News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

INIT - Ticket Machines

Started by Jack D, September 28, 2017, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Was on way home on 529 other night and saw a passenger got a QR code from the NXWM ticket app on his phone and was trying to scan it on the scanner but the driver just let him on. Didn't realise NXWM ticket app got QR code and how would one scan a QR code on the scanner?

Tony

Quote from: P419 EJW on February 16, 2018, 01:38:33 PM
Was on way home on 529 other night and saw a passenger got a QR code from the NXWM ticket app on his phone and was trying to scan it on the scanner but the driver just let him on. Didn't realise NXWM ticket app got QR code and how would one scan a QR code on the scanner?

NXBus don't use QR codes (NX Coach do)

Jack

Have all AG buses had the new machines?

P419 EJW

Quote from: Tony on February 16, 2018, 01:59:42 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

Stu

Quote from: P419 EJW on February 16, 2018, 01:38:33 PM

Quote from: Tony on February 16, 2018, 01:59:42 PM

When my brother was up from London over Christmas, I introduced him to the NX mTicket app, and he used it to buy a Group Daysaver for him and his girlfriend. Before we got on the bus he showed me his screen, asking what he was supposed to do with it. The mTicket showed a QR code at the top, but when I got him to scroll up, it showed the colour boxes, which I told him to show to the driver.

I'd never seen or used the mTicket app myself before, but it definitely did show a QR code for the ticket my brother purchased.

I have observed on the BC Platinums that the Init card reader device does appear to have something at the bottom that could be a QR code reader, looks like a clear window. However, the way these devices are mounted in the Wright Eclipses at Pensnett means it would be impossible to access!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on February 16, 2018, 06:05:05 PM
When my brother was up from London over Christmas, I introduced him to the NX mTicket app, and he used it to buy a Group Daysaver for him and his girlfriend. Before we got on the bus he showed me his screen, asking what he was supposed to do with it. The mTicket showed a QR code at the top, but when I got him to scroll up, it showed the colour boxes, which I told him to show to the driver.

I'd never seen or used the mTicket app myself before, but it definitely did show a QR code for the ticket my brother purchased.

I have observed on the BC Platinums that the Init card reader device does appear to have something at the bottom that could be a QR code reader, looks like a clear window. However, the way these devices are mounted in the Wright Eclipses at Pensnett means it would be impossible to access!

They're on there, you pull down a tab to reveal them, but they don't use them as such. The machines cannot scan them. The ticket machines on the coaches do actually scan the QR code to check it is valid on that service though

MW

Other Walsall Tony

In the last couple of weeks I have seen two drivers leave their cab and sort things out when the printer scrunched up a ticket.  Is there a reliability problem here?
Tony

DJ

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on February 21, 2018, 05:50:28 PM
In the last couple of weeks I have seen two drivers leave their cab and sort things out when the printer scrunched up a ticket.  Is there a reliability problem here?

Were you on the same 11/13 from Dudley as me then? Had a driver try to sort it out a bunch of times and then had to get a daysaver or something from the driver in front at the stop I got off at.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on February 21, 2018, 07:52:46 PM
Were you on the same 11/13 from Dudley as me then? Had a driver try to sort it out a bunch of times and then had to get a daysaver or something from the driver in front at the stop I got off at.
I was on a 51 a few weeks ago and the driver spent about 5 minutes trying to sort out the ticket machine. When he sorted it he issued a 'Test' ticket.

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: DJ98 on February 21, 2018, 07:52:46 PM
The incidents I saw were on the 529 and X51.
Tony

DJ

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on February 22, 2018, 08:00:26 AM
The incidents I saw were on the 529 and X51.

Ah, well that's at least 3 times there's been an issue in the past few weeks, then.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Stevo

Got on 2220 at Acocks Green this afternoon on the 37 but it went nowhere. Two drivers tried to unblock the ticket machine. Eventually another E200 came up behind and passengers baled out. No explanation from the drivers, nor an apology.

Tony

In it contactless on Midlands Today

The Fox 4846

If tickets are not being issued, how can tickets be checked?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk