News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twi

Quote from: lauren1993 on October 21, 2015, 03:52:29 AM
Yeah because they sack all of their drivers for the most trivial things!! A very good friend of mine was sacked from NXC last week, who had worked there for nine years and was very popular amongst colleagues and passengers, shows that there is no loyalty and obviously an all time low moral in the depot lately, as a number of drivers I have spoke to aren't currently happy with the way Coventry garage is being ran, so could be even more of a shortage of drivers soon.
It is NXC's own fault IMO, and maybe they should actually treat their drivers fairly.

50 drivers short, leaving in droves two of the traffic office now resigned too most drivers are leaving or trying to leave. to many friends have gone

JoNi

4765 and 4772 have both been in service today.
4765 has 12X branding.
4772 has yet to gain an NXC fleetname

JoNi

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/98ad4S
Group of drivers from Wolverhampton seen out route learning this morning in Coventry who will provide cover for current staff shortage.

Trident 4609

Quote from: JoNi on November 03, 2015, 11:57:59 AM
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/98ad4S
Group of drivers from Wolverhampton seen out route learning this morning in Coventry who will provide cover for current staff shortage.

Yes, Several of the drivers were asking me what the routes in Coventry are like. I hear they are there till Christmas.

domino.99

Quote from: Nathan on November 03, 2015, 12:13:46 PM
Yes, Several of the drivers were asking me what the routes in Coventry are like. I hear they are there till Christmas.

Apparently longer according to one source

MW

Is NX providing accommodation for these drivers or are they commuting from WN to CV everyday?

Trident 4609

Quote from: MW on November 03, 2015, 09:51:05 PM
Is NX providing accommodation for these drivers or are they commuting from WN to CV everyday?

Commuting. I assume NX are covering these travel costs?

MW

Quote from: Nathan on November 03, 2015, 10:05:10 PM
Commuting. I assume NX are covering these travel costs?

Surely there must be some sort of incentive for these drivers? Are they being paid for travelling? I ask because I saw the notice at work, and just wondered, why on earth would someone go all the way to Coventry to do the same thing for the same pay. How long would it take to get from Wolverhampton to Coventry and back everyday?

RS

Quote from: MW on November 04, 2015, 12:45:09 AM
Surely there must be some sort of incentive for these drivers? Are they being paid for travelling? I ask because I saw the notice at work, and just wondered, why on earth would someone go all the way to Coventry to do the same thing for the same pay. How long would it take to get from Wolverhampton to Coventry and back everyday?
Via the train would be
From WN on VT would be dep 45 arr30
From WN on LM would be 18 mins to NS then 10 past VT 0r LM at 15 mins past and VT arr 30 LM 41
From CV on VT would be dep 22 arr NS at 45 then change to the 57 XC 01 LM 05 LM 08LM 15 VT
From CV on LM would be dep 50 arr 23 Change to 31 XC 36 LM 38 LM
Or direct VT from CV dep 42 arr 37
Direct XC form cv dep 27 arr about 00
London Euston

Tony

Quote from: MW on November 04, 2015, 12:45:09 AM

You get paid 'travelling time' on top of your duty time

JoNi

They should feel reasonable at home the RTI outside Coventry Council house shows buses to Lower Farm and Cannock
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/w4WUE0

Twi

Quote from: Tony on November 04, 2015, 08:13:37 AM
You get paid 'travelling time' on top of your duty time
thats really not an incentive as for all intents and purposes you are at work

if someone said to me goto walsall everyday for six weeks and we pay travel and time for that travelling i would laugh
rumour has it they are working the agency rotor shifts if that is true they are 10 hour days

Tony

Quote from: Twi on November 05, 2015, 04:43:48 PM
thats really not an incentive as for all intents and purposes you are at work

if someone said to me goto walsall everyday for six weeks and we pay travel and time for that travelling i would laugh
rumour has it they are working the agency rotor shifts if that is true they are 10 hour days

Of course it is an incentive, It's guaranteed overtime for not doing actually any more work. If your getting paid 3 hours a day that's an extra 15 hours a week, even at £10 hour that's an extra £150

BU07 LGO

I was tempted to go for it but decided its not worth putting the mileage on my car and driving in an area I don't know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk