News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 18, 2018, 09:12:37 PM
It's so loud, people could put in claims for having a deterioration in hearing due to that awful classical music. Nobody likes the music and therefore is not exactly appealing to a new audience? Don't know about Walsall but in Halesowen surely the bus inspectors/ Centro workers could've solved the issue of youths rather than playing annoying music

And how would you suggest we do that? Confront them and then have a member of staff in hospital because he got beaten up?

It has proven since its introduction that it reduces anti social behaviour. People don't mknd it, if anything it adds a bit of background noise whilst waiting,

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 18, 2018, 09:30:05 PM
Are you a secret worker of tfwm too? The music is way too loud just saying, you go on buses and get told to listen to music with concern to ensure a good ride for all yet they think it's acceptable to blast 1940s music away?  The Centro inspectors could have solved this in fact the cleaners could've solved this, half the time children don't really cause any harm anyway other than dropping litter or the occasional shouting at each other?

You know nothing. When you see the issues faced on a daily basis then you'll see why these measures are being put in place.

Also Centro doesn't actually exist anymore...

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on July 18, 2018, 10:44:49 PM
People don't mknd it, if anything it adds a bit of background noise whilst waiting,
Have you actually read anything posted here this evening?

Quote from: Dom on July 18, 2018, 10:44:49 PM
People don't mknd it, if anything it adds a bit of background noise whilst waiting,
Though that may well be your opinion, not everybody is going to feel the same way about it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on July 18, 2018, 11:08:47 PM
Though that may well be your opinion, not everybody is going to feel the same way about it.

It's not 'Dom's opinion' it is a proven fact that this reduces loitering and anti-social behaviour, not just in bus stations, and Anti-social behaviour discourages far more people than classical music.

DJ

Quote from: Tony on July 18, 2018, 11:24:09 PM
It's not 'Dom's opinion' it is a proven fact that this reduces loitering and anti-social behaviour, not just in bus stations, and Anti-social behaviour discourages far more people than classical music.

It's also a well known fact that having too much background noise, such as music playing, can be distracting to those with mental illnesses, such as autism. Bus stations are already busy places with a lot going on, so adding more 'noise' into that mix isn't going to do anyone suffering from any issues related to autism any good.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Sh4318

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 19, 2018, 02:58:07 AM
It's also a well known fact that having too much background noise, such as music playing, can be distracting to those with mental illnesses, such as autism. Bus stations are already busy places with a lot going on, so adding more 'noise' into that mix isn't going to do anyone suffering from any issues related to autism any good.

I have autism, and bus stations are generally loud places for me. So I always make sure I bring something to drown out the noise. I know that doesn't apply to every autistic person, but I thought I'd add my two penneth worth
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 19, 2018, 08:13:44 AM
I have autism, and bus stations are generally loud places for me. So I always make sure I bring something to drown out the noise. I know that doesn't apply to every autistic person, but I thought I'd add my two penneth worth
I do as well, I'll just have to put up with it. Bus Stations are loud enough as it is and music make ::)s them (if it is loud) worse! TfWM not thinking about anyone but themselves again!

Also to add @Trident 4194's point, does it seriously need to seriously be 1940s classical music need to blasted at a Bus Station?

I can't wait to have constant headaches whenever I'm at a Bus Station...  ::)

Dom

Quote from: Jack on July 19, 2018, 08:18:28 AM
I do as well, I'll just have to put up with it. Bus Stations are loud enough as it is and music make ::)s them (if it is loud) worse! TfWM not thinking about anyone but themselves again!

Also to add @Trident 4194's point, does it seriously need to seriously be 1940s classical music need to blasted at a Bus Station?

I can't wait to have constant headaches whenever I'm at a Bus Station...  ::)

Its older than 1940s. Its over 100 years old to disregard copyright.

WMT3000

To my mind, a typically weak response to a serious problem. Most companies would use security guards to specifically target people causing a nuisance. To use natural selection by playing insipid music at all passengers is just ridiculous. Other members have made good points about people with autism. Have nxwm considered people with hearing aids i wonder? In my experience, most people dislike classical music anyway, regardless of their age. Before continuing with schemes like this, nxwm should sort out the behaviour of some of its own staff. Personally I'm heartily sick of being choked by e-cigarette fumes all round one side of Walsall bus station due to there constantly being 2/3 drivers sucking their dummies. I don't know if they're aware of just how antisocial they are and that smoking in the workplace has been illegal for some time now but it seems to me to be a case of one rule for one, one for another.

Kevin

Quote from: WMT3000 on July 19, 2018, 09:14:11 AM
To my mind, a typically weak response to a serious problem. Most companies would use security guards to specifically target people causing a nuisance. To use natural selection by playing insipid music at all passengers is just ridiculous. Other members have made good points about people with autism. Have nxwm considered people with hearing aids i wonder? In my experience, most people dislike classical music anyway, regardless of their age. Before continuing with schemes like this, nxwm should sort out the behaviour of some of its own staff.....

Why bring sweeping generalisations into it? My experience is people like classical music. Also, did note when I heard it the other day in Dudley some people were actually enjoying it. This notion that it will discourage the general populous from public transport is, to me, ludicrous. Yes I accept that people with autism etc may have issues, but at the end of the day they already will have issues with it being a crowded space and lots going on as it is

Also, unnecessary dig at NXWM there, it's not their scheme, they don't operate bus stations
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

Quote from: WMT3000 on July 19, 2018, 09:14:11 AM
To my mind, a typically weak response to a serious problem. Most companies would use security guards to specifically target people causing a nuisance. To use natural selection by playing insipid music at all passengers is just ridiculous. Other members have made good points about people with autism. Have nxwm considered people with hearing aids i wonder? In my experience, most people dislike classical music anyway, regardless of their age. Before continuing with schemes like this, nxwm should sort out the behaviour of some of its own staff. Personally I'm heartily sick of being choked by e-cigarette fumes all round one side of Walsall bus station due to there constantly being 2/3 drivers sucking their dummies. I don't know if they're aware of just how antisocial they are and that smoking in the workplace has been illegal for some time now but it seems to me to be a case of one rule for one, one for another.

Security guards are employed at larger bus stations after the supervisors finish.

John

Quote from: Kevin on July 19, 2018, 10:30:56 AM
Why bring sweeping generalisations into it? My experience is people like classical music. Also, did note when I heard it the other day in Dudley some people were actually enjoying it. This notion that it will discourage the general populous from public transport is, to me, ludicrous. Yes I accept that people with autism etc may have issues, but at the end of the day they already will have issues with it being a crowded space and lots going on as it is

Also, unnecessary dig at NXWM there, it's not their scheme, they don't operate bus stations

I'd rather listen to classical music than the rubbish that people today blast out of their phones

Sh4318

Quote from: John on July 19, 2018, 11:07:13 AM
I'd rather listen to classical music than the rubbish that people today blast out of their phones

I don't see how anyone could argue with that logic
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

MasterPlan

Quote from: Tony on July 18, 2018, 11:24:09 PM

I'd agree with that. The feeling of intimation and the possibility of being mugged is somewhat more off-putting. Especially with the young and elderly...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk