News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Looking at @BU07 LGO's picture of 1589, when you zoom in, you can see the writing on red sticker 'Driver Training'. https://flic.kr/p/21oY1x6

Tony

Quote from: P419 EJW on November 13, 2017, 12:55:30 AM
Looking at @BU07 LGO's picture of 1589, when you zoom in, you can see the writing on red sticker 'Driver Training'. https://flic.kr/p/21oY1x6

Despite what a Walsall engineer has written on the 'Do Not move' sticker 1589 is at Walsall for the paintshop to tidy up before donation to a school.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on November 13, 2017, 08:01:53 AM
Despite what a Walsall engineer has written on the 'Do Not move' sticker 1589 is at Walsall for the paintshop to tidy up before donation to a school.

Thanks @Tony.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Tony on November 13, 2017, 08:01:53 AM

Aha, I see! Thank you for the confirmation, @Tony.

mranon

surprised 1689 been withdrawn from training fleet

Tony

Quote from: mranon on November 13, 2017, 07:52:12 PM
surprised 1689 been withdrawn from training fleet

Chassis rotton

Jack

MW

1689 was an awesome bus. I drove it around Coleshill on my way to Coventry Garage from Walsall. It was quick on the A roads. I can't remember the top speed but it was hitting the limiter. The little orange light comes on if I remember correctly.

Quote from: MW on November 13, 2017, 11:44:03 PM
1689 was an awesome bus. I drove it around Coleshill on my way to Coventry Garage from Walsall. It was quick on the A roads. I can't remember the top speed but it was hitting the limiter. The little orange light comes on if I remember correctly.
New to Hockley garage back in 99 great buses these were light years ahead of the metrobuses and Lynx,s , the interiors were way better than the R S reg versions , IMO sounded better to. Miss these beasts, shame they are such rot boxes. Scanias got nothing on the 0405n from a driver point of view. Great fun at night racing these on the 120 race track with its balmy fast running time table.

CL

No harm in asking, in my opinion; I see this is my last resort:

With 1589 & 1647 being prepped for donations at Walsall; will the recipients have any use for any particular parts? i.e. the destination blind gearbox.

I'd hate to come off as a pest, but I have enquired about this before - and I appreciate the answers that I was met with, but they didn't fulfil what I was after. I turned to ask my followers on my bus page on instagram, and I believe it was Helen Walcott who pointed me in the direction of Wythall Transport Museum. Reluctantly, I put it off - knowing that, as a museum, their priority would be to preserve buses rather than supply the avid enthusiast with 'vital' parts. I eventually emailed them and they had politely responded that they do not have the sufficient parts for both myself and them. My problem is that an item of such description is very scarce online. Those that I do find are often either ridiculously expensive/wrong dimensions/too far for delivery. I don't expect something for nothing, I'd be happy to pay for the parts. Of course, all within reason.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

winston

Quote from: Jack on November 10, 2017, 04:20:57 PM
I thought 4031 was sold earlier this year?

4031 is definitely still parked at the bottom on PN reserve fleet yard.

Jack

Quote from: Winston on November 30, 2017, 04:24:23 PM
4031 is definitely still parked at the bottom on PN reserve fleet yard.
It says on its vehicle history it was sold back in February.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on November 30, 2017, 07:08:07 PM
It says on its vehicle history it was sold back in February.

It was, but has never been collected.

4067 should be leaving early next week to a new home

Quote from: Tony on November 30, 2017, 07:14:26 PM
It was, but has never been collected.

4067 should be leaving early next week to a new home
Do you know what's happening to 4023?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on November 30, 2017, 07:15:34 PM
Do you know what's happening to 4023?

It has a buyer, another operator, but needs some work before it leaves Hockley