News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Ally on October 14, 2015, 02:47:24 AM
The one on my phone is all over the place, my Facebook shows "Bedworth", my Twitter shows "Brent, London" and my weather app shows "Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

Had something similar happen to me while on the train to London on Friday, where my phone thought I was 'near Barcelona'  8)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dylanbusboy45

How much longer are the Mercs likely to be in service for?

CL

The branding for the 12(X) looks immaculate! (Credit)
https://flic.kr/p/zNMzX1
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

P419 EJW

Quote from: clayderman on October 15, 2015, 11:13:21 PM
The branding for the 12(X) looks immaculate! (Credit)
https://flic.kr/p/zNMzX1

It looks striking indeed but I don't like the 'halo' around the destination though. Perhaps it would be better not applying the halo.

CL

Quote from: P419 EJW on October 15, 2015, 11:21:32 PM
It looks striking indeed but I don't like the 'halo' around the destination though. Perhaps it would be better not applying the halo.
Perhaps not the best for the MK1 Enviros, no.. It's a shame they don't brand the section under the windscreen anymore. Nevertheless, purple is a colour I was least expecting for NX's branding, let alone Coventry!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

T840MAK

Definitely doesn't look bad. Shame about the wonky Nat Ex Coventry logo on it, thats all my eyes can see right now  ::)
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

John

I like the branding, and actually really like the livery too. The only thing that bugs me is the blue bars on the Ex-Perry Barr Enviro400s. Would have looked a lot better if the bars were painted black at refurb like 4768 onwards

1776 had its bar repainted upon refurb to Xplore Dundee livery

winston

Quote from: John on October 17, 2015, 12:54:39 PM
I like the branding, and actually really like the livery too. The only thing that bugs me is the blue bars on the Ex-Perry Barr Enviro400s. Would have looked a lot better if the bars were painted black at refurb like 4768 onwards

1776 had its bar repainted upon refurb to Xplore Dundee livery

John, do you not find that front NXC logo on the front is completely lost in bright daylight?

John

Quote from: Winston on October 18, 2015, 01:13:10 AM
John, do you not find that front NXC logo on the front is completely lost in bright daylight?

I've never noticed but with the logo being that pale, I can see how it would be hard to see in daylight. I like the colour of it though, but I do agree with previous comments that it should be good like Crimson repaints

JoNi

4830 (on 8 ) and 4885 (on 21) have gained full rear adverts for drive a bus for us
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/iu21PL

S570

Quote from: Adam 404 on October 13, 2015, 08:28:10 PM
When the Alx 400's are gone eventually, wishfully never, won't NXC need more single Deckers as many route the ALX 400's are on are more suited to Single Deckers. Examples are the 1, 5, 7, 18, 18A.

To be fair, there are times when the 5/18/A would definitely benefit from deckers (in terms of loadings at least). Then again, there are also times when I've been the only person upstairs on the 18A.

If the bendies are next to go, the ALXs could move to the 4 with new singles replacing them elsewhere. If any new buses are part of the ADL deal, maybe CV will get some MMCs?

JoNi

4424 has gained rear Drive a bus advert (on 10 today).

BU07 LGO

Quote from: JoNi on October 20, 2015, 03:21:18 PM
4424 has gained rear Drive a bus advert (on 10 today).

They have a shortage of covebtry drivers at the moment, noticed a poster in garage today asking for WA drivers to volunteer temporarily to drive at CV.

PM

Seems there's a huge shortage of drivers across the industry now...

lauren1993

Yeah because they sack all of their drivers for the most trivial things!! A very good friend of mine was sacked from NXC last week, who had worked there for nine years and was very popular amongst colleagues and passengers, shows that there is no loyalty and obviously an all time low moral in the depot lately, as a number of drivers I have spoke to aren't currently happy with the way Coventry garage is being ran, so could be even more of a shortage of drivers soon.
It is NXC's own fault IMO, and maybe they should actually treat their drivers fairly.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk