News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 08, 2019, 09:39:54 AM
Anywhere that has them.

And will this be done before the changes do you think?]

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on June 08, 2019, 10:09:11 AM
And will this be done before the changes do you think?]

I doubt it unfortunately.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on June 08, 2019, 09:45:43 AM
@Simon@Arriva are there any plans for a Telford network change anytime soon?

There may be some minor changes later in the year but not a full network change.

BusMan Greg

I heard a rumour that the 62 might be getting withdrawn due to a problem with the current proposed route at Cannock wood. Is this true?

leepenfold30

Is Tamworth Depot doing TZ2 Twycross Zoo route from next month Simon

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: BusMan Greg on June 10, 2019, 06:44:31 PM
I heard a rumour that the 62 might be getting withdrawn due to a problem with the current proposed route at Cannock wood. Is this true?

The new 62 is not being withdrawn - it has not started yet.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: leepenfold30 on June 10, 2019, 06:57:31 PM
Is Tamworth Depot doing TZ2 Twycross Zoo route from next month Simon

No, one of the Leicester depots are doing it after it has done a Leicester to Drayton Manor service.

Michael Bevan

Hi @Simon@Arriva. I took a ride on 2496 earlier on the 25 at 13:30 from Aldridge to Kingstanding, and I just want to compliment the driver who was very nice and friendly. Anyway with the 25 changing operators to Diamond as of next week, I'm just wondering if the Sprinters will be moving from Cannock?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 11, 2019, 03:56:41 PM
Hi @Simon@Arriva. I took a ride on 2496 earlier on the 25 at 13:30 from Aldridge to Kingstanding, and I just want to compliment the driver who was very nice and friendly. Anyway with the 25 changing operators to Diamond as of next week, I'm just wondering if the Sprinters will be moving from Cannock?

Thank you very much - I will make sure that is passed on.

The Sprinters are leaving Cannock and going to Hinckley to replace the ones they have there - those are then going back to Arriva Southern Counties.

Simon@Arriva

The new 62 will be amended from 29th June so that it operates to/from Sankeys Corner.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 13, 2019, 02:52:56 PM
The new 62 will be amended from 29th June so that it operates to/from Sankeys Corner.
What influenced arriva to make that decision, although I ain't complaining this idea is 10 times better than the original plan

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 13, 2019, 02:52:00 PM
Thank you very much - I will make sure that is passed on.

The Sprinters are leaving Cannock and going to Hinckley to replace the ones they have there - those are then going back to Arriva Southern Counties.

Have you had much feedback about the Sprinters?

I tried one on the 25 not long after you took it over, from Bloxwich, but had to get off at Pelsall, as the speed humps around the Leamore area didnt half give my back gyp!

Dont remember the other operators on the route having similar issues.

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva I'm now stranded in Bloxwich because the number 2E left the high street (which is a timing point I believe) 3 minutes early. 3 minutes doesn't sound much but when it's the last bus of the night with no alternative 🤔 Got to ring family to get a lift.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

There might be a bit of reeducation needed for both passengers & drivers on routes crossing from Staffs into Wm.

Case in point, the number 1 Ive just caught from Walsall, the driver had to advise 2 female passengers that their Stafford / Cannock tickets were not valid from Walsall & they should have had a Midlands one instead!

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 13, 2019, 08:44:12 PM
@Simon@Arriva I'm now stranded in Bloxwich because the number 2E left the high street (which is a timing point I believe) 3 minutes early. 3 minutes doesn't sound much but when it's the last bus of the night with no alternative 🤔 Got to ring family to get a lift.
Hi Lee.

Sorry to read this.  I have asked the depot manager to investigate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk