News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Undoubtedly as Diamond on the 301 are praised on their customer service. Quite how you will ever match customer service as long as there are assault screens though. I am aware of the fact NX buses need assault screens...

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on May 24, 2014, 05:39:36 PM
Quote from: lynx1103 on May 24, 2014, 05:36:23 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 24, 2014, 05:05:44 PM
Probably explains a bit further about these blue issue:

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/driving-mavericks-make-bus-top-gun-

No this is Seperate regarding blue ties

Passenger champion is a bid to drive more revenue onto NXWM from
Diamond routes.

Are NX turning up the heat on Diamond again?

NX can turn the heat up as much as they want, but diamond won't melt! (chemistry joke)

winston

Quote from: Matt on May 24, 2014, 05:48:59 PM

Diamond routes.

NX can turn the heat up as much as they want, but diamond won't melt! (chemistry joke)

I wonder if Diamond's recently launched 'Value' tickets & other ticket promotions have had an effect on NX passenger numbers?

PM

Diamond routes.

Haha classic humour from someone doing GCSE's no doubt ;)

I also wonder, Winston, and also the real increase in quality on there as well with the DP b7rle's.

Mike K

Diamond routes.

Apart from different colour hi viz vests, have these drivers undergone any additional customer care training or anything like that? Are they required to do things like smile / acknowledge the passengers existence or things like that? (Yes I know some bus passengers don't deserve such courtesy).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on May 24, 2014, 06:07:02 PM

Diamond routes.

Apart from different colour hi viz vests, have these drivers undergone any additional customer care training or anything like that? Are they required to do things like smile / acknowledge the passengers existence or things like that? (Yes I know some bus passengers don't deserve such courtesy).

Who's side are you on Mick?! Grrr....

[ ;) ]
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 24, 2014, 07:32:34 PM

Diamond routes.

[ ;) ]

All very tongue in cheek LS, as you know. I'm not sure I'd acknowledge some of the creatures that infest our public transport if I were a driver.

But it'll take more than blue hi viz vests to beat Diamond.

Westy

Quote from: Winston on May 24, 2014, 05:51:58 PM

Diamond routes.

I wonder if Diamond's recently launched 'Value' tickets & other ticket promotions have had an effect on NX passenger numbers?

Surely it depends on where else the passenger is going onto?

If you're only going as far as Walsall, & you're not locked into a particular operator with a travel pass, then you catch the first operator that comes, unless you need a return ticket for some reason.

If you're going further than Walsall, Birmingham or in my case Wednesbury, there's no competing route, so you're stuck with NX whether you like it or not, so you have to have their day ticket/travel pass.

(Mind you, for reasons mentioned elsewhere, I will start coming home via Great Bridge & West Bromwich, if I don't get a lift, as the evening peak that way seems more reliable than via Wednesbury!)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on May 24, 2014, 08:53:58 PM

Diamond routes.

[ ;) ]

All very tongue in cheek LS, as you know. I'm not sure I'd acknowledge some of the creatures that infest our public transport if I were a driver.

Oh, I know indeed Mike! I don't know how you'd supposed to give good service to some of the animals on board mate, I know I didn't! Although, 20 inch arms tended to get instant respect so it might explain why I didn't get much hassle ;)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Mike K on May 24, 2014, 08:53:58 PM

Diamond routes.

[ ;) ]

They'll need an MPD to go with those blue vests...... :P

lynx1103

On 301 day returns are

NXWM £3.20 day return
Diamond £2.50 day return

If use the bus 2-3 times a week diamond more likely to apeal

PM

Quote from: lynx1103 on May 24, 2014, 10:12:08 PM
On 301 day returns are

NXWM £3.20 day return
Diamond £2.50 day return

If use the bus 2-3 times a week diamond more likely to apeal

Plus a £25 month ticket and links to West Brom, Halesowen, Great Bridge, Tipton and Bilston. Birmingham-bound services are Diamond's weak point.

notepanel

Some interesting running board changes to note over at WA from next week are listed below...

* Board W41/07, which currently operates the 705 service before going on to the 40/41 (including late night 40Es), will now operate a full length 997 and then a short X51 (Birmingham-Scott Arms) prior to following its original board. I'm unsure if this will likely be Enviro operated as a result.
* The 0924 302 service ex Walsall will now come off the X51 (having previously operated two round trips). Again, this is likely to be Gemini or Enviro operated.
* The PM X56 service will now be operated by a bus that has come off service 10/A (board 10/07). This will then operate an X51 (1655 ex Walsall) into Birmingham before operating the X56.
* Board 336/01 will no longer operate the round trip on the 6. It will return straight to depot after completing the 335.  Evening journeys on the 6 & 10 will all be operated by previous all day 6/10 boards.

Westy

Quote from: notepanel on June 03, 2014, 07:20:01 PM
Some interesting running board changes to note over at WA from next week are listed below...

* Board W41/07, which currently operates the 705 service before going on to the 40/41 (including late night 40Es), will now operate a full length 997 and then a short X51 (Birmingham-Scott Arms) prior to following its original board. I'm unsure if this will likely be Enviro operated as a result.
* The 0924 302 service ex Walsall will now come off the X51 (having previously operated two round trips). Again, this is likely to be Gemini or Enviro operated.
* The PM X56 service will now be operated by a bus that has come off service 10/A (board 10/07). This will then operate an X51 (1655 ex Walsall) into Birmingham before operating the X56.
* Board 336/01 will no longer operate the round trip on the 6. It will return straight to depot after completing the 335.  Evening journeys on the 6 & 10 will all be operated by previous all day 6/10 boards.

Are we still getting that B6 on the 301 that comes off the Alumwell route?

lynx1103

1453 out today on 69

1130 Walsall

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk