News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 60171

I quite like the choice of music now available at bus stations, drowns out the drones of the plebs. One thing I will give TfWM a thumbs up for!

Trident 4609

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 22, 2018, 12:51:04 PM
6122 on the 4H, just left Halesowen Bus Station.

@StourValley98 For future reference, the Hayley Green short workings on the 4H on a Sunday interwork with the 241 at Halesowen, so you are most likely to see MMC's.

DJ

Quote from: Nathan on July 22, 2018, 05:27:05 PM
@StourValley98 For future reference, the Hayley Green short workings on the 4H on a Sunday interwork with the 241 at Halesowen, so you are most likely to see MMC's.

Ah thanks for the info, I was unaware of that so I just went off what was on the spreadsheet.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

BK63 YWP

Looking at the 9s summer timetable the Friday and Saturday night late services are now 01.20 02.35 03.50 (every 1h 15m) but the latest bus to brum from Stourbridge is now 01.05
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Is there any paticular reason the service type on the 222 and 243/244 soon to be the 2/2A and 18/19 registrations has been changed from "Normal Stopping" to "Hail & Ride".
Not to sure what this means?
Are NX going to relaunch these services as a demand responsive service?
It was mentioned NX are going to introduce a demand responsive service in the West Midlands soon.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/523331/
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/523330/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: 2206 on July 31, 2018, 04:37:33 PM
Is there any paticular reason the service type on the 222 and 243/244 soon to be the 2/2A and 18/19 registrations has been changed from "Normal Stopping" to "Hail & Ride".
Not to sure what this means?
Are NX going to relaunch these services as a demand responsive service?
It was mentioned NX are going to introduce a demand responsive service in the West Midlands soon.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/523331/
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/523330/

It may mean a demand responsive service but in London, Hail & Ride means you can get on anywhere, these are usually in housing estates etc.

don

Both of these services link to hospitals - one of the issues with Arriva Click is that elderly people don't or won't use technology, and are thus excluded (or exclude themselves) from the service - with the changing demographic of the population, a significant proportion of potential hospital visitors by public transport would be elderly, so it could be argued that providing key hospital links requiring everyone to use either the internet or smart phones is not inclusive. I'm hopeful NXWM have thought of this before embarking on an Arriva Click type of service (presuming that's what it would be).

It's also notable that from comments on this forum that some existing 244 buses are over-subscribed using the existing E200 buses - so even if the new style service is more frequent, if it is a 'minibus' type operation (as per Stagecoach in Ashford - Little and More), waiting whilst five pass you in the rain because they are full is returning to the appalling days of the late 80s when entire towns like Torquay ran like this, with dreadful levels of passenger service and comfort as a result.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

All hail and ride means is there will be a couple of roads on the route without bus stops where passengers can request to board or alight at any safe point. Nothing more. The demand responsive route will be completely new elsewhere in the West Midlands

karl724223

It's for the new 2/2A service (222) wallows road has bus stops on one side of the road only so and opposite is being added

karl724223

Look out for the reprogrammed blinds on our buses ( not tridents )

busfan2847

Does anyone know when Pensnett garage opened at its present site?

DJ

Quote from: busfan2847 on August 22, 2018, 11:42:42 PM
Does anyone know when Pensnett garage opened at its present site?

1999, I believe.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

karl724223

A streetdeck is rotad to be on the X10 mon to fri
As reported God knows how many times before

Jack

Quote from: karl724223 on August 23, 2018, 06:31:18 PM
A streetdeck is rotad to be on the X10 mon to fri
As reported God knows how many times before
Why should I have to skim through pages just to find it?
Spreadsheet doesn't read Streetdeck's, only Platinums and Tridents.

BK63 YWP

@Jack there are not enough platinums for the X10 so streetdecks filled the void with standard MMCs and tridents are the last resort.

@karl724223 is 6123/4 along side the streetdecks going to be used for the X10 to cover the new extension
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk