News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Proposed East Birmingham and North Solihull Service Changes.

Started by 2206, June 30, 2016, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

I've heard their is going to be some exciting news for East Brum passengers soon, wonder if this will restore my faith in fair allocation of resources by nxwm.

Gareth

I'm still just waiting to hear what the bus stop changes in the city centre are in February. East Brum is very smart at the moment. The buses may not be new, but they are refurbished and clean.

monkeyjoe

I'll judge for myself this weekend. Might be moving back pretty soon.

Gareth

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 19, 2017, 10:22:37 PM
I'll judge for myself this weekend. Might be moving back pretty soon.

The 14, 56, 70 and 94 are regularly refurbished buses in new livery, the 72 have new(ish) buses, the 28 Is fully refurbished buses. The 8 and 55 are run by Bordesley which still has the smartest fleet in the company.

Whilst Clairbels (who I actually like) still run early, fail to pick up passengers at certain stops and I think there's still one bus that's been running with a chipped windscreen for months.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

don

Quote from: 2206 on February 01, 2017, 10:12:47 PM
Just seen this. NX have said on Facebook the proposed changes are under review and due to be implented in Spring 2017.
https://www.facebook.com/nxwestmidlands/posts/1409780039067026?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

Did you guys see there was a Parliamentary question raised to the Minister in Parliament yesterday concerning bus services in Solihull. Changes to bus stops at Olton Station on 37 was mentioned and NXWM was congratulated on its ability to listen to concerns and indeed respond to them on the 31 route. Diamond was absolutely slated over changes to the S11, suggesting they had carried out surveys at lower usage periods and was also alleged to have failed to reply to ten letters from the MP. The Minister agreed to write to Diamond's parent company (he said NXWM - either he was seriously confused or seriously badly briefed!!). The main concerns raised were that bus companies often fail to take into account the needs of mobility impaired in re-routings and bus stop relocation, rendering services less accessible to the elderly especially.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2206 on February 01, 2017, 10:12:47 PM
Just seen this. NX have said on Facebook the proposed changes are under review and due to be implented in Spring 2017.
https://www.facebook.com/nxwestmidlands/posts/1409780039067026?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

Well should be pretty significant if it's taken this long to pull together, resource been put into ex lea hall patch finally.

iansdavies

wouldnt it be a good idea to re introduce the  26 city to bromford operating at 20 minutes service and re route the 38 operating via erdington to bromford operating a 30 minutes service serving chipperfield road

monkeyjoe

I think the point of the 72 was to give bromford better employment opportunities and transport links i.e. Land Rover connections from c wood to airport. High unemployment so better transport as part of strategy to improve job ops etc, must be some subsidy in their somewhere. I know the area lived there as a kid. Bringing back the 26 just to bromford would curtail all that.

38 to erdington they tried that with an extension of the 377 and a competitor 25 didn't last long.

iansdavies

i remember the 377 and 25 obviously they didnt work out so the 72 makes up for that , if they reroute the 72 around shard end there would be better links to JLR and solihull for those residents which is good idea  ;D

Kevin

From BC garage thread

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 12, 2017, 08:37:10 AM
The current 97 is funded by Resorts world and not the airport I didn't realise. Random fact for the day.

Mentions in the same sentence that the 97 WILL be replaced by a 24 hour 966 service in September
So...
A) they know something about these changes that everyone's been waiting half a year for already
B) they know it's going to happen in September, still over another half year away
C) no mention of 966 no longer running to Solihull
D) route will have had the Platinum buses for about a year by then and changing it will almost definitely piss some users off by taking it away from them
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

The report is from last year, when the changes should have happened last September now spring this year.

Kevin

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 12, 2017, 12:03:33 PM
The report is from last year, when the changes should have happened last September now spring this year.
Touchée

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on February 12, 2017, 11:54:33 AM
From BC garage thread

Mentions in the same sentence that the 97 WILL be replaced by a 24 hour 966 service in September
So...
A) they know something about these changes that everyone's been waiting half a year for already
B) they know it's going to happen in September, still over another half year away
C) no mention of 966 no longer running to Solihull
D) route will have had the Platinum buses for about a year by then and changing it will almost definitely piss some users off by taking it away from them

That document is dated July 2016, so the September being referred to is last September.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: Stu on February 12, 2017, 12:07:34 PM
That document is dated July 2016, so the September being referred to is last September.

So.
According to that the 97 was funded by Resorts world until September
What now? Not funded? Commercial success?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk