News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Long live Central Liner

Started by Tony, November 17, 2013, 11:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Central Liner hasn't completely died yet!

Tony

And is this the most unusual destination ever put on the blind of a Birmingham standard

winston

Quote from: Tony on November 17, 2013, 11:07:46 AM

Aren't there also still some remnants of Central Liner at Miller Street?

Gareth

Has 3225 shrill got West Midlands Travel on its blinds. I recall that being blue and the old version of the double underlined logo.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on November 17, 2013, 03:28:12 PM
Has 3225 shrill got West Midlands Travel on its blinds. I recall that being blue and the old version of the double underlined logo.

It has, yes.

It has a blind I had specially made in the 1980s which consists of random destinations of traditional BCT routes from various garages. It then has major  town centres, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham & Solihull, Central Liner & West Midlands Travel. A few things for Private Hires like 'The Wedding', 'Vintage Bus Service' etc. Just after the blind was made I took 3225 down to Cobham for one of their running days and an extension was put on with the 5 Surrey sites buses were running between, hence the second picture above.

Bob

Did central coachways used to be owned by the Co op? My mums friend use to work in the big Co op that used to be in cannock and she said they used to own a coach company in walsall. I think their garage was originally where walsall retail park is now. After the garage/bakery etc had gone a co op large store was built there I think

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Have you been out and about in 3225 today then Tony, hence the YW garage photo's and these?

andyr

Yes Bob, was owned by the co-op before being purchased by wmpte and then passing to Twm..When purchased the operating base was Lords Drive Walsall and was then moved to Miller St. A mixed fleet of Fords and Bedfords with Duple bodywork was quickly upgraded by two new Bedford bodied Paramount 3200s and two 6 month old Bova Europas..The Bovas were high spec 49 seaters. Bova then became the standard coach for the fleet although the rest were all of the Futura type..MCW Metroliners and 2 of there 400gt models were added for the London Liner operation..The later were fantastic coaches and were probably my favourite coach model i have ever driven..

Tony

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on November 18, 2013, 07:31:50 AM
Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on November 17, 2013, 10:50:46 PM
Have you been out and about in 3225 today then Tony, hence the YW garage photo's and these?

See http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/3225-3614/3225.html

I dare say has it been fitted with LED interior lighting? Haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

horsencart

There used to be this sign http://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/8290913090/in/set-72157630540103342   
but it may not be there as there is a new sign that now covers that same area

Quote from: Winston on November 17, 2013, 12:56:41 PM

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: horsencart on November 23, 2013, 08:09:44 AM
There used to be this sign http://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/8290913090/in/set-72157630540103342   
but it may not be there as there is a new sign that now covers that same area

Quote from: Winston on November 17, 2013, 12:56:41 PM

Sure I saw something similar still present on my nose round a few weeks back

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk