News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

April tenders

Started by Tony, February 07, 2017, 10:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

The April Tender winners were told today

Some interesting ones
Expect to see Claribels buying some more vehicles and running in places they don't currently.
I believe Diamond have won all the Black Country tenders currently run by Arriva that were due for renewal

the trainbasher

A FOI Request has been sent to WMCA regarding the tenders, which will get linked here in due course.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2017, 10:39:40 PM

Some interesting ones
Expect to see Claribels buying some more vehicles and running in places they don't currently.
I believe Diamond have won all the Black Country tenders currently run by Arriva that were due for renewal

Go claribels, sunday service for the 94 too turn up the competition

Ashley 60171

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 07, 2017, 11:02:15 PM

Competition for NXWM or Uber?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 07, 2017, 11:02:15 PM

Would a Sunday service on the 94 operated by Claribels really be part of the April Tenders?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2017, 10:39:40 PM

Some interesting ones

We now await the announcement that Arriva will be closing Wednesfield depot............

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on February 07, 2017, 11:26:23 PM
We now await the announcement that Arriva will be closing Wednesfield depot............

Probably sell it to Claribels!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 07, 2017, 11:17:38 PM
Would a Sunday service on the 94 operated by Claribels really be part of the April Tenders?

No I was making a point that this could lead to them branching out in terms of their core routes/times etc.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 07, 2017, 10:45:41 PM
A FOI Request has been sent to WMCA regarding the tenders, which will get linked here in due course.

Why waste time and money of WMCA when it's something released into the public domain anyway?

Tony

I believe Claribels have won the 424, 606, 34 & S16

Solo1

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2017, 08:21:09 AM
I believe Claribels have won the 424, 606, 34 & S16
if  claribelll  has won the 424 will the solo Sr's that igo have on there move to claribelll

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2017, 08:13:50 AM
Why waste time and money of WMCA when it's something released into the public domain anyway?

1) it's called holding public bodies to account to what they spend our council tax money on
2) They didn't publish it for the last tender round in October, until a similar FOI was made.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 08, 2017, 09:20:17 AM
1) it's called holding public bodies to account to what they spend our council tax money on

More like wasting public money & time.

They tell you who won the tenders by publishing them in the service changes.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2017, 09:33:58 AM
They tell you who won the tenders by publishing them in the service changes.

But not in the form of the statutory outcome of tenders, until the recent redesign of the website for the general public, and a FOI for on here

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk