News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Quote from: Gareth on February 26, 2021, 01:57:04 PM
Not exactly a proper diversion as such, but a genuine enquiry.

If a driver innocently makes a wrong turn, what are the procedures for getting the bus back on its correct route?
Today I witnessed a driver make such wrong turn, and then attempted a U turn right next to a 'No U Turn' traffic sign. The turning circle was too small so he then had to reverse down an adjacent side road to get the bus back the way he came to join the correct line of route.

Now, whilst a little inconvenient for some passengers, there's actually a route he could have taken, missing out only two stops, surely this would have been better?

I think that'd wholly depend on whether the company that the driver drives for allows their drivers to reverse in public without a banksman.

Gareth

Quote from: ellspurs on February 26, 2021, 07:37:54 PM
I think that'd wholly depend on whether the company that the driver drives for allows their drivers to reverse in public without a banksman.

So is the reversing without a banksman more of an offence than doing a U turn where it's not permitted?

ellspurs

Quote from: Gareth on February 26, 2021, 08:12:57 PM
So is the reversing without a banksman more of an offence than doing a U turn where it's not permitted?

Oh, I didn't notice the bit about the U-turn sign. That'd be a big no-no.

DJ

The 42/43/43A are on diversion in Tipton, due to two separate incidents on St Marks Road. The NX services are running along Powis Avenue, whereas the Diamond ones appear to be using Highfield Road at the moment.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Quote from: DJ on February 27, 2021, 06:18:55 PM
The 42/43/43A are on diversion in Tipton, due to two separate incidents on St Marks Road. The NX services are running along Powis Avenue, whereas the Diamond ones appear to be using Highfield Road at the moment.

Why would they not co-ordinate a diversion, especially as it's one of the joint WMB routes?

We had the same problem in Walsall initially last year with the Stafford Street sinkhole, where some buses went down Profitt Street & Marlow Street, some turned at Leamore & went down Leamore Lane & Green Lane. I even heard the odd one had used Hospital Street, & they wasn't supposed to anyway!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on February 27, 2021, 07:54:00 PM
Why would they not co-ordinate a diversion, especially as it's one of the joint WMB routes?

We had the same problem in Walsall initially last year with the Stafford Street sinkhole, where some buses went down Profitt Street & Marlow Street, some turned at Leamore & went down Leamore Lane & Green Lane. I even heard the odd one had used Hospital Street, & they wasn't supposed to anyway!

Road suddenly closed without notice. Let's waste time phoning up the other company to talk about which way to send buses, meanwhile more buses get stuck because they haven't been notified there is a diversion to take

CL

Just passed an 82 & 87 turning from Pershore Street onto Upper Dean Street - following a diversion from another diversion

original diversion
https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1369953829270257666?s=21

new diversion - due to broken down vehicle
https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1369959756266344452?s=21
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Sh4318

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but because Londonderry Lane is closed in the direction coming from the Queens Head.

The 89s are diverted towards West Bromwich, from:
Thimblemill Road, around the roundabout onto Queens Road, right on Basons Lane, right at the traffic lights onto Manor Road, left at the lights onto Stoney Lane and back to normal route

Queens Road was closed a couple of weeks ago (the section of Queens Head before the roundabout) in the direction towards the Queens Head, therefore 48/48As from West Bromwich were diverted from Basons Lane onto Warley Road, then back to normal route
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Westy

Gas explosion earlier in the morning right beside the M6 bridge on Darlaston Road, Pleck, so the Walsall to Darlaston corridor buses have been diverted via J9 & the Retail Park, coming out past IKEA, rejoining the normal route by the bingo.

SK68MEV

incident at the bottom of washwood heath road at the roundabout police have sealed it off 94 & 55 on diversion both on a different diversion route from city surprisingly 55 is using alum rock road and high field road from city and the 94 is using heartlands parkway and aston church road from city but too city it's aston church road and heartlands parkway
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

DJ

WN25 and 82 seem to be diverted along Proud's Lane in Bilston/Stowlawn, avoiding Mount Pleasant and the southern part of Moseley Road. I'm told it's due to them digging up Mount Pleasant.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

CL

11s on diversion from a diversion

had counted at least 4/5 buses stuck at a road block on Western Road/Crabtree Road in Winson Green due to a police incident
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

11A/11C diverting via Bordesley Green East, Belchers Lane, Alum Rock Road, Washwood Heath Road, u turn by Southern Road, Bromford Lane (Fox & Goose). Saw them turning left from Washwood Heath Rd to Bromford Lane.

Also 4916 went right at Fox & Goose onto Coleshill Road displaying 14 Chelmsley Wood via Alum Rock.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SK68MEV

Quote from: 2206 on April 18, 2021, 04:35:16 PM
11A/11C diverting via Bordesley Green East, Belchers Lane, Alum Rock Road, Washwood Heath Road, u turn by Southern Road, Bromford Lane (Fox & Goose). Saw them turning left from Washwood Heath Rd to Bromford Lane.

Also 4916 went right at Fox & Goose onto Coleshill Road displaying 14 Chelmsley Wood via Alum Rock.
rtc opposite shell garage been a hit on run must be serious as they have closed off both sides of the dual carriageway 14s are running in twos and 11s are running in two the actual diversion route is meant to be belchers lane so i'm not sure why they are doing a uturn on washwood heath road

Diversion on route 14

The following service has been diverted due to a Road Traffic Collision.

From City:
Burney Lane Island , Fox & Goose, Coleshill Heath Rd, Hunters Moon, Stechford Rd, Hodge Hill Rd
Cole Hall Lane.

the 11 is not listed on twitter

edit - it's now on birmingham mail the man has sadly passed away

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-updates-road-closed-after-20413026

Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

The Fox 4846

How come the 28 and 997 are diverting down Old Oscott Lane instead of using Aldridge road and days road?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk