, 2012, 08:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Just looked on ebay and diamond are selling 9 dennis dart including fleetnumbers 31479-31483 at £4995.00 each from a seller in Aldridge.

Tony

Quote from: Ash on November 05, 2012, 08:11:31 PM
Just looked on ebay and diamond are selling 9 dennis dart including fleetnumbers 31479-31483 at £4995.00 each from a seller in Aldridge.

I think you will find Diamond have already sold them and this is the buyer selling them on ebay

PM

Quote from: Tony on November 05, 2012, 08:35:43 PM

I think you will find Diamond have already sold them and this is the buyer selling them on ebay

Yep theyve been sold to volant and theyre trying to shift them

Ash

Quote from: Tony on November 05, 2012, 08:35:43 PM

Ok thanks Tony I was on 31480 just at the end of last week so must have been sold in the last couple of days and I guess the buses rotala have aquired from Yourbus will be replacing them.

Isle of Stroma

31480 still in service today on the 326.

Tony

I have put all the October changes for Black/Red Diamond on the front page of the main website, obviously some of the sales have not been released to Volant whilst they try and sell them

Ash

Looking at the recent changes im suprised 31419 has been sold after recently being refurbished and repainted and I noticed some of the buses that have been noted as being sold are actually still being used in service is this due to them actually awaiting a buyer.

Steveminor

I would be surprised if they had benn bought by Volant as Volant just act as a middle man for Rotala sales.
Volant however are not a company I would ever trust again, Sunny Travel arranged to purchase 2 Darts off them & even paid a deposit before Volant decided to raise the price (to almost double) stating that "it's not our fault, Rotala want more money from them" .they then arranged the sale that had been agreed to include 3 different darts. Having checked with Rotala 2 of the three had already been purchased by a different buyer direct from Rotala & the third was not for sale & indeed is still in service with them now.

andy

Quote from: Steveminor on November 06, 2012, 06:41:07 AM
I would be surprised if they had benn bought by Volant as Volant just act as a middle man for Rotala sales.
Volant however are not a company I would ever trust again, Sunny Travel arranged to purchase 2 Darts off them & even paid a deposit before Volant decided to raise the price (to almost double) stating that "it's not our fault, Rotala want more money from them" .they then arranged the sale that had been agreed to include 3 different darts. Having checked with Rotala 2 of the three had already been purchased by a different buyer direct from Rotala & the third was not for sale & indeed is still in service with them now.

You'll have to forgive me if my heart doesn't bleed for Sunny Travel, that operator of tremendous repute with a staff uniform of trackies and trainers, buses that run around with the engine cover held down by a front door bolt and a timetable JK Rowling would struggle to concoct. VOSA could do with visiting Solihull....

Steveminor

Well Andy my point was regarding Volant's repute NOT Sunny Travels. It has also happened to other operators I know of.
As for critisising Sunny Travel (or any other operator), unless you have owned or even tried to own your own bus operation then your opinion doesn't mean a toss.
Oh & for your information the company is registered with the FTA who independantly inspect the vehicles & have passed the vehicles maintenance standards. As for the timetable an independant monitor has been out a couple of weeks ago & gave us 96% reliability NXWM 95% reliability & Claribels 80% reliability.
Not that I have to answer to the likes of you

andy

Quote from: Steveminor on November 06, 2012, 07:21:24 PM
Well Andy my point was regarding Volant's repute NOT Sunny Travels. It has also happened to other operators I know of.
As for critisising Sunny Travel (or any other operator), unless you have owned or even tried to own your own bus operation then your opinion doesn't mean a toss.
Oh & for your information the company is registered with the FTA who independantly inspect the vehicles & have passed the vehicles maintenance standards. As for the timetable an independant monitor has been out a couple of weeks ago & gave us 96% reliability NXWM 95% reliability & Claribels 80% reliability.
Not that I have to answer to the likes of you

I wasn't asking you for an explanation, but I am free to post what I have seen on the ground and I see it most days. There is no need for personal abuse. If you check my posts you will see that I have criticised other operators when in the wrong aswell.

Steveminor

If you read my post I said "or any other operator". It is too easy to sit on the sidelines & critisise & my personal view is that if you haven't been there & done it yourself then you shouldn't critisise. Constructive comments is a different matter though & I'm sure everyone welcomes them.

andy

Quote from: Steveminor on November 07, 2012, 09:54:56 AM
If you read my post I said "or any other operator". It is too easy to sit on the sidelines & critisise & my personal view is that if you haven't been there & done it yourself then you shouldn't critisise. Constructive comments is a different matter though & I'm sure everyone welcomes them.

How do you know I haven't?

Steveminor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk