News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I have updated The Green Bus fleetlist on my website tonight

http://wmbusphotos.com/greenbus/fleetlist.html

would one of the staff there check I now have it correct please?

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Tony on October 20, 2021, 07:08:19 PM

From my personal observations . . . . .  all correct with the buses I have seen.   

cris 99

ive been informed 105 is now in preservation and was seen at Brooklands yesterday
17//72/73/97/X12

V102MOA

Quote from: Tony on October 20, 2021, 07:08:19 PM

105 was sold to a preservationist in August

I believe 111 and 129 are also withdrawn in storage, and that 397 has not actually left the fleet, @pndriver will be able to confirm as I am away from Birmingham

Everything else looks correct and Geminis/E400s are all correct

Wumpty

Do we know why there's been no tracking information for Green Bus on bustimes.org? It's been like this for at least the last week or so.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Stu

Quote from: Wumpty on October 27, 2021, 02:54:23 PM
Do we know why there's been no tracking information for Green Bus on bustimes.org? It's been like this for at least the last week or so.

Not since October 9th it seems. I don't know the technicalities of how the tracking system works, but it would seem TGB have 'lost connection' to whatever source collects their data to feed it to TfWM.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: Wumpty on October 27, 2021, 02:54:23 PM

There's been sporadic times during the last week where Stagecoach Oxfordshire's fleet has disappeared from tracking as well, so Green Bus might be having similar problems?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

ARBB

Tracking went down but was up and running again with 100% of the buses tracking. No buses running at the minute though except for the odd private hire. There'll be a few out on Sunday on rail replacements between Tipton, Wolverhampton and Stafford.

Quote from: V102MOA on October 26, 2021, 07:32:19 PM
105 was sold to a preservationist in August

I believe 111 and 129 are also withdrawn in storage, and that 397 has not actually left the fleet, @pndriver will be able to confirm as I am away from Birmingham

Everything else looks correct and Geminis/E400s are all correct

397 is still currently in storage but Confidence Travel want to buy it. So will be leaving the fleet very soon.

Also...... how do I go about changing my name on here now

ellspurs

Quote from: pndriver on October 28, 2021, 05:13:23 PM
Also...... how do I go about changing my name on here now

https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2462.0

PM one of the Moderators/Tony it looks like.

B61 ANDREW

Still nothing since the 9th of October as far as I can see.   I have no idea how Bus Times works , do operators have the option to "opt - out" ?? ??

the trainbasher

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on October 29, 2021, 11:19:38 AMI have no idea how Bus Times works , do operators have the option to "opt - out" ?? ??

Bustimes collects the data from BODS, the bus Open Data Service.

Bus open data regulations

The Public Service Vehicles (Open Data) (England) Regulations were made in July 2020 and set out the statutory deadlines for bus operators to legally publish their data.

31 December 2020 - Obligation to provide bus timetable data to the Bus Open Data Service.
7 January 2021 - Obligation to provide vehicle location and basic fares and tickets data to the Bus Open Data Service.
7 January 2023 - Obligation to provide complex fares and ticket data to the Bus Open Data Service.

All operators who run public bus services in England must publish their data from late 2020. Community bus operators are currently outside the scope of the new service (i.e. those with exemptions under Section 19 or Section 22 of the Local Government Act 1985).

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

B61 ANDREW

Thank you 'trainbasher' , it's a bit more involved than I realised !!   

tjwpsv

Seems as though registered customers are not able to access the company's tracking either. (From the company's facebook page)

"Your tracking system on route 872 is not working again!!!!!!! It took you over 2 weeks!!!! To install a new system!! And this morning it isn't functioning again!!!!
Parents use your tracking system as a means to check their children have reached safely!!! So please fix it!!!!"

Kevin

There's a couple of bus companies not tracking at the moment:

Quote from: Midland Classic (from Facebook)7/11/21 11:25. It seems our ticket machine supplier is doing some kind of change to their system and so our buses aren't tracking on the app or bustimes.org (along with other operators who use the same system). Our buses are out there!
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Wumpty

Still no tracking information for the last two weeks. Whether it's the ticket machine suppliers/updates they still have an obligation to provide some information:
Quote from: the trainbasher on October 29, 2021, 12:29:14 PM
Bustimes collects the data from BODS, the bus Open Data Service.

Bus open data regulations

The Public Service Vehicles (Open Data) (England) Regulations were made in July 2020 and set out the statutory deadlines for bus operators to legally publish their data.

31 December 2020 - Obligation to provide bus timetable data to the Bus Open Data Service.
7 January 2021 - Obligation to provide vehicle location and basic fares and tickets data to the Bus Open Data Service.
7 January 2023 - Obligation to provide complex fares and ticket data to the Bus Open Data Service.

All operators who run public bus services in England must publish their data from late 2020. Community bus operators are currently outside the scope of the new service (i.e. those with exemptions under Section 19 or Section 22 of the Local Government Act 1985).

As one post has eluded:
Quote from: tjwpsv on November 06, 2021, 05:11:55 PM
Seems as though registered customers are not able to access the company's tracking either. (From the company's facebook page)

"Your tracking system on route 872 is not working again!!!!!!! It took you over 2 weeks!!!! To install a new system!! And this morning it isn't functioning again!!!!
Parents use your tracking system as a means to check their children have reached safely!!! So please fix it!!!!"
Parents do use this as a means of tracking their children's progress, especially as some routes have a running time of around an hour or more.

Disappointing that a a bus company whose core business is school transport has so many issues tracking these school services.

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk