News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Untimetabled 'E' Workings

Started by John, October 09, 2013, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4495 - 94E Ward End. Left City Centre at 15:15.
Was displaying "94C", leaving City Centre, which is a withdrawn school service. So presumably 4495 need 94C removing from its display and 94E adding if its not on there.

Also 4485 picking up passengers from the bus in front at Ward End, as the bus infront had terminated short there. The person on the radio said the bus in front of 4485 was running 41 1/2 minutes late. 4485 was running 15 minutes late as well.
4 Gemini arrived in the City Centre together at about 16:20, one of which was 4485.

And I also heard the inspector on the Priory Queensway telling 7522 to terminate short at Saltley on the 55, while I was waiting for the bus.

The late running is due to the heavy congestion on Jennnens Road again. As again there was loads of buses at a standstill along the whole length of Jennens Road next to the empty bike lane.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

My mate was telling me that last night (5pm) it was taking "over an hour" for buses to turn around on The Priory Queensway and, instead of catching an X12/94 back to Smith's Wood, he ended up walking down to Moor Street Queensway and catching an X1 to the airport and then an X12 to Chelmsley where he then walked home.

Is this cycle lane the cause of all these traffic problems?

Earlier in the week, I did see 4 94s and a 55 pass me on the small stretch of Moorend Avenue that passes Meriden Park. They must've got stuck somewhere.

John

Quote from: ellspurs on October 10, 2020, 07:06:09 PM
My mate was telling me that last night (5pm) it was taking "over an hour" for buses to turn around on The Priory Queensway and, instead of catching an X12/94 back to Smith's Wood, he ended up walking down to Moor Street Queensway and catching an X1 to the airport and then an X12 to Chelmsley where he then walked home.

Is this cycle lane the cause of all these traffic problems?

Earlier in the week, I did see 4 94s and a 55 pass me on the small stretch of Moorend Avenue that passes Meriden Park. They must've got stuck somewhere.

The bike lane wasn't the cause of the problems last night. But it wouldn't have helped though. I believe it was the amount of traffic trying to use Park Street and Moor Street clogged everything up. Then people started using Dale End clogging up Old Square and Priory Queensway. Thats what I heard today anyway. Park Street really needs to be made bus only as its very dangerous as it is and get cars to uae the ring road instead of Moor Street as it will only get worse with people starting Christmas shopping soon

Steveminor

It was a fault with the timing of the traffic lights which has now been fixed

aSingh

Quote from: John on October 10, 2020, 08:40:55 PM
The bike lane wasn't the cause of the problems last night. But it wouldn't have helped though. I believe it was the amount of traffic trying to use Park Street and Moor Street clogged everything up. Then people started using Dale End clogging up Old Square and Priory Queensway. Thats what I heard today anyway. Park Street really needs to be made bus only as its very dangerous as it is and get cars to uae the ring road instead of Moor Street as it will only get worse with people starting Christmas shopping soon

A bus gate will installed on MSQ before the start of CAZ.
Singh

ellspurs

Quote from: aSingh on October 11, 2020, 12:32:13 PM
A bus gate will installed on MSQ before the start of CAZ.

When they put that bus gate in, will that mean all traffic to Moor Street car park will need to enter via Allison Street, or are they reprofiling the road to allow right turns off Park Street into the car park?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: ellspurs on October 11, 2020, 01:15:19 PM
When they put that bus gate in, will that mean all traffic to Moor Street car park will need to enter via Allison Street, or are they reprofiling the road to allow right turns off Park Street into the car park?
The big mistake was putting a public car park in the Bull Ring when it was rebuilt a few years ago, a missed opportunity to push for more use of public transport in the City Centre

aSingh

Quote from: ellspurs on October 11, 2020, 01:15:19 PM

A U turn by Moor Street Station.

Singh

Quote from: Steve3229vp on October 11, 2020, 01:40:39 PM
The big mistake was putting a public car park in the Bull Ring when it was rebuilt a few years ago, a missed opportunity to push for more use of public transport in the City Centre
Could something like that still be done? Have some of the Car Parks in the City Centre closed/cut down in size and the car park areas repurposed. And have routes that stop furthest away from the BullRing such as the 9, X8, etc stop a bit closer to it as that would probably push more people to use the bus as well I think.

Could also do the same in other areas such as Solihull, etc.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

4803 - 94E Ward End.
Presumably recovering from earlier delays in the City Centre when it came to a standstill.

As saw 5 94's running not far between each other going the other way towards City Centre while on 4805. Then 4 55's together and a 94 and another 55 not far behind.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Saw 4812 on a 94E to Ward End at about 14:50 by the Fire Station/Park.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

25E Oxley PART ROUTE just spotted in Willenhall.

45xx Trident I think.

mesub

1936 - 89E to Summerfield Park
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

BNH2004

2019 - 15E Wombourne PART ROUTE

mesub

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University