News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

A34 and A45 Sprint routes will run 'cross-city'

Started by Stu, February 07, 2020, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Tony on February 10, 2020, 08:11:47 PM
You asked this question

"I suppose these passes and tickets would no longer be valid, and fares will increase for these passengers?"

I asked

"Why would it be any different to now?"

Why go into aggressive mode
They're not valid on the tram I don't think, which suggested they won't be valid on the sprint service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on February 10, 2020, 08:13:23 PM
They're not valid on the tram I don't think, which suggested they won't be valid on the sprint service.

Why don't you wait until to the things built first, instead of trying to second guess everything.....

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on February 10, 2020, 08:13:23 PM
The Metro did allow them when National Express was operating it. If the Sprint is operated by National Express then it most likely will.

Quote from: Busboy105 on February 10, 2020, 08:20:55 PM
The Metro did allow them when National Express was operating it. If the Sprint is operated by National Express then it most likely will.
Think your referring to the, bus+tram tickets which are a separate type of ticket.
bus is £61.00 a month.
bus+tram is £80.20 a month.
So I would hope there isn't a massive spike in fares for passengers on the A45 corridor when this sprint route starts.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on February 10, 2020, 08:20:55 PM

Not bus only.

Very little changed when the tram changed from NX to TfWM.

Stu

Quote from: Stu on February 10, 2020, 07:49:27 PM
This Sprint route could well be the end of those services then, as they would surely be direct replacements along those corridors. There would of course still be a need for the likes of the 33, 51 and 60, as well as a possible new Coventry to Airport via Meriden service.

@2206 please read what I said again (I have highlighted key phrases to point out that I am merely speculating)

Working on the assumption that National Express West Midlands is this 'mystery operator' that the WMCA keep mentioning, it is probably a fair bet to assume that they would already be thinking of some kind of 'multi-modal' pass/ticket to encourage passengers to make use of both the Sprint and 'regular' bus services they operate.

NX no longer operate the tram service, so their tickets are no longer valid on the trams as they used to be. And rightly so.

But if they are going to operate the Sprint services, it is surely in their best interests to make sure that as many of their paying customers can benefit as possible.

Its early days yet still, so lets not rush to conclusions.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk