News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

April tenders

Started by Tony, February 07, 2017, 10:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Jack

Quote from: Solo1 on February 08, 2017, 08:36:40 AM
if  claribelll  has won the 424 will the solo Sr's that igo have on there move to claribelll
I doubt it. They'll probably be rebranded and be upgrade to another Igo route.

Trident 4194

Is there a minimum requirement for buses used on tendered routes? I don't understand why Igo upgraded a tendered route, when surely you would want to upgrade a commercial route.

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 08, 2017, 05:16:35 PM
Is there a minimum requirement for buses used on tendered routes? I don't understand why Igo upgraded a tendered route, when surely you would want to upgrade a commercial route.

Solihull Signature routes are mostly tendered routes (or they were when Central Connect first came in). They upgraded it all to brand new Solos and Versas.

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 08, 2017, 05:16:35 PM

Quote from: MW on February 08, 2017, 05:20:27 PM
Solihull Signature routes are mostly tendered routes (or they were when Central Connect first came in). They upgraded it all to brand new Solos and Versas.

My understanding is that as part of the contract specifications, 'high-spec' vehicles were to be used for the new (at the time) Signature services. Other routes may have specific requirements, depending on the contract specification.

Quote from: Solo1 on February 08, 2017, 08:36:40 AM
if  claribelll  has won the 424 will the solo Sr's that igo have on there move to claribelll

Only if Claribels buy them, as they're owned (or leased) by igo.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Pete50492

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2017, 10:39:40 PM
The April Tender winners were told today

Some interesting ones
Expect to see Claribels buying some more vehicles and running in places they don't currently.
I believe Diamond have won all the Black Country tenders currently run by Arriva that were due for renewal
No surprises with Diamond.....I seem to recall that last April when Arriva announced they had sold Burton operations to Midland Classic that there was an article in the local press about Diamond having bought land adjacent to Tividale garage to provide extra capacity. Appears then that this was the intention - to move into Arriva's Wednesfield operations.

Pete50492

Quote from: Winston on February 07, 2017, 11:26:23 PM
We now await the announcement that Arriva will be closing Wednesfield depot............

Yep, surely it's been inevitable for some time given the persistent downgrades here since the contracts were taken on. Newest buses now around 13 years old.....more sheds than B & Q!!

winston

Quote from: Pete50492 on February 08, 2017, 08:22:26 PM
No surprises with Diamond.....I seem to recall that last April when Arriva announced they had sold Burton operations to Midland Classic that there was an article in the local press about Diamond having bought land adjacent to Tividale garage to provide extra capacity. Appears then that this was the intention - to move into Arriva's Wednesfield operations.

Rotala are looking to grow Diamond in the West Midlands & obviously the new Land when redeveloped will give them plenty of additional capacity. Tividale depot also doubles up as group HQ following the closure of Long Acre. Etc. Obviously securing new tendered work & introducing new commercial routes will help fill the new depot.

There's been rumours of Arriva closing Wednesfield & potentially selling Cannock for some time.... I don't see how Wednesfield will be viable to remain open now Diamond have won a large chunk of the tenders operated by that depot

Has nayone heard how many & what routes Diamond have won?

Tony

Quote from: Winston on February 08, 2017, 09:09:28 PM
Rotala are looking to grow Diamond in the West Midlands & obviously the new Land when redeveloped will give them plenty of additional capacity. Tividale depot also doubles up as group HQ following the closure of Long Acre. Etc. Obviously securing new tendered work & introducing new commercial routes will help fill the new depot.

There's been rumours of Arriva closing Wednesfield & potentially selling Cannock for some time.... I don't see how Wednesfield will be viable to remain open now Diamond have won a large chunk of the tenders operated by that depot

Has nayone heard how many & what routes Diamond have won?

The comment I was told was 'All of the routes currently run by Arriva which expire in April' Diamond put in a package bid for the whole lot as one tender which TfWM have accepted

winston

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2017, 07:36:29 PM
The comment I was told was 'All of the routes currently run by Arriva which expire in April' Diamond put in a package bid for the whole lot as one tender which TfWM have accepted

The 604 was an Arriva one which Claribels have won

Tony

Quote from: Winston on February 09, 2017, 07:53:48 PM
The 604 was an Arriva one which Claribels have won

All of the Black Country routes

winston

Solo1

How many extra  buses will this mean for diamond with the contract wins

j789

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2017, 07:36:29 PM

Such 'package' deals suggests to me then that profit margins will be tight on these services as the bids must have been fairly low to get them.  I doubt brand new buses would be used, more likely more second hand buses.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: j789 on February 09, 2017, 09:26:58 PM
Such 'package' deals suggests to me then that profit margins will be tight on these services as the bids must have been fairly low to get them.  I doubt brand new buses would be used, more likely more second hand buses.

Purchased from Arriva perhaps?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk