News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 07, 2014, 03:04:44 PM
Quote from: Nathan on December 07, 2014, 02:43:14 PM
Any idea why Harbourne services are using Hagley Rd?

Roadworks on Calthorpe Road

Any idea how long roadworks there for?

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 07, 2014, 05:09:53 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 07, 2014, 03:04:44 PM
Quote from: Nathan on December 07, 2014, 02:43:14 PM
Any idea why Harbourne services are using Hagley Rd?

Roadworks on Calthorpe Road

Any idea how long roadworks there for?

It had been cleared by this evening, my 1 took the usual route down Calthorpe Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

It sounded like fun and games in Sutton today, with Lower Parade and South Parade shut due to a gas leak. All buses using Brassingtpn Avenue, stopping by a temporary stop on Victoria Road by McDonalds. 902/5s then had to loop round again to go up Mill Street. It sounded quite chaotic at times over the radio at times. Last I heard, it is shut all night too

Stu

Was a 'police incident' earlier on Warwick Road in Tyseley; 37s were being diverted via Westley Road, Olton Boulevard West and Reddings Lane in both directions.

Traffic was horrendous as a result, so I got off by Battery Way and walked rest of the way home. The incident had happened between Wharfedale Road and Knights Road, looks like a car had collided with a police car, no idea exactly what happened though. There were three 37s stuck there, all empty and showing 'Not In Service'.

Think its cleared up now.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

the trainbasher

I thought they were now RTCs (Road Traffic Collisions)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

domino.99

Quote from: Matt on December 27, 2014, 03:25:20 PM
244 on diversion in Hasbury due to an RTA

Do you know the diversion Matt?

domino.99

Quote from: Matt on December 27, 2014, 05:36:53 PM
Dom - apparently the diversion was to do the loop the opposite way round, then turn at the Harvester island and go back round the loop

Is it back to normal now?

Matt.N0056

Building fire on park street in birmingham city centre causing park street and Jennens rd in to city to be closed!

John

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on January 03, 2015, 01:59:44 PM
Building fire on park street in birmingham city centre causing park street and Jennens rd in to city to be closed!

Strange seeing the 55s, 66s and 94s going round Lancaster Circus! A Claribels 55 even went over Lancaster on the A38 overpass. It had no passengers on as far as I could see, but had 55 on the display. The Priory Queensway was quite congested too with all of the extra buses using it (17s, 97s, Suttons, Birchfield Rd services)  The only was I could think for the 65/7s of from Dale End is down The Priory, turn right and up Moor Street to Carrs Lane, and High St/Albert St to turn round to face the right way on The Priory Queensway

I had no first radio call so was unaware of the closure on my inbound 902, I was lucky that I had a 115 in front of me at Lancaster who turned into Dale End, otherwise I would have been screwed  ::) I only heard it come over the radio around 4 this afternoon while leaving Sutton for City on my last trip

Kevin

Just seen a 900 and 17 come all the way up to Old Square to turn round, guess they found out too late and panicked cause they could quite easily go round and back up by hotel last tour, that bits open again

EDIT
Ok, maybe it's closed again, a 97 just did the same
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

trident4370

That explains why I saw one of the ex Walsall Scanias turning from Digbeth onto Moat Lane on the 66, presumably a driver didn't make the turn into Carrs Lane!

Matt.N0056

Quote from: trident4370 on January 03, 2015, 09:19:41 PM
That explains why I saw one of the ex Walsall Scanias turning from Digbeth onto Moat Lane on the 66, presumably a driver didn't make the turn into Carrs Lane!

I saw a scania going down Cardigan Street and a few buses (14,55,66,94) came down Moor St from Digbeth so obviously followed a different diversion

Ossie

Quote from: John on January 03, 2015, 05:33:45 PM
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on January 03, 2015, 01:59:44 PM

I had no first radio call so was unaware of the closure on my inbound 902, I was lucky that I had a 115 in front of me at Lancaster who turned into Dale End, otherwise I would have been screwed  ::) I only heard it come over the radio around 4 this afternoon while leaving Sutton for City on my last trip

Ah, that explains it, John ! ---- coming back from the Hawthorns , I was at the Square Peg for a Sutton Lines bus@ 17:30 this evening, and wondered what all the buses were doing, coming out onto the Old Square from the Law Courts ......

trident4370

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on January 03, 2015, 09:27:50 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on January 03, 2015, 09:19:41 PM

I saw a scania going down Cardigan Street and a few buses (14,55,66,94) came down Moor St from Digbeth so obviously followed a different diversion

Ahh that'll be why then thanks, I barely caught it at all as it only started happening as I was going home!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk