News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gc802002

Quote from: James4368 on November 09, 2015, 02:09:41 PM
@Dom
According to NXC workings spreadsheet

Tridents are usual on 12X along with E400's and Geminis

Is there a link to this spreadsheet please? Thanks

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Adam 404

Quote from: gc802002 on April 08, 2016, 10:06:36 AM
I Have just found the tender results online. I was a little shocked that Central Buses had won the 1!

If i am reading the document correctly , The existing 27 and 360A/C are coming off to be replaced by some new routes and changes to an existing one...

26 Stoke Aldermoor - Hospital (iGo Operated)
43 University to Eastern Green (De Courcey)
60 University to Arena via Hospital (De Courcey)
61 Allesley Park to Arena (De Courcey)
The 27 is being replaced by the 41 being diverted Via Abbey Road but the Willenhall section won't be replaced.
All 16's are finishing at Warwickshire Shopping Park.
The 26 is replacing that section there Hourly. The 43 & 61 are going to be hourly services and the 60 half hourly with hourly evening & Sunday service.

I have a document outlining the changes and why which I received at the Your Public Transport Matters Event a few weeks ago. I will attach it later.

Adam 404

Quote from: Adam 404 on April 08, 2016, 11:45:45 AM
The 27 is being replaced by the 41 being diverted Via Abbey Road but the Willenhall section won't be replaced.
The 26 is replacing that section there Hourly. The 43 & 61 are going to be hourly services and the 60 half hourly with hourly evening & Sunday service.

I have a document outlining the changes and why which I received at the Your Public Transport Matters Event a few weeks ago. I will attach it later.

In addition to this, the 703 will not operate on Evenings and Sundays and instead, the 20A will extend to the Hospital Every 30 mins on evenings & Sundays.

gc802002

Quote from: Adam 404 on April 08, 2016, 11:45:45 AM

Thanks Adam, I look forward to reading this later on

Adam 404

Quote from: gc802002 on April 08, 2016, 11:57:03 AM
Thanks Adam, I look forward to reading this later on
No problem.

Here is the document. I have retyped it from the sheet I was given and has all the details you may want to know. I am happy to pass any feedback onto Andrew Harding who sorts subsidies out.

Many Thanks. Adam.

gc802002

Thanks Adam, If I have any constructive comments I will get back to you!

paulb1973

Quote from: Adam 404 on April 08, 2016, 01:10:18 PM
No problem.

Here is the document. I have retyped it from the sheet I was given and has all the details you may want to know. I am happy to pass any feedback onto Andrew Harding who sorts subsidies out.

Many Thanks. Adam.

First general thoughts.

That will see Skipworth Rd, Brinklow Rd, Clifford Bridge Rd [part of] and Dorchester Way lose their direct regular service to the City Centre will it not? Don't think the residents, certainly along Dorchester Way, will be best pleased - I know service 4 isn't too far away in some areas. Also, the replacement service 26 is only hourly - bit of come down from the current level of service!

I'm assuming NXC's 16 and 16A will cease to go beyond the Warwickshire Shopping Park at all times.

I suppose its a shame the 360a/360c is going - but at least there are replacements, even if it looks a bit messy. I think there was [or maybe there still is] a 43 between Eastern Green and the University of Warwick previously.

For the people of Willenhall Wood, its back to the old established 13/13A & 21 I guess. Some could use the iGo 41 if they live near enough presumably.

Adam 404

Quote from: gc802002 on April 08, 2016, 03:29:54 PM
Thanks Adam, If I have any constructive comments I will get back to you!
Ok, If you send them over, I can give some feedback to Andrew Harding.

Quote from: paulb1973 on April 08, 2016, 03:40:24 PM

First general thoughts.

That will see Skipworth Rd, Brinklow Rd, Clifford Bridge Rd [part of] and Dorchester Way lose their direct regular service to the City Centre will it not? Don't think the residents, certainly along Dorchester Way, will be best pleased - I know service 4 isn't too far away in some areas. Also, the replacement service 26 is only hourly - bit of come down from the current level of service!

I'm assuming NXC's 16 and 16A will cease to go beyond the Warwickshire Shopping Park at all times.

I suppose its a shame the 360a/360c is going - but at least there are replacements, even if it looks a bit messy. I think there was [or maybe there still is] a 43 between Eastern Green and the University of Warwick previously.

For the people of Willenhall Wood, its back to the old established 13/13A & 21 I guess. Some could use the iGo 41 if they live near enough presumably.

The 16 will always finish at Warwickshire Shopping Park from July.
The 43 did use to operate before the 360 but went down some back roads in the Tile Hill area. It didn't use to serve Tile Hill Rail Station. It used Wolfe Road and Gravel Hill.
It is a shame about the Willenhall area and have already sent over a few ideas on how it could be served better. It is somewhat similar to the 27 timetable attached but my idea also serves Orchard Retail Park & the Uni. Of Warwick.
Don't forget the Monday to Friday X31 which operates on Dorchester Way.
The 26 has confused me a bit. I am sure its route will become more clear soon.

paulb1973

The new service 26 seems a bit pointless to me - just duplicating the current 16/16a potentially. Are iGo going to run one minibus/single decker between Stoke Aldermoor and the Hospital - just pottering about between the two on an hourly basis. I'd assume it will travel via Allard Way, Langbank Ave, Princethorpe Way, Binley Rd then around the Warwickshire Shopping Park. Couldn't they arm twist NXC into extending some 16/16A [but fewer than now] journey's instead?! 

More likely to be, actually...from Princethorpe Way, then Quorn Way, Bredon Ave, Deerdale Way, Willenhall Lane and so on (part-replacing the 360a/360c as well!).

I suppose the X31 does provide some cover along Dorchester Way etc, but its not the same as the current provision level. Some could catch a 26 to Stoke Aldermoor then change to a 16/16a there. Pity the 26 isn't terminating in town rather than Stoke Aldermoor thinking about it. It's all about keeping costs down I daresay.

JoNi

The 585 could easily have been diverted to cover Dorchester Way and maintain a link from Binley to the Hospital.
Providing a direct link from Stoke Aldermoor to the hospital does maintain a link from an area represented by the councillor who chairs the ITA!!
We currently live in a era where bus routes are treated as silos preventing efficient interworking of buses and crews. I bet you could run the equivalent of the 26 at no cost by disposing of the Bendybuses and the separate rota required.

paulb1973

The 26 seems to be terminating in 'no mans land' - Stoke Aldermoor a strange place to start/end a bus service. The Dorchester Way clan have gone from a fairly regular service 34 to a replacement 16/16A, to [potentially] a minibus to Stoke Aldermoor - in the space of less than five years!

JoNi

The 26 is effectively the bus that ran on the 27.
You won't have real time information and fare paying passengers lose the flexibility of NX passes/day tickets (i.e. pay more).
I certainly know of one case where a tendering authority requires the contractor of a local service to accept passes from the major operator (previous imcumbant) in the city as part of the tender agreement.

Adam 404

Quote from: paulb1973 on April 08, 2016, 04:13:56 PM
More likely to be, actually...from Princethorpe Way, then Quorn Way, Bredon Ave, Deerdale Way, Willenhall Lane and so on (part-replacing the 360a/360c as well!).

The 360 which will be mainly known as 60 will cover the Willenhall section on its way. Look at the map I have just created on Google for further information as attached at the bottom.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk