News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 26, 2021, 04:19:52 PM
Sorry @bususer28 I don't know as I don't live in Birmingham... I don't know if @Dom or @Tony will know?

If you don't know, then why answer?

Quote from: bususer28 on January 26, 2021, 04:15:50 PM
Looks like YW 18 is still terminating at Bangham Pit but where exactly do the buses turn, is it at the triangle leading down to Moors Lane (the last time that happened to me, the dot matrix displayed Ley Hill!) or do they contine down Genners Lane and terminate at Newman?

Well I don't know, but its a moot point now, looks like its back on full route now.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Very long diversion on the 55/94 earlier. Via Bromford Lane & Heartlands Parkway. Saw 94 Gemini doing it on Bromford Lane. Completly missing out the busiest section of the route through Ward End and Washwood Heath as well, Fox & Goose to Saltley Island.

Returned to normal line of route now. But you can see it on Claribels tracking on bus times as well.
https://bustimes.org/services/94-birmingham-chelmsley-wood-via-ward-end/vehicles?date=2021-01-26#journeys/101998295

edit - Just done search for Washwood Heath Road, Ward End and found this.
"Armed Police swarmed Washwood Heath Road earlier today after reports of gun and knife activity."
So explains the helicopter earlier as well as the diversion.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9188891/Armed-police-arrest-bloodied-shirtless-suspects-city-centre-machete-attack.html
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on January 26, 2021, 06:21:03 PM
Very long diversion on the 55/94 earlier. Via Bromford Lane & Heartlands Parkway. Saw 94 Gemini doing it on Bromford Lane. Completly missing out the busiest section of the route through Ward End and Washwood Heath as well, Fox & Goose to Saltley Island.

Returned to normal line of route now. But you can see it on Claribels tracking on bus times as well.
https://bustimes.org/services/94-birmingham-chelmsley-wood-via-ward-end/vehicles?date=2021-01-26#journeys/101998295

edit - Just done search for Washwood Heath Road, Ward End and found this.
"Armed Police swarmed Washwood Heath Road earlier today after reports of gun and knife activity."
So explains the helicopter earlier as well as the diversion.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9188891/Armed-police-arrest-bloodied-shirtless-suspects-city-centre-machete-attack.html

I saw that diversion earlier listed on the NWM site, but all Birmingham Mail was listing was a police chase that ended on the Aston Expressway (for which there was no listed diversion!) and the usual thing happening in Lozells. I didn't reference it here as I couldn't find the reason for the diversion.

I liked that the Claribels diversion was listed as "via Outer Circle to Heartlands Parkway" or something to that effect.

SK68MEV

Quote from: ellspurs on January 26, 2021, 07:23:37 PM
I saw that diversion earlier listed on the NWM site, but all Birmingham Mail was listing was a police chase that ended on the Aston Expressway (for which there was no listed diversion!) and the usual thing happening in Lozells. I didn't reference it here as I couldn't find the reason for the diversion.

I liked that the Claribels diversion was listed as "via Outer Circle to Heartlands Parkway" or something to that effect.
that's something else mate these men were captured in city
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

I was walking down Coleshill Road towards Fox & Goose at about 7 tonight and Stechford Road had been closed off.
One of the 55 Tridents came up to the Island at the Hunters Moon went round the Island twice and went back down Coleshill Road towards Fox & Goose, the way it had come.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: 2206 on February 01, 2021, 08:04:06 PM
I was walking down Coleshill Road towards Fox & Goose at about 7 tonight and Stechford Road had been closed off.
One of the 55 Tridents came up to the Island at the Hunters Moon went round the Island twice and went back down Coleshill Road towards Fox & Goose, the way it had come.
Lots of overnight diversions/road closures.
A4040 is closed off south of the Fox & Goose.
Stechford Road is closed off at Hunters Moon Island towards Chelmsley only.

28 towards Old Oscott - Is diverting via Alum Rock Road and Washwood Heath Road doing the u turn by Southern Road. As is the 14.
14/11A/11C are using Coleshill Road.
Think 14/55 towards Chelmsley and 11C will be using Bucklands End Lane as well I think, as they are unable to use Stechford Road, the 11A I saw at that end of Coleshill Road used Stechford Road (6703).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Stu

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2021, 06:44:55 PM
Stratford Road closed for up to 4 weeks between Aldi & Camp Hill, Long diversions for all services

@Tony I was told by a driver on the 3 the other morning as I got off at the first stop on Walford Road, that the garage had instructed drivers not to call at or drop off at this stop any more, is this true?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on February 05, 2021, 06:02:24 PM
@Tony I was told by a driver on the 3 the other morning as I got off at the first stop on Walford Road, that the garage had instructed drivers not to call at or drop off at this stop any more, is this true?

I haven't heard that, but it doesn't mean it is not correct.

BrumKev86

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 05, 2021, 03:12:14 PM
A major diversion starts tonight due the demolition of the Perry Barr Flyover
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/perry-barr-a34-diversion-from-friday-5th-february-until-monday-8th-february-2021

Surprised to see the 997, 937,935 and 934 serving One Stop ( Sat and sun daytime only) thought it would just go down Aston Lane and WellHead Lane. Presume it's then going up Walsall Road then Church Road to get to Perry Park

Seems the 33 and 907 going Aston Lane and Wellhead  Lane and missing it's One Stop altogether . Gonna be a few confused people at One Stop especially when they see the 997,934,935 or 937 pulling in but no usual 33 or 907 :D
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

ellspurs

The 94 was on diversion in Smith's Wood today. Windward Way is being resurfaced on the back end (that no bus uses) but they had the slip road from the A452/B4114 roundabout closed.

I saw a 16 branded 94 on the Chester Road part of the diversion as I was heading in to work. Would've made for a rather unique picture if I hadn't been driving at the time.

Gareth

Not exactly a proper diversion as such, but a genuine enquiry.

If a driver innocently makes a wrong turn, what are the procedures for getting the bus back on its correct route?
Today I witnessed a driver make such wrong turn, and then attempted a U turn right next to a 'No U Turn' traffic sign. The turning circle was too small so he then had to reverse down an adjacent side road to get the bus back the way he came to join the correct line of route.

Now, whilst a little inconvenient for some passengers, there's actually a route he could have taken, missing out only two stops, surely this would have been better?

Quote from: Gareth on February 26, 2021, 01:57:04 PM
Now, whilst a little inconvenient for some passengers, there's actually a route he could have taken, missing out only two stops, surely this would have been better?
What route?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on February 26, 2021, 02:04:22 PM
What route?

I've been deliberately vague, wouldn't be right to publicly identify route, bus, time or location.

mesub

Quote from: Gareth on February 26, 2021, 04:58:07 PM
I’ve been deliberately vague, wouldn’t be right to publicly identify route, bus, time or location.

Wise choice
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk