News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Is there a Hydro doing a X51 board, as I spotted one going up Bloxwich Road towards Cannock about half 6 this morning?

PB50

Quote from: Westy on November 13, 2023, 07:03:56 AMIs there a Hydro doing a X51 board, as I spotted one going up Bloxwich Road towards Cannock about half 6 this morning?
Didn't think they could go to Cannock because of a tree along the route being on private land causing them trouble.

Tony

Quote from: PB50 on November 13, 2023, 08:32:39 AMDidn't think they could go to Cannock because of a tree along the route being on private land causing them trouble.
No idea where the silly private land story has come from. The only reason they didn't go to Cannock was waiting for a tree to be trimmed.

don

Quote from: Tony on November 13, 2023, 08:38:55 AMNo idea where the silly private land story has come from. The only reason they didn't go to Cannock was waiting for a tree to be trimmed.
I think there was one on the 997 at one point where there was difficulty stated on here getting it trimmed, which may be the source of that confusion. I'm pretty sure they've been on the X51 before (although possibly short workings?)

I seem to remember there was either a Highways Act or Road Traffic Regulation Act provision regarding trimming overhanging trees (planted on private land) for safety reasons but possibly subject to giving notice (thus a slightly longer process). 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Wba_lad

Is it true the hydrogen buses aren't staying at Walsall due to planning permission being refused to have refill facilities being refused if so where will they go to.

Westy

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 01, 2023, 12:05:31 PMIs it true the hydrogen buses aren't staying at Walsall due to planning permission being refused to have refill facilities being refused if so where will they go to.
If true, suspect a depot without residential within spitting distance?

Would've said Pensnett, as we know that is on a Trading Estate, but seeing they got shot of the diesel ones to Walsall, maybe not.

Whatever replaces Brum Central, I guess otherwise, unless they get shot of them completely?

Isnt there facillities at Perry Barr, or planned to be?

Does the planning permission issue affect electric charging equipment as well?

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 01, 2023, 12:05:31 PMIs it true the hydrogen buses aren't staying at Walsall due to planning permission being refused to have refill facilities being refused if so where will they go to.
Depends on where you heard this from.

There's no such planning application listed on the Walsall council website.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on December 01, 2023, 02:01:56 PMDepends on where you heard this from.

There's no such planning application listed on the Walsall council website.

Similar story to 'Can't run to Cannock because Staffordshire Fire service won't accept them' all stupid stories invented by people to fit their agenda. 

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on December 01, 2023, 02:17:50 PMSimilar story to 'Can't run to Cannock because Staffordshire Fire service won't accept them' all stupid stories invented by people to fit their agenda.
A Nx employee said this I just wanted to make sure weather it was true or not.

don

Quote from: Westy on December 01, 2023, 01:56:12 PMIf true, suspect a depot without residential within spitting distance?

Would've said Pensnett, as we know that is on a Trading Estate

I've heard there's plenty of hot air there already so not exactly new 😀🤣
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 01, 2023, 03:12:21 PMA Nx employee said this I just wanted to make sure weather it was true or not.
Clearly someone saw you coming then! :rolleyes:

I suspect there are a fair few NX employees who like to feed 'duff information' to enthusiasts, just to see how far it spreads.
My locals:

cardew

Quote from: Stu on December 01, 2023, 05:06:09 PMClearly someone saw you coming then! :rolleyes:

I suspect there are a fair few NX employees who like to feed 'duff information' to enthusiasts, just to see how far it spreads.

To be fair I did read this somewhere a while ago (can't recall where) but didn't find anything on the Walsall planning site to back it up 

Stu

Quote from: cardew on December 01, 2023, 05:17:15 PMTo be fair I did read this somewhere a while ago (can't recall where) but didn't find anything on the Walsall planning site to back it up
Exactly, a planning application can't be refused if one hasn't been submitted.

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place?
My locals:

Wba_lad

Quote from: Stu on December 01, 2023, 05:06:09 PMClearly someone saw you coming then! :rolleyes:

I do apologise I just wanted to ask

Mayfield

The hydrogens appear to be very religious, not done any work since the 22nd.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk