News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

2014 Fare Structure

Started by 4Q, December 02, 2013, 03:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 14, 2013, 06:55:28 PM
I'd keep the £2 fares as well as easy to remember and in terms of cash. I'm currently very pleased with NXWM; the buses are in a better condition than ever before, on time 95% of the time on the routes I use them on and most of the drivers are polite and good drivers. They're investing in new buses as well although I would like to see the back of the Tridents as I can't stand the plastic sheds. Considering the system though made £34.1 million profit back in 2012 I understand why some may become annoyed at the price rise and that this is more than enough of a profit to be sustainable for the future. 10p more isn't much but it's the whole notion of the fares going up that annoys people. The fare structure is good value for longer journeys; and the (not necessarily connected) network daytripper for the bus, train and metro I used today cost only £6. This is excellent as it got me from Dorridge to Wolverhampton on the train and metro, plus 6 bus journeys. However short journeys are a rip off; I live on a blue Diamond route and it costs £3.40 return to get just from near Dorridge to Solihull, a short 10 minute journey. This has put my mother off and is now using the car to get there as it's cheaper. I'd advocate a more variable price structure such as Stagecoach but the only problem is that boarding times are much slower.

yes think NE missed out on a PR coup there, keep the maximum fare at £2, but withdraw the short/city hop fares. I would love to see how much the short hop/city hop fares are used and what the level of abuse is?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nx4737

Quote from: domino.99 on December 14, 2013, 05:36:16 PM
So as always NXWM continue to rip us all off by raising the fares again
here are some key bits of info:
ADULT MAX £2.10
CHILD MAX £1.05
ADULT DAYSAVER £4.00
CHILD DAYSAVER £2.00
CHILD REGIONAL WEEK (bus pass) £8.00
Cant remember any others and cba to look lol

What? I don't see how a maximum single fair of £2.10 is a rip off, NXWM are actually one of the cheaper operators!

Perhaps do a little research into other operators such as Arriva, First and Stagecoach before jumping to the conclusion that NX are 'ripping us off'.

nitromatt1

When I went on holiday to Cumbria, a Stagecoach Dayrider covering Cumbria and Lancashire was £7.00 child rate, and I think £10.50 adult rate. Also bear in mind that this allowed use of Stagecoach services only, and most services had a frequency of 1/2 hours.

I got a better deal in Wales though, a "West Wales Rover" day ticket cost me just £3 and allowed use of all operators' services across a large area (mostly Silcox and First). I think the adult rate was £5.

In Worcestershire, a First Wyvern Day ticket valid on all First services in Worcestershire and the 144 to Birmingham is £4 child rate and £6 adult.

My point? We cannot really moan about such small fare increases when we continue to enjoy some of the best value and most frequent services in the country.

vinh1000

Its like Diamond in Redditch £1.50 for  value day saver but £6 for a county connect a

The 12 in Cov is good value as a £3.80 daysaver means u can easily go from Coventry to Leamington Spa cheaper than the stagecoach equivalent
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Sh4318

Makes a glad I have a bus/train pass and don't have to worry about ticket prices. The prices of passes will probably be up next year too mind
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

nitromatt1

Quote from: Sh4166 on December 15, 2013, 12:43:11 AM
Makes a glad I have a bus/train pass and don't have to worry about ticket prices. The prices of passes will probably be up next year too mind

Are nBus week/month pass prices changing this January?

Sh4318

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 15, 2013, 12:44:59 AM

I would imagine so, yeah
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 15, 2013, 12:44:59 AM

Doesn't look like it:

On  a side note, received my new pass in the post from NXWM yesterday, and it looks like they've acted quickly, in the last couple of years the direct debit price hasn't increased until February, but this year looks like I'm paying the increase from 2nd January, as it shows £51.  :-\
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

vinh1000

Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk