News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Quote from: don on May 03, 2020, 12:46:52 PM

I seem to remember that centre door buses have card readers for disabled people to use, near the centre doors.

New Bus For London and New Routemaster buses had readers in the centre and at the rear as three door loading was allowed. This was in the process of being changed to front door loading only, so I'm not even sure if the readers are still fitted or not.  No other buses have readers at the centre door.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: don on May 03, 2020, 12:46:52 PM
I seem to remember that centre door buses have card readers for disabled people to use, near the centre doors. I presume they're not running single door E200s and the like currently?

The main reduction in TfL revenue would be caused by the reduction in travel use.

There are some TfL routes where nothing longer than a 9m E200 will fit due to a restriction of some sort, these routes are still being run with single door buses e.g. the H20 whereas the 481 which normally has 9m E200s, 10.2m dual door E200s will fit so that is what is being used at present (seen from my weekly visits to Tesco).

With reference to the reduction in TfL revenue, not charging the people who are still using the buses is not helping cashflow at a time when transport operators need every penny they can get, is in my view is stupid.

But so is also still operating full Saturday or Sunday timetables. On the H20 (which currently has a Saturday timetable on M-F) http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/H20.htm, the loading on Thursday mornings at about 08:15 on the H20 is been no higher than 3 people and when I am walking home from Tesco's at about 09:00 an H20 passes me and the last few weeks has had a loading of just the driver.

CL

Quote from: Gareth on May 03, 2020, 02:50:31 PM
New Bus For London and New Routemaster buses had readers in the centre and at the rear as three door loading was allowed. This was in the process of being changed to front door loading only, so I'm not even sure if the readers are still fitted or not.  No other buses have readers at the centre door.
They're still fitted, albeit decommissioned, from what I saw on one of my last visits last December (when they began trials of front door boarding on the 8 )

I believe the only other buses to have card readers at the centre door are the Red Arrow BYD E200s for the 507/521
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route        Current Operator                 New Operator                     PVR        Vehicles
162               Metrobus                             Metrobus                           11         Existing Diesel Single Deck
184            Arriva London Nth                London General                    20        New Electric Single Deck *
229            Arriva London Nth               Arriva London Nth                  20        Existing Diesel Double Deck
367              Abellio London                     Abellio London                     10        Existing Diesel Single Deck
469            Arriva London Nth                  London Central                    9         Existing Diesel Single Deck
484              Abellio London                     London Central                    11        New Electric Single Deck
492             Arriva London Nth               Arriva London Nth                 TBC       Existing Double Deck
616               London General                    HCT Group                          2         New Electric Double Deck **
B12             Arriva London Nth                 London Central                    7           Existing Diesel Single Deck

* One vehicle is an existing hybrid double deck.
** Operationally exchanged with 2 existing hybrids from route 20.
All the diesel & hybrid vehicles detailed above will meet Euro VI emissions standards.

The above contracts will commence on the following dates:
23rd January 2021: Routes 229, 469, 492 & B12.
6th February 2021: Routes 184 & 616.
20th March 2021: Routes 162, 367 & 484.

In addition, it is confirmed that Route 200, the award of which to London General was announced on 23rd April 2020 for commencement on 20th February 2021, will now be operated by new electric double deck vehicles.

In all cases, new electric vehicles may enter service later than these dates owing to infrastructure and/ or vehicle delivery timescales.   
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route        Current Operator                 New Operator                     PVR           Vehicles
28/N28      Tower Transit                      London Sovereign                 19         Existing Hybrid Double Decker
69 (24h)    Tower Transit                      Dockland Buses                     18         New electric double deck
315            London General                  Abellio London                       4          Existing diesel single deck
463            Quality Line                        Quality Line                            9          Existing diesel single deck
633            Quality Line                        Metrobus                                2          Existing diesel double deck
639/670     London General                  London United                       2          Existing Hybrid double deck
687            Blue Triangle                       Blue Triangle                          1          Existing diesel double deck

All the diesel & hybrid vehicles detailed above will meet Euro VI emissions standards.

The above contracts will commence on the following dates:

3rd April 2021: Routes 463 & 633.
1st May 2021: Routes 28/N28, 69, 315 & 687.
5th June 2021: Route 639/670.

The new electric vehicles for route 69 may enter service after the contract start date owing to infrastructure and/ or vehicle delivery timescales.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

markcf83

Double trouble for Tower then.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Ian Hardy

It seems strange that London Sovereign has won the 28/N28 as their nearest depot is Edgware. London United has Park Royal, Shepherds Bush and Stamford Brook which are far closer to the route than ever Edgware is.

markcf83

Quote from: Ian Hardy on July 17, 2020, 03:59:57 PM
It seems strange that London Sovereign has won the 28/N28 as their nearest depot is Edgware. London United has Park Royal, Shepherds Bush and Stamford Brook which are far closer to the route than ever Edgware is.

Edgware is about to lose the 139 to Metroline, so they'll have about 20 hybrids kicking around.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: markcf83 on July 17, 2020, 05:29:13 PM
Edgware is about to lose the 139 to Metroline, so they'll have about 20 hybrids kicking around.
23 VHs

My question was considering that London Sovereign's nearest garage to the 28 is Edgware which is 7 miles from Kensal Rise Station, whereas London United's Park Royal garage is only 2 miles away.

How can RATP have been able to put in a cheaper bid than Tower Transit with Westbourne Park Garage being only 1.5 miles from Kensal Rise Station, when RATP will have a minimum of 14 miles of dead run for each bus?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ian Hardy on July 17, 2020, 09:49:14 PM
23 VHs

My question was considering that London Sovereign's nearest garage to the 28 is Edgware which is 7 miles from Kensal Rise Station, whereas London United's Park Royal garage is only 2 miles away.

How can RATP have been able to put in a cheaper bid than Tower Transit with Westbourne Park Garage being only 1.5 miles from Kensal Rise Station, when RATP will have a minimum of 14 miles of dead run for each bus?

Sovereign currently run the 139 (and the 13 before that) from Edgware which means empty running of around 6 miles, so I suppose there isn't a lot in it.

I wonder what will happen to the drivers and buses given that LS loose the 139 in August and the new contract on the 28 doesn't begin till May?

Stuharris 6360

Slightly old news but the Regional MD of Arriva has announced the closure of Stamford Hill garage due to take place In October.

The reason for this is the loss of services 67, 106 & 230 in recent tender awards and the need to rebalance capacities.

The 73/N73 will move to Clapton garage whilst the 253/N253 will move to Ash Grove and the 318 to Tottenham,

markcf83

It is rumoured that the 28 and N28 are to run from the OLST garage at Wandsworth. RATP,the parent company of London United, also has responsibility for OLST as well. Incidentally in LT days the 28 ran out of Wandsworth so it kind of returns home. Must stress that it's not confirmed.

JoNi

ellspurs

Quote from: JoNi on August 28, 2020, 07:46:58 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53929510

I guess this is similar to how NXWM have changed the registration on all their school-specific services to be not open to the general public.

Busboy105

Is there a London Bus forum similar to the one here? Asking for a friend?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk