News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 30, 2022, 05:08:43 PMToday was the last of the 1 & 1A. Kinda sad to see it go
Roaring success lol

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Westy on June 30, 2022, 06:56:38 PMAnd we're busless again down our road!

I never went on the 2 when it was a thing but wasn't the 1A just the 2 route or was the 2 have different areas to it

Jack

Quote from: Westy on June 30, 2022, 06:56:38 PMAnd we're busless again down our road!

I remember you saying you aren't a far walk off Bloxwich Road, so the all moaning you would do about Chaserider when you could just catch a 31/32 or X51 and do a short walk instead of having to moan about them. Honestly how much time do you have? 

Westy

Quote from: Jack on June 30, 2022, 08:14:51 PMI remember you saying you aren't a far walk off Bloxwich Road, so the all moaning you would do about Chaserider when you could just catch a 31/32 or X51 and do a short walk instead of having to moan about them. Honestly how much time do you have?
I can walk to Bloxwich Road,  it isn't a issue, as I'm able bodied.

The bus stop is right outside my stop.

It was convenient for me & other locals.

I made suggestions how the service could be improved,  but for whatever reason, no one was interested!

Quote from: Westy on June 30, 2022, 08:34:55 PMI can walk to Bloxwich Road,  it isn't a issue, as I'm able bodied.

The bus stop is right outside my stop.

It was convenient for me & other locals.

I made suggestions how the service could be improved,  but for whatever reason, no one was interested!
Well if you think it will return big profits and be viable, why don't you run it? Clearly chaserider couldn't make it viable hence why its been withdrawn.
And how many people across the county don't have a bus stop outside their front door, its a bus service not a personalised taxi. And on the Bloxwich Road you have a bus service every few minutes, how many places in the country have a far worse off service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: 2206 on June 30, 2022, 08:38:00 PMWell if you think it will return big profits and be viable, why don't you run it?
And how many people across the county don't have a bus stop outside their front door, its a bus service not a personalised taxi. And on the Bloxwich Road you have a bus service every few minutes, how many places in the country have a far worse off service.
It's been said 'Use it or lose it'! 

I was using it!

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 30, 2022, 07:29:03 PMI never went on the 2 when it was a thing but wasn't the 1A just the 2 route or was the 2 have different areas to it
The 2 served Longford at one time

Bob

Quote from: 2206 on June 30, 2022, 08:38:00 PMWell if you think it will return big profits and be viable, why don't you run it? Clearly chaserider couldn't make it viable hence why its been withdrawn.
Me, now a crappy hourly service in Longford, but with the massive reliability issues its gonna be a two hourly service at times as with others 😡 it was unreliable when it was half hourly. Whatll happen now is patronage will probably decline further unfortunately

One thing we've gotta hope for is the Government to pump more money into small bus company's to get the buses on the road & serving community's especially in rual areas like Cannock & Burntwood

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 30, 2022, 09:43:28 PMOne thing we've gotta hope for is the Government to pump more money into small bus company's to get the buses on the road & serving community's especially in rual areas like Cannock & Burntwood
Its a Tory Council with no interest in bus services. And a Tory govt who are pretty much about cuts lol

I just hope Labour come in to at least try and fix some things

I have no interest in Labour or polotics but no other party can ruin things as much as the Tories

ellspurs

I saw two service 1a Chaserider buses this morning on the a34 heading towards Walsall. One down by the TKMaxx place, the other by Yieldfields Farm, between about 0830 and 0900. 

solonightrider

Just move to Pye Green Bob :-), i see the 17 plate metro city was on today and the 'new' painted scania lol how predictable! while hoards old scrap solos are still killing the 60! think the 60 is on a managed decline. 

Quote from: solonightrider on July 01, 2022, 10:58:43 PMJust move to Pye Green Bob :-), i see the 17 plate metro city was on today and the 'new' painted scania lol how predictable! while hoards old scrap solos are still killing the 60! think the 60 is on a managed decline.
They've actually put it on the 74's today

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk