News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

WrightBus StreetDeck - Discussion/Sightings/Route Allocation (Not PN gossip)

Started by BK63 YWP, January 21, 2016, 02:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

I encountered this vehicle for the first time yesterday evening in Colmore Row at 7.15. 

I was taking the air by the Cathedral (ok, I'd just left the pub) and it decanted passengers, so I had a long admiring look at it. I really am impressed, and crimson really does suit the shape.

Marvellous. 
Don't you start.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: The Real 4778 on April 26, 2016, 10:15:54 AM
I encountered this vehicle for the first time yesterday evening in Colmore Row at 7.15. 

I was taking the air by the Cathedral (ok, I'd just left the pub) and it decanted passengers, so I had a long admiring look at it. I really am impressed, and crimson really does suit the shape.

Marvellous.

I fell on it today (in the 'basher' sense of the word) as it was the next bus to show up at Halesowen. Design-wise, it doesn't float my boat but I'll happily give it 11 out of 10 for the livery alone. It's got adequate grunt however, cresting the various grades with ease & only reverting to a single upshift in the process.

In fact, I was so unexpectedly taken with the experience that I had to bale out en-route for a quiet stroll along the Harborne branch to clear my head!

The Real 4778

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on April 27, 2016, 12:13:17 AM
I fell on it today (in the 'basher' sense of the word) as it was the next bus to show up at Halesowen. Design-wise, it doesn't float my boat but I'll happily give it 11 out of 10 for the livery alone. It's got adequate grunt however, cresting the various grades with ease & only reverting to a single upshift in the process.

In fact, I was so unexpectedly taken with the experience that I had to bale out en-route for a quiet stroll along the Harborne branch to clear my head!

Fantastic!  Hope you didn't fall into the canal navigations at the town end, in your delirium.
Don't you start.

BK63 YWP

Haven't seen the Street deck in a while, how's it compared to the MMCs
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Ronnoc

3301 was heading in to Kings Heath on Vicarage road around 07:24.

filbus1

Quote from: Ronnoc on May 19, 2016, 07:48:33 AM
3301 was heading in to Kings Heath on Vicarage road around 07:24.
Going to AG for recruitment drive.

wembley86

is 3301 a demonstrator bus. 

Dom

GeminiFan1991

Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

karl724223

When they are all delivered and on the road all five buses will be on the 9 to go against the mmc so both bus types can be tested against each other on the same route

Dom

Quote from: karl724223 on June 21, 2016, 04:24:58 PM
When they are all delivered and on the road all five buses will be on the 9 to go against the mmc so both bus types can be tested against each other on the same route

I was told the 129 by a few people.

karl724223

Michael Bevan

Quote from: karl724223 on June 21, 2016, 04:24:58 PM

I've had the same thing confirmed to me. I've also been told allocation's for the new Platinum's have been decided.

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 21, 2016, 04:42:21 PM
I've had the same thing confirmed to me. I've also been told allocation's for the new Platinum's have been decided.

Looks like this meeting I've been invited to on 4th July is a waste of time then

2016 New Bus Allocation and Cascades
Agenda:
1. Current PVRs.
2. Planned changes to PVRs.
3. Allocation of new vehicles and cascade plan.

When
Mon 4 Jul 2016 1pm – 2pm Bordesley 1st floor meeting room

Dom

Quote from: Tony on June 21, 2016, 05:41:54 PM
Looks like this meeting I've been invited to on 4th July is a waste of time then

2016 New Bus Allocation and Cascades
Agenda:
1. Current PVRs.
2. Planned changes to PVRs.
3. Allocation of new vehicles and cascade plan.

When
Mon 4 Jul 2016 1pm – 2pm Bordesley 1st floor meeting room

So following that meeting will you be able to tell us what is going on?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk