News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Last step entry buses

Started by sconehead85, July 25, 2012, 02:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Saw a 51 plate Wright bodied decker moving in the yard at Cannock today in arriva livery, wonder where thats destined for

Tony

The step entrance dart, 2038,  is out on the X1 to Stafford today

http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/2038.html

Bob

nx4737

4650 Was on X50 Uttoxeter short workings today...

http://flic.kr/p/cU93N3

arrivaaston

someone help me!! is this bus withdrawn, keep seeing it in cannocks yard then it goes then its back, it a 'reserve', 'withdrawn' or still in use??

Shanestreet

I hope its still in use as i think its a good bus dont no what others think  :)

arrivaaston

WAS a good bus but now as most will agree its what we call a total heap

nx4737

I remember Tamwroth having a couple of those...

2200 Bus

Just like the training buses this is an absolute beast!

sconehead85

arrivaston-  According to the fleetlist the only step Scanias left are 3415-7/9/91, and these may not survive the forthcoming Mercedes buses.  Some N-PUTs are with TGM, but theyre darn sarf.
About a dozen step Scania sds remain with Arriva TGM.

sconehead85

arrivaaston

could these be ideal for use as driver trainers or maybe convert a couple the same way former 3423 was converted?

arrivaaston

i was wondering what 3468 was used for though because sometimes its in cannocks yard with other unused buses then it seems to disapear then come back

sconehead85

Just I hope a helpful suggestion arrivaaston- it might be better to combine your topics about Arrivas step Scanias in my thread "Last AM and Wardle step entrance buses" which could answer your queries.  Its probably about time the Scanias replaced the older driver training buses.Apart from the Scanias 3415-7/9/91 the only other stepped buses   are with Wardle. 

sconehead85

arrivaaston

thank you sconhead85, i didnt realise there was was a subject about double stepppers etc

sconehead85

The article is about all step entry buses bar Mercedes minibuses as these arent used on normal bus routes.

sconehead85

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk