News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

2014 Fare Structure

Started by 4Q, December 02, 2013, 03:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob H

Quote from: Trident 4609 on December 09, 2013, 09:59:28 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 09, 2013, 09:54:05 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on December 09, 2013, 09:48:40 PM
I have noticed that have started removing the £3.90 daysaver advertising from B7RLE's and Omnilinks presumably down do fare increases in January

I just saw a B7RLE from my window going past on the 241 without the £3.90 ad.

Well most B7RLE's at WN have had them removed but I have seen some B7RLE's at PN with it removed too

Most if not all of BY's Omnilinks have lost the £3.90 ads aswell and some of AG's B7RLE's have too I think 2107 is one of them :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

vinh1000

Is it gonna be £4 now for Daysaver and £4.30 nBus respectively I wonder?
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 09, 2013, 10:02:16 PM
BC fare tables on the cab doors are being withdrawn. Or it might've been a one off? 4324.

4828 has lost its cab door fare table

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 09, 2013, 10:06:07 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 09, 2013, 10:02:16 PM
BC fare tables on the cab doors are being withdrawn. Or it might've been a one off? 4324.

4828 has lost its cab door fare table

Think 4828 was already without a fare table on the cab iirc. 2064 and 4561 are also without fare tables (Been like this for months now)

JPC

The Black Country and Coventry nBus Swift Smart Card direct debits increase £2.00 per month.
(source: here and here)

notepanel

A single fare going up to £2.10 according to the Express & Star

The comments underneath have quite a few people in support (I think the recent news articles on Government cuts may have been useful!), my favourite quote so far is:

Ryan Pitt  @Ryatagarasu 
@nxwestmidlands @ExpressandStar Fare increase because of £14.6m cuts is realistic. Yet people can spend around £3 on a drink at Starbucks?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

If it had been me, i would have altered prices as follows:-

Adult Maximum fare   - £2
Adult Short Hop         - Abolished
Birmingham City Hop - Abolished
Day Return (available
all routes)                  - £3.30
Daysaver                   - £4.20
Child Single Fare        - £1.30
Child Daysaver           - £3
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Day Return would get abused, unless the driver withdraws a part of the ticket?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 13, 2013, 05:53:24 PM

Maybe the driver could take the ticket off the customer and issue a zero fare ticket saying "RETURN TKT RETURN HALF" for the journey so that they have a valid ticket to finish the journey.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 13, 2013, 06:06:29 PM

Maybe the driver could take the ticket off the customer and issue a zero fare ticket saying "RETURN TKT RETURN HALF" for the journey so that they have a valid ticket to finish the journey.

Other alternatives are stamping the ticket, or holepunching it, when boarding on the return journey

Trident 4609

The drivers on WN 59 take the ticket, Tear it down the middle then they keep half of the ticket then the other half is given back to the passenger so they can't use it as a daysaver

nitromatt1

Personally I can't wait until Swift (or equivalent) becomes the sole method of paying for bus travel, it will do so much to reduce fraud. It will also be a lot easier to pay directly from a bank account, rather than searching the house for change/notes for tickets/passes.

trident4370

Not that it matters but IF it was upto me, The daysaver would still go up to £4, most people who don't have change just put that it anyway so I don't really see an issue with that price, I'd get rid of the city hop and just freeze the £2 fare as it is now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk