News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala take over First Redditch and Kiddiminster

Started by sconehead85, January 26, 2013, 04:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Ash on August 24, 2013, 11:21:57 PM
I know that Whittles operates the 192 service to Kidderminster/Stourport but a link between Halesowen and Kidderminster would be ideal and give a good connection between there Worcestershire and Black country services especially with services such as the 4H/002/142/202 all diamond services serving Halesowen.

Is the Whittle's 192 tendered or commercial?

Once Rotala get to grips with RH & KR and hopefully makes some decent returns, they could always strike at First again in Worcester, as they should be in a much stronger position this time around being in the position to offer network tickets which cover a much greater area than First now serve

Cedric

I know that Whittles operates the 192 service to Kidderminster/Stourport but a link between Halesowen and Kidderminster would be ideal and give a good connection between there Worcestershire and Black country services especially with services such as the 4H/002/142/202 all diamond services serving Halesowen.
would be nice to link to some of the routes in  the Stourbridge, and black country areas as whittles have the 125 bridgnorth - Stourbridge via Kidderminster  Halesowen would be a better link to birmingham  and  other parts of  diamond area 
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bewminster on August 24, 2013, 11:41:47 PM
would be nice to link to some of the routes in  the Stourbridge, and black country areas as whittles have the 125 bridgnorth - Stourbridge via Kidderminster  Halesowen would be a better link to birmingham  and  other parts of  diamond area

Diamond ran the 192 previously with ex London Volvo Olympians/NC Palatine and Dennis Lance and withdrew it no doubt due to insufficient passenger numbers. 

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on August 24, 2013, 11:46:27 PM

Diamond ran the 192 previously with ex London Volvo Olympians/NC Palatine and Dennis Lance and withdrew it no doubt due to insufficient passenger numbers.

The same Olympians which still enter Halesowen/Hagley/Kidderminster regularly, but now with Green Bus...

The two Lances (now scrapped) also came from Diamond if I remember rightly.

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 24, 2013, 11:57:11 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 24, 2013, 11:46:27 PM

The same Olympians which still enter Halesowen/Hagley/Kidderminster regularly, but now with Green Bus...

The two Lances (now scrapped) also came from Diamond if I remember rightly.

The Olympians were N5--LGH & R3--LGH, I always quite liked the Palatine II bodywork design
Yes the L2--YAG Lance/Plaxton Verde & P452PBH Lance / NC Paladin all came from Diamond

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on August 24, 2013, 11:30:07 PM

Is the Whittle's 192 tendered or commercial?

Once Rotala get to grips with RH & KR and hopefully makes some decent returns, they could always strike at First again in Worcester, as they should be in a much stronger position this time around being in the position to offer network tickets which cover a much greater area than First now serve
think it is tendered  when it was a first route it was tenderded by Herefordshire Shropshire Worcestershire and centro  I think
and over time apart from Worcestershire the subsideds where withdrawn  that is why it just runs as far as Halesowen.   
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk