News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

The constant anti-hydrogen bashing is also another thing that's getting boring. It's completely out of NX's control with the situation that's ongoing at the moment. Yet people will still find a way to have a dig!

Wba_lad

I like streetdecks, and the I certainly like the hydrogen designed ones, however as stated the fuel issue is letting them down, meaning I doubt Nx will consider hydrogens after the issues they are causing at the moment, hopefully in the near future there becomes more hydrogen fueling stations. Maybe with more fueling stations or maybe a garage with a hydrogen fuel station such as Walsall will allow the hydrogen process to be much easier. This would also then allow them to go on any route really as won't need designated hydrogen boards if they have fuelling facilities at the garage.

However hydrogen buses don't seem to be the only buses causing issues at the moment, electric buses seem to be all over the news at the moment, I know National express haven't had this issue yet but from what I have heard from a National express driver they have been told if a electric catches fire just leave it to burn, there is no way of stopping any sort of electric vehicle from burning, you have to just leave them to burn out themselves, which makes me wonder what would happen if one caught fire at National express Coventry depot because how close together the buses are parked in garages if something happenes like the incident with 4601 at Walsall garage if one goes up then another one goes up could be a nasty fire with no way of stopping it either. How would this work? 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 25, 2024, 08:51:17 PMI like streetdecks, and the I certainly like the hydrogen designed ones, however as stated the fuel issue is letting them down, meaning I doubt Nx will consider hydrogens after the issues they are causing at the moment, hopefully in the near future there becomes more hydrogen fueling stations. Maybe with more fueling stations or maybe a garage with a hydrogen fuel station such as Walsall will allow the hydrogen process to be much easier. This would also then allow them to go on any route really as won't need designated hydrogen boards if they have fuelling facilities at the garage.

However hydrogen buses don't seem to be the only buses causing issues at the moment, electric buses seem to be all over the news at the moment, I know National express haven't had this issue yet but from what I have heard from a National express driver they have been told if a electric catches fire just leave it to burn, there is no way of stopping any sort of electric vehicle from burning, you have to just leave them to burn out themselves, which makes me wonder what would happen if one caught fire at National express Coventry depot because how close together the buses are parked in garages if something happenes like the incident with 4601 at Walsall garage if one goes up then another one goes up could be a nasty fire with no way of stopping it either. How would this work?
Can we just stop this please !

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on January 25, 2024, 09:10:02 PMCan we just stop this please !
Agreed everyone's sick of it. Its not NX fault so its a lost cause for everyone constantly whinging!

Wba_lad

Quote from: Jack on January 25, 2024, 09:36:04 PMAgreed everyone's sick of it. Its not NX fault so its a lost cause for everyone constantly whinging!
I didn't say it was NXs fault I was just saying hopefully it gets sorted so Nx will consider getting more hydrogen buses 

Tony

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on January 25, 2024, 07:43:26 PMIMHO time to discontinue this Hydrogen Farce, go All Electric, much more reliable good for toasting Marshmallows aswell (other companies vehicles have a tendancy to catch fire) on any given day most if not all Hydrogen buses are off the road (waste of money IMHO)  :embarrassed:

You insist on posting this rubbish about electrics being a fire risk

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on January 26, 2024, 08:24:28 AMYou insist on posting this rubbish about electrics being a fire risk
what i said was what i have seen on social media, a company or garage that had 28 electrics have withdrawn ALL vehicles after fires (shown in a video) several London Electrics have caught fire, the latest one was at Putney in garage
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Celestial Toymaker

3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Tony

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on January 27, 2024, 01:57:36 PMwhat i said was what i have seen on social media, a company or garage that had 28 electrics have withdrawn ALL vehicles after fires (shown in a video) several London Electrics have caught fire, the latest one was at Putney in garage

3 fires in over a thousand vehicles in 10 years is not my definition of several, as a comparison Stagecoach Highlands had three diesel fires one year in a fleet of around 150. Last year NX had zero thermal incidents other than arson despite operating 163 electric vehicles

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on January 27, 2024, 02:09:42 PM3 fires in over a thousand vehicles in 10 years is not my definition of several, as a comparison Stagecoach Highlands had three diesel fires one year in a fleet of around 150. Last year NX had zero thermal incidents other than arson despite operating 163 electric vehicles
well finally your more chilled towards me

i was only asking a polite question - thank you for your input

for the record, Electric Buses are ok, long overdue to be honest, this move towards electric vehicles (as a whole) should have happened in the 80's
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Bob

Might be a daft question, but once whatever issues have been sorted out, are there still plans to X51 them as far as Cannock? Think the reason they werent was to do with sone trees en route needing trimming 

PB50

Quote from: Bob on February 05, 2024, 07:03:40 AMMight be a daft question, but once whatever issues have been sorted out, are there still plans to X51 them as far as Cannock? Think the reason they werent was to do with sone trees en route needing trimming
But when are the issues going to be sorted out as this is another week where they will be just sitting up the depot, no fault to National Express.

Lynx1103

No Hydrogen been out since Friday 26 January due to fueling issues. 

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: Lynx1103 on February 05, 2024, 09:57:58 AMNo Hydrogen been out since Friday 26 January due to fueling issues.
This may be a silly question, but when are they due to be back in service?
5/51/X51/529

Mayfield

How long is a piece of string 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk