News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Currently there are two midi 05 reg darts parked in the over flow car park across the road from Tividale and don't look in great condition also some royal bath midi darts any ideas what will happen to these vehicles i'm guessing the 05 reg ones might see further service with Rotala somewhere in the group.

winston

Quote from: Ash on March 27, 2013, 12:16:18 AM
Currently there are two midi 05 reg darts parked in the over flow car park across the road from Tividale and don't look in great condition also some royal bath midi darts any ideas what will happen to these vehicles i'm guessing the 05 reg ones might see further service with Rotala somewhere in the group.

The two 05 plate MPD's are former Travel London, I think they are only missing a few panels here & there, they would be useful in allowing the withdrawal of S & T-reg MPD's, certainly not by increasing the size of the MPD fleet

Ash

30213 broke down on the 4 today at Stone Cross. These buses cadets are being unreliable 30205 broke down earlier on in the week on the 301 in Walsall. With tight timetables for both the 4H and 4M i'm not surprised as the cadets seem to get thrashed just to allow the drivers to arrive on time leading to overheating especially to the cadets.

Stevo

The interesting thing about Travel London vehicles is their TWM-spec interiors, complete with standard moquette.

Ash

Quote from: Stevo on March 29, 2013, 06:00:37 PM
The interesting thing about Travel London vehicles is their TWM-spec interiors, complete with standard moquette.

They don't look as if they will be put into service anytime soon as they have been parked up with the other touchwood connection darts for a while now. Good to see the b7rle's starting to arrive at Long Acre.

Ash

Saw a few 4M vehicles today for diamond between Walsall and West Brom and most had quite a few passengers on with some of diamond's 4M infront of NXWM 4M and some not. I think it's the West Bromwich to MerryHill section that's the issue but instead of comparing passenger numbers to when it was a sunday 404E at every 15 minutes there just withdrawing off it altogether instead of reverting back to every 15 minutes between Walsall and West Bromwich with one less vehicle than the 4M currently uses on a Sunday.

Ash

Ash

R532YRP now with select bus operating in Wolverhampton still with diamond fleetnames on the front and diamond route branding.

bwsau cymru

Cadet yj51ekb 30202 sounds really bad and is pulling rubbish up hill on the 4 today but for how much longer, can see that coming off the road today hopefully making way for another new eclipse to come on!
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

30202 hasn't sound well for some time and really struggles for power definitely the worst cadet diamond has.

Solo1

Diamond are loaning R532 untill select low
Floors are ready

Ash

Quote from: Solo1 on April 25, 2013, 10:32:27 PM
Floors are ready

I dont get what you mean the bus was on loan to select, do you mean diamond are taking the bus back?

tank90

Quote from: Ash on April 25, 2013, 11:20:05 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on April 25, 2013, 10:32:27 PM
Floors are ready

I dont get what you mean the bus was on loan to select, do you mean diamond are taking the bus back?
nooo he means that Select have loaned r532 whilst there low floors are sorted and put into service.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

People have been complaining on the facebook page for diamond about the 4M not turning up on Sunday morning with people being left stranded with the likelihood of them having a diamond pass. The communication about the service being cancelled in an evening and on a sunday is poor. On the facebook page and diamond home page it states timetable changes not about the cancellation of the evening and sunday service after over 2 years of running it, the sunday service was not that badly used and now passengers are being stranded looks like more people buying a NXWM pass instead of a diamond one.

nitromatt1

Waited 40 minutes in Halesowen this afternoon (20 minute frequency) for a 4H towards Hayley Green, then two came at once - both were late, one twenty minutes more than the other!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk