News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

X8 Birmingham To Wolverhampton via Dudley

Started by richardjones210368, January 27, 2020, 08:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

I am delighted to be using the X8 tomorrow and look forward to reviewing the new timetable introduced yesterday for the first time  and its operations in a constructive manner. I have created a thread aside from the WN thread to ring fence the X8 from other services operated by WN as it is a subject to be raised under Any Other Business at the TfWM Bus Champion's meeting tomorrow for consideration. I will update the forum in due course of the matter raised.

mesub

I'm very interested to see how you find the new timetable.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

richardjones210368

Quote from: mesub on January 27, 2020, 09:20:54 PM
I'm very interested to see how you find the new timetable.
This thread is not intended for me constantly bashing the bus service but for the long terms plans for the X8 and improvements circulated.

richardjones210368

Just to confirm so far so good the new timetable on the X8 is working excellently and the bus departed The Market Place at the timetabled departure time of 06.48 This Morning. Full credit to West Midlands Travel Ltd & WN for thier sucessfull operation of the service This Morning.

richardjones210368

Review of 06.48 X8 from Market Place:
1. The X8 arrived at The Market Place at 06.48 at the time registered with the OfTC which WMT should be congratulated on.
2. Overall Customer Service is still poor despite wishing the driver Good Morning on boarding & Thank You on alighting the driver sat transfixed like a Tussards dummy and made no attempt to acknowledge the gesture.
3. The overall driving standards were also poor as the drivers skills would be perhaps more suited to the Paris - Dakar Rally than Hagley Rd.
4. Unless someones Colostomy Bag had burst the bus had the strange aroma of poo and Woodbines which is common on the X8.
5. The bus had obviously not be cleaned from service yesterday as I was not only enjoying a copy of today's Metro but yesterdays as well however the McDonalds vouchers are always useful.
6.Conclusions:
The Customer Service side & the standard of the vehicle are still far from Plantnum and this devalues the brand compared with the standards set by PN on the X10 however the bus operated within the parameters of its statutory reqiirements to the OfTC & on this occasion WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LIMITED should be aplauded.
7.Overall Rating
7 out of 10.

mesub

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 28, 2020, 07:18:09 AM
Just to confirm so far so good the new timetable on the X8 is working excellently and the bus departed The Market Place at the timetabled departure time of 06.48 This Morning. Full credit to West Midlands Travel Ltd & WN for thier sucessfull operation of the service This Morning.

Hallelujah!
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

richardjones210368

Quote from: mesub on January 28, 2020, 08:09:26 AM
Hallelujah!
The new timetable worked well this morning and was I encouraged by its performance compered with previously Hallelujah indeed.

Trident 4194

don

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 28, 2020, 10:32:18 AM
Can I make a 4H thread?! 😂😂

Let's hope not - is that the service used by the 'Hayley Green' mafioso?! I've heard one of the operators allows its network-wide tickets to be used in Bolton, Lancs where famously a large number of holes once appeared - just a day in one's life I guess.

Anyway, I'm not a mod (thankfully - never could stand Lambrettas and Vespas), but surely the best bet is just to not read the stuff?

It's just @Richard's observations on his daily commute to the West Midlands Constipation Academy's offices and other related (to him) destinations. I just wish he would also post (on the Rotala thread) his experiences on those little blue buses you get on other routes in the Blackheath area - I'm sure they'd like to hear about erroneous crisp bags, old ladies with nowhere to put their shopping bags etc etc owing to the specification of the vehicles, and driving style on the low(ish) floor delivery van-type vehicles.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: karl724223 on January 28, 2020, 10:31:24 AM
Again I totally agree with this comment

Me too. Did you drive the last built Metrobuses which ran on the 137 (3118-3124 I think)?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Jack

I agree with every comment here too, bloody X8.

karl724223

Quote from: don on January 28, 2020, 11:02:22 AM
Me too. Did you drive the last built Metrobuses which ran on the 137 (3118-3124 I think)?
yes I did at hartshill

richardjones210368

@Tony your not by a sheer chance with the RPO MOB checking the tickets on 16/74 are you by Great Hampton Street I am just walking up from your excellent 8 service to The Mayors Palace and thought what a shock it would be to meet as I head to discuss the X8 with WMT , TfWM , WMCA and other stakeholders which is the purpose of this thread nothing to do with  either WMT bashing or Blackheath now that would really would  make your day wouldn't it!

richardjones210368

I am delighted to inform everyone that meeting went excellent the X8 was taken offline in Any Other Business and the major concerns taken onboard by WMT and TfWM and the process of better regulation of the service taken onboard a process of route monitoring will commence and in the long term the service will be improved for the benefit of all stakeholders and just one other point I am exactly the same in my professional life as at today's meetings as I am on the forum no difference.

richardjones210368

ROM FEBRUARY 2020:
1. The future structure of bus services were agreed today.
The West Midands Bus Allliance board led by Cllr Kath Hartley and other stakeholders will oversee  West Midlands Bus Services
2. The bus operators will form a West Midlands Bus Operators Board and will report directly to the WMBA
3. Further Sub Groups will be formed to oversee:
Safer Partnership Group
Passengers Satisfaction Group
Sub Bus Operators Group
Connections Group
Community & Accessible Group
All the above will report to the WMBA Board
4. The role of the Bus Champions will be changed to work in all the other groups above
5. The Next West Midlands Bus Service run by the WMCA will be the old 410 the 40 with both NXWM & Diamond signing an Enhanced Partnership.

I am sure you will all agree a new decade and a new start for
West Midlands Bus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk