News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Quote from: Westy on August 21, 2015, 05:08:07 PM
Why do they move them off one route to another?

The driver who was taking over 1421 on the 4 complained, I quote, "I don't want to drive this fucking shit bus to Merry Hill. I'm phoning the garage!" She managed to get 1844 off the 39. That's why 1421 got put on the 39.

Trident 4194

Quote from: P419 EJW on August 21, 2015, 05:13:43 PM
The driver who was taking over 1421 on the 4 complained, I quote, "I don't want to drive this fucking shit bus to Merry Hill. I'm phoning the garage!" She managed to get 1844 off the 39. That's why 1421 got put on the 39.

Is she insane?

Westy

Do hope it wasnt my friend who does the Dudley rota?

I know she sometimes goes on the 4's.

Westy

1475 on 301 in Walsall Bus Station by the way.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: P419 EJW on August 21, 2015, 05:13:43 PM

Whoever was at the garage should have told her that she drives what she is given, and if she don't like it, then she be given directions to the nearest Jobcentre.

If there is nothing wrong with the bus, there is no reason to get it swapped.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liberator9

Well perhaps 1421 is a bit of a shed to drive. If she's got a few hours in the same bus she deserves a good one. 1844 would have a far better cab environment in comparison and smoother to drive as well. Can't have been any problem considering the garage were clearly willing to swap the bus - if you ask me that's quite good listening to the drivers. Rather have a driver happy and comfortable with the bus at the wheel than someone who hates it.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 21, 2015, 05:44:50 PM
Well perhaps 1421 is a bit of a shed to drive. If she's got a few hours in the same bus she deserves a good one. 1844 would have a far better cab environment in comparison and smoother to drive as well. Can't have been any problem considering the garage were clearly willing to swap the bus - if you ask me that's quite good listening to the drivers. Rather have a driver happy and comfortable with the bus at the wheel than someone who hates it.

What about the driver of the 39 though? Maybe he prefers b10s?

the trainbasher

1759 is on the 4M just coming into merry hill

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 21, 2015, 05:44:50 PM

Oh, for Gods sake, I can't stand these kind of posts. 1421 is not a shed! I have been told by a number of Walsall bus drivers that 1421 is a nice bus to drive and she certainly has the power. I know I shouldn't say this but a bus is a bus. You should drive the bus regardless if you like the bus or not. The driver on the 39 was a bit reluctant to drive 1421 but he still drove it. So the attitude from the driver who was taking over on the 4 was disgusting. That driver chose the job to drive buses, she should accept buses what have been allocated.

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 21, 2015, 05:29:00 PM
Whoever was at the garage should have told her that she drives what she is given, and if she don't like it, then she be given directions to the nearest Jobcentre.

If there is nothing wrong with the bus, there is no reason to get it swapped.

Exactly!

monkeyjoe

Saw more arriving down the m6 this morning

arrifirststage

Quote from: P419 EJW on August 21, 2015, 05:55:00 PM
Oh, for Gods sake, I can't stand these kind of posts. 1421 is not a shed! I have been told by a number of Walsall bus drivers that 1421 is a nice bus to drive and she certainly has the power. I know I shouldn't say this but a bus is a bus. You should drive the bus regardless if you like the bus or not. The driver on the 39 was a bit reluctant to drive 1421 but he still drove it. So the attitude from the driver who was taking over on the 4 was disgusting. That driver chose the job to drive buses, she should accept buses what have been allocated.

Exactly!
My impression ,if this quote is correct,is that her vocabulary is at the very least limited,and had anyone had to listen to it it is nothing less than depressing.
Is this really the level to which we have sunk?

BU07 LGO

Quote from: arrifirststage on August 21, 2015, 07:10:02 PM
My impression ,if this quote is correct,is that her vocabulary is at the very least limited,and had anyone had to listen to it it is nothing less than depressing.
Is this really the level to which we have sunk?

ive heard a driver complaining he didn't want a b10 because they don't have cctv tp protect them

P419 EJW

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 21, 2015, 07:23:21 PM
ive heard a driver complaining he didn't want a b10 because they don't have cctv tp protect them

Yes, I also know a certain driver who has the same opinion every time when a non-CCTV fitted B10L goes on the 89 on 41/01 board. She accepts 1436 and 1446 but not 1421, 1447 or 1475. That is perfectly understandable but what the driver said about 1421 today was just unnecessary.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: P419 EJW on August 21, 2015, 07:25:40 PM
Yes, I also know a certain driver who has the same opinion every time when a non-CCTV fitted B10L goes on the 89 on 41/01 board. She accepts 1436 and 1446 but not 1421, 1447 or 1475. That is perfectly understandable but what the driver said about 1421 today was just unnecessary.

If they can refuse to drive a certain type I might refuse every time I get a mk2 enviro haha

Liberator9

Well perhaps she just isn't used to B10Ls, and wasn't comfortable driving one. Don't forget could be the amount of rattling she didn't want to put up with, suspension, driver's seat etc. If another driver agreed to swap, then can't really see an issue. I like B10Ls as an enthusiast, but she is more likely not one and just wants a decent all round bus.

@BU07 LGO

haha sounds like a good idea

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk