News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 12, 2015, 08:48:21 PM
Quote from: Bryan on January 12, 2015, 08:28:27 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 12, 2015, 06:28:41 PM
Quote from: Westy on January 12, 2015, 05:31:31 PM
Any reason why I wouldve seen 2 Johnsons Coaches on the BC Spine Road around 930am heading Dudley direction?

Presumably doing what Johnsons do!

They are regularly all over the West Midlands

I've even seen them in the deepest darkest corners of Lincolnshire  :)

Johnsons are everywhere. Proper coach company they are. Scotland, Spain, you name it I've seen Johnsons there.

Reminds me of a line from 'Police Academy'  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

I don't remember anyone on police academy mentioning Johnsons coaches

Reece

Stu

Quote from: Steveminor on January 12, 2015, 09:43:50 PM
I don't remember anyone on police academy mentioning Johnsons coaches

They didn't mention the coaches, but the other meaning of the word 'johnson'  ;)

Chief Hurst: When I was a recruit, they were all the same height, weight and colour. And they all had johnsons! (points to his crotch). Johnsons as far as the eye could see!
Commandant Lassard: And what a wonderful sight that was! (smiles, then looks puzzled)
My locals:

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Bryan on January 12, 2015, 08:28:27 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 12, 2015, 06:28:41 PM
Quote from: Westy on January 12, 2015, 05:31:31 PM
Any reason why I wouldve seen 2 Johnsons Coaches on the BC Spine Road around 930am heading Dudley direction?

Presumably doing what Johnsons do!

They are regularly all over the West Midlands

I've even seen them in the deepest darkest corners of Lincolnshire  :)

There was a photo of one in a ditch this morning, near Stratford [Warks].  It was on a school run and had slid into the ditch from a slippery road - no one seriously injured which is good.

Steveminor

That's why I stayed clear of stratford this morning. If a coach can slide off the road what chance has a motorbike got

barry

Volvo/Alexander decker V145 LGC left the fleet prior to Christmas and has been replaced by Scania single decker SN58 FWL from Scotland.... Not sure from which operator. (Whites, Bridge of Walls)

New vehicles due for delivery in April are 2 x 49 seater club class Bova/VDL's for the coach touring fleet. Also 3 x Unvi / Mercs are on order to replace the 08 minibuses. At least one is a 29 seater Voyager.

Barry, Johnsons already have a thread, no need to create another one, Winston

Tony

Quote from: barry on February 13, 2015, 12:02:40 AM
Volvo/Alexander decker V145 LGC left the fleet prior to Christmas and has been replaced by Scania single decker SN58 FWL from Scotland.... Not sure from which operator. (Whites, Bridge of Walls)

New vehicles due for delivery in April are 2 x 49 seater club class Bova/VDL's for the coach touring fleet. Also 3 x Unvi / Mercs are on order to replace the 08 minibuses. At least one is a 29 seater Voyager.

Is new arrival SN58 GWL still on the road? Doesn't look like it has been taxed since 31/1/15

Alex

Quote from: Tony on February 25, 2015, 07:13:28 PM
Quote from: barry on February 13, 2015, 12:02:40 AM

Is new arrival SN58 GWL still on the road? Doesn't look like it has been taxed since 31/1/15

Saw it on the X20
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Stu

I saw it yesterday on the X20 too. Still got no working LED displays, just "X20" and "Birmingham to Stratford-upon-Avon" on bits of paper in the windscreen.
My locals:

Solo1

winston

PD0000226/109 - JOHNSONS (HENLEY) LTD, LIVERIDGE HOUSE, LIVERIDGE HILL, HENLEY-IN-ARDEN, B95 5QS
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Berkswell Rail Sation and Coventry, Pool Meadow given service number 87 effective from 26-Apr-2015. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

PD0000226/121 - JOHNSONS (HENLEY) LTD, LIVERIDGE HOUSE, LIVERIDGE HILL, HENLEY-IN-ARDEN, B95 5QS
    Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: Coventry, Pool Meadow Bus Station
    Finish Point: Coundon, Overslade Crescent
    Via: Scots Lane, Christchurch Road, Holyhead Road, Moseley Avenue
    Service Number: 42
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Effective Date: 26-APR-2015
    Other Details: Monday to Saturday

Adam 404

Cause of the tenders been put together by Centro so there is less lay over time.

JPC

Quote from: Adam 404 on March 03, 2015, 06:46:32 PM
Cause of the tenders been put together by Centro so there is less lay over time.

Very little overlay I would imagine as current timetables shows the 42 as 22/23 minutes each way and the 87 as 36/37 minutes each way, which totals 118 minutes.
But it may be possible the Cannon Park loop is removed from the 87 to provide more slack time and the reopening of Warwick Road will be another help. The two buses will obviously remain on the 87 at peak times possibly offering an odd extra journey to boot, all depends on how straightforward they want the timetable to be I suppose.

James4368

one of my mates photographed E400MMC YY64GWX with X20 display on it in Stratford-upon-Avon today

Johnsons might have it on loan?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk