News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Tony on November 30, 2017, 07:16:24 PM
It has a buyer, another operator, but needs some work before it leaves Hockley
Thanks for the info.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: Tony on November 30, 2017, 07:14:26 PM
It was, but has never been collected.
I'm guessing it will be in a scrapyard soon then! Wasn't 4031 the President that had an arson attack on the Pershore Road back in late 2010? There use to be a video on YouTube, I'm sure it had the green frequency branding for the Pershore Road?

Tony

Two more departures from Miller Street today

1462 to Trevor Wigley (found to have too much rot to go into the training fleet)
4067 donated to Birmingham Round Table Breakfast for conversion into a sleeping/cooking/help area for the homeless. I delivered it to a private residence in the outskirts of Stratford upon Avon this afternoon

Nxwm

6023 & 6024 seen on Aston expressway on tow wonder if they are being scarapped now @Tony

Tony

Quote from: Nxwm on December 19, 2017, 10:23:28 AM
6023 & 6024 seen on Aston expressway on tow wonder if they are being scarapped now @Tony

Yes, both off to PVS, two more leaving tomorrow

paulb1973

Quote from: Tony on December 19, 2017, 11:38:28 AM

Looking at the main fleet list - these buses have gone Reserve - sold for scrap without ever being 'withdrawn' ! 54-plates going for scrap seems a bit odd somehow.

winston

Quote from: Tony on December 19, 2017, 11:38:28 AM

That should clear a bit of room at Miller St

paulb1973

Quote from: Winston on December 19, 2017, 04:58:18 PM
That should clear a bit of room at Miller St

They've only managed a modest 12 years in service - not a lot these days (might not even be that long). I'm sure it was five years ago when the 6001-9/11 batch were carted off for scrap after mostly being withdrawn the year before.

winston

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 19, 2017, 05:28:59 PM
They've only managed a modest 12 years in service - not a lot these days (might not even be that long). I'm sure it was five years ago when the 6001-9/11 batch were carted off for scrap after mostly being withdrawn the year before.

The Scania Bendi's have fallen foul of the light weight / fuel efficient revolution, their carrying capacity doesn't stack up compared with their operating costs.

The fact they're being scrapped at 12 years old backs up the above, as no other operator is interested in taking them on.

paulb1973

Quote from: Winston on December 19, 2017, 07:18:27 PM
The Scania Bendi's have fallen foul of the light weight / fuel efficient revolution, their carrying capacity doesn't stack up compared with their operating costs.

The fact they're being scrapped at 12 years old backs up the above, as no other operator is interested in taking them on.

Yes, so it seems. I suspect NXWM have tried to sell them somewhere - but there were no takers! The Coventry Bendibuses have done well to last 14 years, although they must be on their last legs. The Bendy revolution is about to come to an end, don't think fleet numbers 6033-99 are going to see much use!

winston

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 19, 2017, 07:45:37 PM
Yes, so it seems. I suspect NXWM have tried to sell them somewhere - but there were no takers! The Coventry Bendibuses have done well to last 14 years, although they must be on their last legs. The Bendy revolution is about to come to an end, don't think fleet numbers 6033-99 are going to see much use!

I thought they may have ended their days at NX Ops on Stansted Car Park Shuttles or even Heathrow Airport. But emissions & age were always going to be an issue.

The Bendi revolution never took off, it was just an expensive passing fad. There are First Streetcars available for sale £10k still with no takers

You can't beat the good old double decker bus for carrying the masses, I can't see TFWM bendy buses
For hagley rd happening either , if you look up and down the land the case for  bendy buses just doesn't stack up , leave them at the airports best place for them.

winston

Quote from: 2900 on December 20, 2017, 12:01:55 PM
You can't beat the good old double decker bus for carrying the masses, I can't see TFWM bendy buses
For hagley rd happening either , if you look up and down the land the case for  bendy buses just doesn't stack up , leave them at the airports best place for them.

I agree, if anything they should use high spec double deckers for Sprint, possibly with dual doors. Forget articulated bendi's, complete white elephant

karl724223

High spec duel door six wheeler deckers  now that would be good

DavieDD2

If you need to move high volumes then there can only be one answer and that's the tri-axle 12m double decker, it's worked for decades for KMB, NWFB and Citybus in Hong Kong... could be worth thinking about for NX... https://www.flickr.com/photos/66812080@N03/8282541975/in/album-72157627606532614/, First Glasgow use ALX 500's

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk