News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

There was also 20 branded 2170 on the 2/3.
The service on the 2/3 was particularly bad this afternoon.
I live on the 2/3 and the schedule that delivers this poor service performance is due to lack of resilience which harks back to the the original dismal 2/3/3A schedule in 2012 that also failed to deliver the advertised service.

Dom

Caught 4692 the other day whilst in Coventry, have to be honest, it is one of the best buses I have been on in a long time. Very loud, nice sound as well, comfortable ride and well driven.

JoNi

4403 towed in after breaking down on 16.

Adam 404

PD0001111/143 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Coventry City Centre and Bedworth given service number 20/20A/20E effective from 04-Sep-2016. To amend Timetable

Adam 404

Quote from: Adam 404 on July 21, 2016, 08:44:02 PM
The loss of service in Everdon Road has been reversed until a review in September. Therefore the 5 service will continue to serve here.
The 5 will continue to serve Everdon Road.

Quote from: Adam 404 on August 26, 2016, 02:31:27 PM
PD0001111/143 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Coventry City Centre and Bedworth given service number 20/20A/20E effective from 04-Sep-2016. To amend Timetable
"Timetable amendments"

21 also has timetable amendments.

Page 4 & 5

JoNi

4695 is on 23 if anyone wants to sample a blast up Winsford Avenue.

JPC

Some new information regarding Coventry services 2, 3 and 23.....
(source)
I am pleased to let you know that we are planning to improve the frequency of the 23 service, starting from the end of October.
We will be linking the route with the current services 2 and 3 which serve Cheylesmore / Fenside to create routes 23 & 23A.
This provides an additional cross city route and we will be operating the service with modern single deck vehicles identical to the ones currently on the 2 and 3.
The basic daytime frequency will be improved from every 15 minutes to every 10 minutes.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on August 30, 2016, 10:21:40 PM
Some new information regarding Coventry services 2, 3 and 23.....
(source)
I am pleased to let you know that we are planning to improve the frequency of the 23 service, starting from the end of October.
We will be linking the route with the current services 2 and 3 which serve Cheylesmore / Fenside to create routes 23 & 23A.
This provides an additional cross city route and we will be operating the service with modern single deck vehicles identical to the ones currently on the 2 and 3.
The basic daytime frequency will be improved from every 15 minutes to every 10 minutes.

I assume that info is reliable, sounds like the numbers 2 & 3 are going (replaced by this new 23/23A). They cross-linked these services between Feb 2012 and June 2013 - so we've been here before. Modern single deck vehicles means the Enviro 200's presumably, including the five additions arriving soon. The improved frequency will be more attractive, although I don't know if Allesley Park needs a 10-minute service off-peak.

With the 1 going to Central Buses, NXC lowest numbered service could potentially start at No.4 !

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 30, 2016, 10:54:24 PM
I assume that info is reliable, sounds like the numbers 2 & 3 are going (replaced by this new 23/23A). They cross-linked these services between Feb 2012 and June 2013 - so we've been here before. Modern single deck vehicles means the Enviro 200's presumably, including the five additions arriving soon. The improved frequency will be more attractive, although I don't know if Allesley Park needs a 10-minute service off-peak.

With the 1 going to Central Buses, NXC lowest numbered service could potentially start at No.4 !

Well I think Allesley Park would be just as deserving as Fenside to have a off-peak 10 minute frequency, keeping service numbers 2 and 3 would be neater, simpler and a lesser number of stop flags to update than 23 and 23A but the Fenside routes no longer deserves top-level service numbers it seems... And Yes it is mildly annoying how a newcomer to town has got service number 1 but I'll let them off seeing as they gave the best bid for it.

JoNi

So having failed the first time with running a cross city service. I'm sure the residents of Cheylesmore will be underwhelmed when they find their service affected by traffic queues in Holyhead Road. This is typical of NXs hopeless inability to communicate with customers. It wouldn't be difficult to post a notice in the E200s. The real reason is Coventry garage has had E200s foisted of them with no routes to put them on. Painful....

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on August 31, 2016, 08:25:14 AM
So having failed the first time with running a cross city service. I'm sure the residents of Cheylesmore will be underwhelmed when they find their service affected by traffic queues in Holyhead Road. This is typical of NXs hopeless inability to communicate with customers. It wouldn't be difficult to post a notice in the E200s. The real reason is Coventry garage has had E200s foisted of them with no routes to put them on. Painful....

Completely wrong, they haven't had E200s foisted on them.

JoNi

It always amuses me when NX managers accuse people I speak to as being liers.  This is not the first time and with present cultures in NX I'm sure it won't be the last.

JoNi

Complaint made to NXC after latest encounter with shoddy service on route 2/3 this afternoon.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/5i2K38

My father and myself have suffered disrupted journeys due to the summer service provided on Coventry services 2/3 has been consistently unreliable with buses often running together with journeys missing.
Will you provide me with a commitment that the Area Director will provide a notice of apology (A4 in size) on the back of the cab wall facing customers with name apologising for the shoddy service provided over the summer period and making a commitment to learn from the experience

JoNi

All four number 2 buses were outside my house at once!

Ally

Gemini on the 5 tonight about 21:45 (4693 I think) missed the turning for Lythalls Lane and ended up diverting via Beacon Road. He had pulled over with hazards on so I'm assuming he was radioing it in.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk