News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Interesting just read a post on Facebook castle residents complaining to their local councillor, reference the fairly recent new terminus parking arrangements causing issues. 

Steve3229vp

The 0654 907 from Sutton was a Scania Omnilink 7021. Full to rafters. Ridiculous !

Tony

E167 has joined E165 in the driver training rota for drivers at Perry Barr. E167 is in full livery and may be seen out and about next week

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

I'm hearing a lot of rumours that WA's remaining BX61s are moving to PB in the Summer. Is this true as I found it quite hard to believe considering the Hydrogen bus problems.
5/51/X51/529

Tony

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 21, 2024, 08:53:43 AMI'm hearing a lot of rumours that WA's remaining BX61s are moving to PB in the Summer. Is this true as I found it quite hard to believe considering the Hydrogen bus problems.
a) Don't bother listening to rumours, wait for facts from the company

b) why on earth would a garage about to replace every diesel double deck with a brand new electric double deck want 12 year old diesels transferred in.

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: Tony on January 21, 2024, 09:00:37 AMa) Don't bother listening to rumours, wait for facts from the company

b) why on earth would a garage about to replace every diesel double deck with a brand new electric double deck want 12 year old diesels transferred in.
Exactly what i was thinking. I don't understand why people like to make stupid rumours which clearly aren't true.
5/51/X51/529

Tony

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 21, 2024, 09:02:52 AMExactly what i was thinking. I don't understand why people like to make stupid rumours which clearly aren't true.
The maximum I will ever decide cascades is two months in advance, as that is the maximum time MoT's are done before their expiry, so when you see anything is happening more than two months in advance it has been made up.

JosephR

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 21, 2024, 08:53:43 AMI'm hearing a lot of rumours that WA's remaining BX61s are moving to PB in the Summer. Is this true as I found it quite hard to believe considering the Hydrogen bus problems.
If you look at recent transfers and the gaps in fleet numbers that should seem enough to make sense of what could be pending in/out. 

PB just went from 20 to 12 of them btw. 

Stu

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 21, 2024, 09:02:52 AMExactly what i was thinking. I don't understand why people like to make stupid rumours which clearly aren't true.
"Disinformation"

Either fantasists seeking attention, or mischief-makers making stuff up to see how far it spreads.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Changes to routes. 67A/71A are replaced by new 64/X64 from 25/2/24.

X64 - New Service. Birmingham to Minworth Peddimore via Aston, Erdington, The Fort, Castle Vale.
64 - New Service Nechells to Minworth Peddimore via Erdington, The Fort, Bromford Road (Hodge Hill), Castle Vale, Asda.
71 - Revised timetable. Service 71A withdrawn.

Timetables and route maps are on TFWM website.
Personally I think it might make sense for the FD trips to be merged into the X64 timetable as well.
Can we also expect TFWM to put up some bus stops on Bromford Road?
Both will go under the park lane bridge in Caslte Vale so we can expect them to be strictly Omnilink as well I guess.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Well, that might trigger some PTSD seeing an X64 in City again! Albeit a completely different one.

Wonder whether this one will be just as 'express'.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 03, 2024, 12:06:56 AMWonder whether this one will be just as 'express'.
Yes. All stops are served enroute.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

monkeyjoe

Does seem odd route number choice 

cris 99

Why is it an odd number now you  will have 64/65/66/67 all in the same area along with the X64 of course
17//72/73/97/X12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk