News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

markcf83

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 25, 2016, 06:18:07 PM
Latest Tender Results

Route 455:  Awarded to Abellio London (currently Go Ahead, Metrobus), with 2011 Euro V diesel single deckers.  Contract commences on 04/03/17.  PVR=11.

This is likely to see the Enviro midibuses that currently operate on the D8-which is getting double deckers at some point imminently or fairly soon.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

winston

There's a batch of ex Abellio 2009 E400's currently for sale at Ensign Bus with NX spec interiors i.e. grey dot

http://www.ensignbus.com/2009-enviro-400s.html

markcf83

Quote from: Winston on August 26, 2016, 12:36:00 AM
There's a batch of ex Abellio 2009 E400's currently for sale at Ensign Bus with NX spec interiors i.e. grey dot

http://www.ensignbus.com/2009-enviro-400s.html

I've heard rumours that Arriva are interested in most,if not all,of them as Cadet replacements at Garston. Remember they took the Stagecoach examples that were sent back off lease recently and which are slowly entering service.

Dylanbusboy45

Go Ahead Londons BYD/E200MMCs entered service yesterday on the Red Arrows with all of SEe5/7/9 working for the first time. Today SEe4 came out for the first time on the 521 being joined by SEe5/9 and SEe7 worked on the 507 today. Will put some photo links later when I have uploaded them.

Having now been on a wholly built BYD and a ADL bodied one I can say I prefer the new ADL version. In my opinion, the wholly BYD built one looked too foreign and didn't feel like a London bus. The only problem I have with the new ones is the wheels are a bit too big and don't sit on the ADL body as well

jc

Quote from: markcf83 on August 26, 2016, 10:26:24 AM
I've heard rumours that Arriva are interested in most,if not all,of them as Cadet replacements at Garston. Remember they took the Stagecoach examples that were sent back off lease recently and which are slowly entering service.

Sorry Mark, bit out of the game here, just out of curiosity which ex Stagecoach examples were they? Thank You

Tony

Quote from: jc on August 31, 2016, 07:41:22 PM
Sorry Mark, bit out of the game here, just out of curiosity which ex Stagecoach examples were they? Thank You

Glad I'm not the only one baffled by that

Stuharris 6360

Tranche 554

82 (becoming 24 hour, see note below) - awarded to Tower Transit (currently Metroline) with new Euro VI hybrid double deck. PVR 31 (currently 25). Start date 1 April 2017
    113 - re-awarded to Metroline with new hybrid double deck, PVR 28 (currently 18) - 22 Euro V vehicles built 2013 plus 9 additional hybrids, details to be confirmed (includes 3 spares).

Routes 82 and 113/N113 are awarded as specified including the changes proposed as part of the inner north west London network review - 113 to Oxford Circus and 82 renumbered 13, subject to the outcome of consultation
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

markcf83

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 31, 2016, 08:57:00 PM
Tranche 554

82 (becoming 24 hour, see note below) - awarded to Tower Transit (currently Metroline) with new Euro VI hybrid double deck. PVR 31 (currently 25). Start date 1 April 2017
    113 - re-awarded to Metroline with new hybrid double deck, PVR 28 (currently 18) - 22 Euro V vehicles built 2013 plus 9 additional hybrids, details to be confirmed (includes 3 spares).

Routes 82 and 113/N113 are awarded as specified including the changes proposed as part of the inner north west London network review - 113 to Oxford Circus and 82 renumbered 13, subject to the outcome of consultation

I would imagine the Enviros delivered in 2013 for the 82-as is now-will be running the bulk of the 113 at Edgware. That is a hell of a loss for Metroline and Potters Bar in particular who've run the route since Finchley closed in December 1993. Presumably Westbourne Park will run it given its location to Victoria.

Stuharris 6360

Tranches 555 & 556

The following TfL contracts have been awarded:

308 re-awarded to Tower Transit with new Euro VI hybrid double deck, PVR 13. Start date: 4 March 2017

309 Re-awarded to CT Plus with 2012 Euro V diesel singe deck + one new Euro VI diesel, PVR 9. Start date 4 March 2017

W11 awarded to CT Plus (currently Arriva London North) with new Euro VI diesel single deck, PVR 10. Start date 4 March 2017

W12 re-awarded to CT Plus with 2010 Euro V diesel single deck, PVR 7. Start date 4 March 2017

W13 re-awarded to CT Plus with new Euro VI diesel single deck, PVR 7. Start date 11 March 2017

W14 re-awarded to Tower Transit with 2012 Euro V diesel single deck + one 2010 Euro V diesel double deck, PVR 10. Start date 25 February 2017

W15 re-awarded to Tower Transit with 2012 Euro V diesel single deck, PVR 21. Start date 4 March 2017

W16 awarded to CT Plus (currently London General) with new Euro VI diesel single deck, PVR 9. Start date 4 March 2017.

Route W11 is rerouted between Forest Road and Walthamstow via Blackhorse Road and St James Street. The frequency is increased on Sunday evenings to match weekday evenings.

Route W16 has a frequency increase during Sunday shopping hours.

Route 308 is converted to full double deck operation and the additional peak hour journeys are withdrawn.

Stuharris 6360

The following TfL contract has been awarded today:

360 re-awarded to London Central with new electric single deck, PVR 12. Start date 21 January 2017. From the start of the contract existing hybrid buses will be used with fully electric buses taking over during October 2017.

markcf83

Quote from: jc on August 31, 2016, 07:41:22 PM

No problem. They were at Barking as 36268 to 279. Arriva,being them,haven't numbered them consecutively.

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route         Current Operator                New Operator                           PVR     Vehicles         

101             Stagecoach East London    Blue Triangle                                12      2010 Euro V diesel double deck

167             Blue Triangle                       Stagecoach East London          TBC     New Euro VI diesel single deck

238 (24h)    Stagecoach East London     Stagecoach East London             12      2012 Euro V diesel double deck

362             Blue Triangle                       Stagecoach East London               3     New Euro VI diesel single deck

379             Arriva London North            London General                              2     Diesel single deck (details TBC)

397             Arriva London North            CT Plus                                          6     New Euro VI diesel single deck

462             Blue Triangle                       Stagecoach East London               8     New Euro VI diesel single deck

549             Docklands Buses                Stagecoach East London               1     New Euro VI diesel single deck

667             Blue Triangle                       Blue Triangle                                  2     2009 Euro IV diesel double deck

677             new route                            Stagecoach East London          TBC     2012 Euro V diesel double deck

678             Arriva London North            Stagecoach East London               4     2012 Euro V diesel double deck

R1              Metrobus                            Metrobus                                       6     2011 Euro V diesel single deck

R2              Metrobus                            Metrobus                                       3     Diesel single deck (details TBC)

R3              Metrobus                            Metrobus                                       7     2011 Euro V diesel single deck

R4              Metrobus                            Metrobus                                       6     Diesel single deck (details TBC)

R6              Metrobus                            Metrobus                                       2     Diesel single deck (details TBC)

R8              Metrobus                            Metrobus                                       2     New Euro VI diesel single deck

R11            Metrobus                            Metrobus                                       9     Diesel single deck (details TBC)

Contracts will commence on the following dates:

4th March 2017: Routes 101 & 238.

11th March 2017: Routes 167, 362, 379, 397, 549, 667 & 677.

25th March 2017: Route 462.

1st April 2017: Routes 678, R1, R2, R3, R4, R6, R8 & R11.

(a) Routes R1 & R3 will use buses currently allocated to routes R1 & R4.
(b) Route 101 will use buses currently allocated to routes EL1 & EL2.
(c) Route 238 will use the current bus allocation plus two buses from route 101.
(d) Route 667 will use the current bus allocation.
(e) Routes 677 & 678 will use buses currently allocated to route 101.

All the above routes are awarded as specified, subject to consultation where appropriate. Please note the following:

Route R1 is rerouted via Tower Road. Monday to Saturday daytime frequency reduced to 3bph.

Route R2 is withdrawn between Petts Wood and Orpington (replaced by R3).

Route R3 is withdrawn between Chelsfield and Orpington (replaced by extension of R7) and rerouted via Amherst Drive. Monday to Saturday daytime frequency increased to 3bph, evening and Sunday frequency increased to 2bph.

Route R11 will no longer serve Sidcup Tesco. Monday to Saturday daytime frequency increased to 5bph, evening and Sunday frequency increased to 3bph.

Route 167 is awarded on the basis of withdrawing the section of route between Loughton and Debden. New route 677 provides a replacement facility for school movements.

Routes 362 & the 549 are awarded on the basis of widened headways at peak (362) or all day (549).

JoNi

While on 146 in Downe a female boarded and said "Single to Bromley please". Driver said we don't take money any more. Lad behind with Oyster said I can wave and pay so after swiping his card the female was able to travel after giving lad her fare.

Stuharris 6360

Latest New Routemaster News:

Routemasters are at last beginning to appear on route 189 after the problems with Brent Cross Bus Station have been solved.

The next route to be converted is the 253 and most have been buses have been delivered, however they are currently stored awaiting oyster readers (oyster readers have been out of stock for the last two months). Spare Routemasters from route 73 are however being used on the 253 when available.

London Central route 21 will follow the 253.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk