News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

April tenders

Started by Tony, February 07, 2017, 10:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Chris on February 11, 2017, 11:20:36 AM
@Bob there is no confirmation wednesfield is closing, even if a new operator takes it on no doubt you will moan about them... the likely hood is Diamond offered a better deal for the April tenders than Arriva.

Maybe not, but the Arriva camp have also gone amazingly quiet on the subject.

Bob

Yea there's no confirmation but it pretty much stands to reason.

Busman Jamie

If Wednesfield Shuts I reckon the cadets will move to Cannock and the remaining pulsars will move on elsewhere

Bob

Yea the pulsars am falling in number.  Cadets great lol they break down more than any other type at cannock especially ex London 1s so they can add to the sliding quality image lol

PM

Quote from: Chris on February 11, 2017, 11:20:36 AM
@Bob there is no confirmation wednesfield is closing, even if a new operator takes it on no doubt you will moan about them... the likely hood is Diamond offered a better deal for the April tenders than Arriva.

The likelihood is that they didn't even bid, like the last round!

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 11, 2017, 06:01:28 PM
The likelihood is that they didn't even bid, like the last round!

By losing all those Centro tenders it gives Arriva the perfect excuse to close Wednesfield & exit the West Midlands

Bob

Hopefully they'll do one from Cannock soon after. 3.70 to go one way to Stafford on a decrepit Dart ffs lol

Adam 404

Quote from: Winston on February 11, 2017, 06:19:20 PM
By losing all those Centro tenders it gives Arriva the perfect excuse to close Wednesfield & exit the West Midlands
Don't forget the 70 / 71 / 110!

Is Arriva keeping the 35 (Walsall to Lichfield) - presuming that it is ran by Wednesfield, or is someone else going to operate it?

Busman Jamie

35 is a Wednesfield route,insure as to weather it's tendered or not, would imagine if arriva keep it and Wednesfield did shut, Cannock would work it with a 61 or 62

karl724223

But miffed  diamond get badly slated and warned about everything they do  yet tfwm award everything to diamond

Solo1

Wonder if they is any more services up for tender apart from what's posted on here

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Nathan on February 11, 2017, 12:41:34 PM
I'm led to believe the 12, 13 & 17 are amongst the routes that were up for re tender. The 19 has been operated by Diamond since Arriva finished on there in October.

Arriva still operate the 19 on a Sunday and Bank Holiday.

j789

Quote from: karl724223 on February 11, 2017, 06:39:01 PM
But miffed  diamond get badly slated and warned about everything they do  yet tfwm award everything to diamond

I have a similar view too. However, I guess money talks so if they offered it as a cheap package deal to tfwm all the other stuff gets forgotten about it seems.
As I said in a previous post though, cheap deals does not exactly make you think of quality just cost cutting at every opportunity.

Trident 4194

Quote from: j789 on February 11, 2017, 08:17:20 PM
I have a similar view too. However, I guess money talks so if they offered it as a cheap package deal to tfwm all the other stuff gets forgotten about it seems.
As I said in a previous post though, cheap deals does not exactly make you think of quality just cost cutting at every opportunity.

The fact they are tendered though suggests few passengers actually use otherwise you would commercially operate??? Why does it have to be quality? Gets you from A to B that's all that matters.

karl724223

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 11, 2017, 08:20:07 PM
The fact they are tendered though suggests few passengers actually use otherwise you would commercially operate??? Why does it have to be quality? Gets you from A to B that's all that matters.
but there not getting passengers from A to B ask kiddiminster passengers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk