News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

64 has ventured out after being off road for over 2 months

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on July 15, 2022, 06:23:53 AMThe 60's allocations seem decent today. 2 MCV's, a Scania & a versa. Could this be a sign of improvements? . However, 132 & 133 are on the 74's which is very weird as they are very reliable
The scania was soon removed and put on to pye green , and the solo off pye green was put out on the 60!!

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on July 15, 2022, 06:40:40 AMAnother thing I just noticed is....... 182 A SOLO is on the 74's WTH
I just don't get the logic of allocations, big heavy interurban type vehicles on pye greens, and clapped out unreliable mini buses on interurban, commercial suicide  or a managed decline  mmmm

I honestly don't get it. They've put 2 solos today on it. I swear they're just trying to kill routes. Or do they know they haven't got much time left so they're making as much damage as they can before they go

Bob

66chas expired in Cannock on the 63 with a queue of passengers left stransed

Bob

67 broke down ae well on 432 this morning. I can see where the nickmame Streets#ites came from 🤣

Quote from: Bob on July 16, 2022, 12:18:26 PM66chas expired in Cannock on the 63 with a queue of passengers left stransed
What happened to 66?

Steveminor

"Managed decline" "trying to kill routes" why on earth would a commercial business do this, it wouldn't make any business sense at all. End of the day the management know their buses & their network requirements.

solonightrider

Quote from: Steveminor on July 16, 2022, 09:31:40 PM"Managed decline" "trying to kill routes" why on earth would a commercial business do this, it wouldn't make any business sense at all. End of the day the management know their buses & their network requirements.
well they are already pulling vehicles off daily registered bus services to cover 'contract' work recently won, leaving joe public with out the services advertised, thought that was classed as a non compliant issue??  so yes a managed decline leading to ' 'oh its not carrying any one plea lets bin it ' would free up relevant vehicles for said contract work, run the network to the ground, and its happening on a daily basis. Why trundle big thirsty scania's and volvo's around a local circular all following one another all day and pop you most unreliable, unsuitable small capacity heaps of junk on the longer interurban work, Surely a 25 seater solo isn't the tool for the job on busy interurban timetable workings around school times. I have seen them full to the brim leaving folk behind whilst the more suitable vehicles are trundling round the green carrying fresh air. the amount of solo failures on interurban working is also quite eyewatering, lost revenue, lost mileages , shambles. These Solos are excellent on fuel i guess, struggle to use half a tank a week!  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

IMarkeh

Quote from: Steveminor on July 16, 2022, 09:31:40 PM"Managed decline" "trying to kill routes" why on earth would a commercial business do this, it wouldn't make any business sense at all. End of the day the management know their buses & their network requirements.
So you think Chaserider is a good operation then with minimal faults? If management know their buses and network requirements, why are buses failing so often and why isn't capacity meeting demand? Or is capacity meeting demand now that people have all given up and jumped back into their car because of the absolutely appalling service that Chaserider offer. Let's Go have better maintenance than this and could probably run the network 10x better too!

Chaserider are doing like what Arriva did in my area. They killed off route 3 which happened to link between 4 places on their core network (they had the 4 and X4 remaining between the 4 core points.). They killed demand so low on the 3 so then no one else could take it over and risk the viability of the 4 and X4 if passengers happened to use the new company on route 3 and the new company offered cheaper fares etc. They managed decline to save the rest of their network and avoid the potential of anyone competing against them. 

The 62 has been reregisted from the 5th September 2022 so it won't be scrapped. However, it is not decided IF it will return to a Saturday service

Bob

Quote from: IMarkeh on July 17, 2022, 02:32:24 AMSo you think Chaserider is a good operation then with minimal faults? If management know their buses and network requirements, why are buses failing so often and why isn't capacity meeting demand? Or is capacity meeting demand now that people have all given up and jumped back into their car because of the absolutely appalling service that Chaserider offer. Let's Go have better maintenance than this and could probably run the network 10x better too!

Chaserider are doing like what Arriva did in my area. They killed off route 3 which happened to link between 4 places on their core network (they had the 4 and X4 remaining between the 4 core points.). They killed demand so low on the 3 so then no one else could take it over and risk the viability of the 4 and X4 if passengers happened to use the new company on route 3 and the new company offered cheaper fares etc. They managed decline to save the rest of their network and avoid the potential of anyone competing against them.
Agreed. Caught 163 on 26 30 mins ago. Bus could barely get up bradbury lane incline then it started to smell of burning. By the time we got back to pye green road the bus was pumping out fumes inside to the point two old ladies said they had a headache. Drivwr rney with Had to do remainder of journey with doora open. Leaking a load of diesel apparently. Dumped in cannock broke down now. Aside from it sounding knackered for a while the interior waa filthy, none of the panels ( which were black) looked like theyd been cleaned for months

Commonwealth Games Fleet List:

65 - Wright Streetlite DF
144 - Optare Metrocity
538 - Enviro200 MMC
610 - Wright Streetlite DF
611 - Wright Streetliter

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on July 27, 2022, 08:30:07 PMCommonwealth Games Fleet List:

65 - Wright Streetlite DF
144 - Optare Metrocity
538 - Enviro200 MMC
610 - Wright Streetlite DF
611 - Wright Streetliter
Wonder why no solos mmm lol , no doubt be over run with solos on 74 etc then looming

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on July 27, 2022, 09:49:11 PMWonder why no solos mmm lol , no doubt be over run with solos on 74 etc then looming
4 of the 5 red Streetlites are barely ever out, esp the two door ones. Weird, they must be particularly unreliable

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk