News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

When will 2167 in new livery be out on the road

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on September 28, 2017, 08:23:10 PM
When will 2167 in new livery be out on the road

When  it actually gets back to Coventry, has it's 4 weekly inspection, and any defects found fixed

Jay

Hi Tony

What with 2026 and the mix blue colour?
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

Trident 4194

BK63 YWP

So is NX is keeping the old two tone blue? For Coventry
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

paulb1973

Quote from: Chris on September 29, 2017, 01:20:35 PM
So is NX is keeping the old two tone blue? For Coventry

I can't see much difference in the tones of blue used on 2167 - I was hoping for something along the lines of a dark blue with a medium blue in-between [albeit a single deck version of that on 2167]. At the moment there's hardly any difference between the tones used.

BK63 YWP

@paulb1973 I have compared 2167 with 4776 and the new darker blue is darker than what was used on 4776, 2026 picture has the comparison also

X10 Gornal Wood

paulb1973

Quote from: Chris on September 29, 2017, 03:26:54 PM
@paulb1973 I have compared 2167 with 4776 and the new darker blue is darker than what was used on 4776, 2026 picture has the comparison also

Yes - it does look a little darker actually. Looking at the different tones of blue experimented with - I rather fancy that much darker version on 2026 [top picture] alas it seems to have been rejected. But, perhaps, dark blue buses in a grey city on a winters day, could be a bit grim!

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: paulb1973 on September 29, 2017, 03:49:09 PM
Yes - it does look a little darker actually. Looking at the different tones of blue experimented with - I rather fancy that much darker version on 2026 [top picture] alas it seems to have been rejected. But, perhaps, dark blue buses in a grey city on a winters day, could be a bit grim!

On that top picture, is that a President in the reflection ?

BK63 YWP

X10 Gornal Wood

Dylanbusboy45

MW

Quote from: paulb1973 on September 29, 2017, 03:49:09 PM

Diamond lol

paulb1973

Quote from: MW on September 29, 2017, 06:12:25 PM
Diamond lol

On the dark blue picture of 2026's offside - the lower panels are almost black (probably a very dark blue in reality) perhaps that's a bit too dark. While the middle shot has a very light & dark blue pairing, which doesn't look right either. After all that delay - all that seems to have changed is the lower/upper bands using a slightly darker shade! [lower only on single decks].

Mike K

That darker livery on the offside of 2026 is similar to what I thought would look good as the main NXWM livery rather than the crimson. Dark blue with (gold) cream lining would have kept the link with the old WMPTE / WMT colours - although the lower blue on 2026 is more reminiscent of the Birmingham City Transport shade of blue.

I have to say, the 'new' version of the NXC livery is underwhelming and not as smart as the crimson and Platinum versions.

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on September 30, 2017, 01:36:52 PM
That darker livery on the offside of 2026 is similar to what I thought would look good as the main NXWM livery rather than the crimson. Dark blue with (gold) cream lining would have kept the link with the old WMPTE / WMT colours - although the lower blue on 2026 is more reminiscent of the Birmingham City Transport shade of blue.

I have to say, the 'new' version of the NXC livery is underwhelming and not as smart as the crimson and Platinum versions.

The one you are referring to is BCT blue below PTE blue and is didn't work at all. I was hoping it would when I heard the colours, but it just looked like a Diamond Bus with Black replacement panels

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk