News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hansons

Started by Mike360, June 06, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

That is a point actually. The people of Welsh house farm are more likely to prepare Harborne as a destination rather than Halesowen

j789

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 26, 2017, 04:28:53 PM
The routes broke remember 😜. if hansons could create a proper timetable unlike nx then yes the extension could easily work

Ummmm how exactly? The route between the qe and city will still have a 10 min frequency from the 98/x64 so a competing half hour frequency wouldn't scratch the surface, no one would wait for it when a 98/x64 turned up. Also, that length of route from city to merry hill would end up being horrendously unreliable. I'm not totally sure you fully understand how the bus industry works in that respect!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: j789 on March 27, 2017, 05:29:30 PM
Ummmm how exactly? The route between the qe and city will still have a 10 min frequency from the 98/x64 so a competing half hour frequency wouldn't scratch the surface, no one would wait for it when a 98/x64 turned up. Also, that length of route from city to merry hill would end up being horrendously unreliable. I'm not totally sure you fully understand how the bus industry works in that respect!

The point is the route isn't broken, the reason the route is being withdrawn is because NE want to reduce it to a 1/2 hour frequency and it couldn't be achieved with the current frequency of the 98. Instead NE feel that extending the 244 to QE on a half hourly frequency will solve the problem.

Without starting another argument about this, you either provide a service that all of your customers can use, or you just provide a service for the people of Birmingham can use. Therefore why don't Hansons or Diamond take up the entire route and provide a service that is needed, if NE don't want the competition they shouldn't have split the route in 2.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 27, 2017, 07:53:35 PM
The point is the route isn't broken, the reason the route is being withdrawn is because NE want to reduce it to a 1/2 hour frequency and it couldn't be achieved with the current frequency of the 98. Instead NE feel that extending the 244 to QE on a half hourly frequency will solve the problem.

Without starting another argument about this, you either provide a service that all of your customers can use, or you just provide a service for the people of Birmingham can use. Therefore why don't Hansons or Diamond take up the entire route and provide a service that is needed, if NE don't want the competition they shouldn't have split the route in 2.

Probably because the route is 'broken' so as to make it unreliable and drive passengers off. I'd imagine the reason no-one else has registered a replacement is because they don't want buses stuck and not serving their current passengers.

Even yesterday (Sunday) some journeys ended up 30 minutes late. Surprisingly today when most of Birmingham ground to a halt due to Belgrave Road being shut all morning the 99 was fairly close to time all day which shows how unpredictable the route is

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on March 27, 2017, 07:59:59 PM
Probably because the route is 'broken' so as to make it unreliable and drive passengers off. I'd imagine the reason no-one else has registered a replacement is because they don't want buses stuck and not serving their current passengers.

Even yesterday (Sunday) some journeys ended up 30 minutes late. Surprisingly today when most of Birmingham ground to a halt due to Belgrave Road being shut all morning the 99 was fairly close to time all day which shows how unpredictable the route is

I think we will always agree to differ on this point @Tony , but surely, for example areas around Handsworth can become very crowded and cause disruption to the 74, in that case why doesn't the 74 terminate at West Bromwich and a seperate service operate between West Bromwich and Dudley?

Will be interesting to see if another company does decide to run the 99 or equivelant.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 27, 2017, 08:10:27 PM
I think we will always agree to differ on this point @Tony , but surely, for example areas around Handsworth can become very crowded and cause disruption to the 74, in that case why doesn't the 74 terminate at West Bromwich and a seperate service operate between West Bromwich and Dudley?

Will be interesting to see if another company does decide to run the 99 or equivelant.

Handsworth is fairly predictable, normally clear before 10am unless the M5 screws up, then slow for the rest of the day, so easier to create a reasonable timetable, and enough passengers to register a frequent service which always help.

Didn't you forecast doom about the Bristol Road changes?

How long did the competition last on the 99 not very long

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on March 27, 2017, 08:29:53 PM
Handsworth is fairly predictable, normally clear before 10am unless the M5 screws up, then slow for the rest of the day, so easier to create a reasonable timetable, and enough passengers to register a frequent service which always help.

Many bus routes are unpredictable due to traffic. Sure,y it's not the length of the 99 route that's the issue? Just the places area

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on March 27, 2017, 08:29:53 PM

Sorry @Tony but i didn't forecast doom on the Bristol Road as I don't know the routes, unlike the 99 which i have used often and when i have boarded at the QE there have always been a reasonable amount of people on board already. These peoples journies are now broken.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 27, 2017, 08:36:24 PM
Sorry @Tony but i didn't forecast doom on the Bristol Road as I don't know the routes, unlike the 99 which i have used often and when i have boarded at the QE there have always been a reasonable amount of people on board already. These peoples journies are now broken.

Definitely the 99 loadings are/ were excellent. All the sections of the route were well used- in fact I would say e200s are too small buses

Lukeee

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 27, 2017, 08:48:52 PM

Definitely the 99 loadings are/ were excellent. All the sections of the route were well used- in fact I would say e200s are too small buses

Any think bigger will struggle getting round parts of the route

ARBB

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 27, 2017, 08:10:27 PM

Who said that's not going to happen very soon ?

the trainbasher

Anyone seen the new 226 branding on 1524. Looks quite smart!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Hansons Buses Official

Boys whats the 74/ Handsworth got to do with Hansons?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Hansons Buses Official on April 07, 2017, 04:15:17 PM
Boys whats the 74/ Handsworth got to do with Hansons?

We went slightly off topic, debating about the length of a route making a route unreliable

Solo1

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 01, 2017, 08:49:41 AM
Anyone seen the new 226 branding on 1524. Looks quite smart!
what branding on 1524 unless its inside as saw it today had advert both sides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk